Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 18-03-2011, 10:51 AM   #121
fmc351
let it burn

Default Re: Cops now using HSV E3 Clubsports - WTF???

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Well not so paranoid or vain that I think that a general remark must be about me. But thanks for reminding me, I had almost forgotten about the trolls that come and go running from forum to forum stirring up trouble and contributing nothing positive at all.
Hi pot.
Old 19-03-2011, 09:07 AM   #122
Muscle_Inc
GT= The Gamble,The Legend

If i could mention a sighting, on the M5 just a couple of days ago i spotted a unmarked white VE SS station wagon, totally caught me by surprise!

I wish i had the opportunity to take a photo but was unable too, though going from the various posts, the police force use a array of vehicles and im unsure about the logic behind it but to state the obvious its definetely out there to catch us by surpise!

Howard Marsden -They were at time rated supposedly as the fastest 4 door production car in the world.

Bill Bourke - Part of the GT that changed the auto industry of australia, i would say one word, exciting it added excitement to the industry.

-GTHO P3
Old 19-03-2011, 09:08 AM   #123
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Who cares. Has anyone thought that maybe the police get it at a heavily discounted price, and that it might be used to build a bit of PR, whilst at the same time being an operational vehicle? Not to mention some nice advertising for HSV / FPV.

Even if you could buy 3 normal cars with that cost, what's the point when the police force don't have enough members to drive the 3 cars!!

It has nothing to do with high speed chases, or being able to pull some one over. Perhaps a few of you need to think outside the square a bit.

As for being a waste of tax payers money, cry me a river... There's a million other things that are more wasteful! Don't get me started on the carbon tax rubbish, i dare say that in itself will cost us more then the funding of a few HSVs or FPVs.

At the end of the day, the police force has a budget for vehicles, and if they can afford a HSV within that budget, then why not? It's not like we're paying extra tax for them to have it...
Old 19-03-2011, 09:46 AM   #124
jayc16
Starter Motor

I'd rather police have better vehicles and make dumbasses think twice about trying to run away and end up hitting some innocent.
An extra 20k isn't that much to spend to help prevent future car chasers.

Last edited by jayc16; 19-03-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old 19-03-2011, 10:33 AM   #125
mick10010

Pointless...
Closed Thread