Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 05-02-2011, 04:44 PM   #1
Hords
Treasure your balls?

Default Dash & Centre Consul Lights Dim and Flashing ???

G'day All

I've been OS for a few weeks and today was the first day I drove the TE in the dark (back to work :( ). Anyway, start the car, headlights to on and then, huh, no lights on the dash and centre consul. Must be a fuse I thought, but they were fine. Anyway, I had to leave and just persisted. On the way I played with the dimmer switch and darkness started to brighten. Great I thought, can't remember dimming them. But behold, at full intensity they are only dim and then there was a constant flashing (on/off) to a consistent frequency. Seems really odd and I'm clueless what to do. May try an ECU reset tonight but doubt my chances.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:20 PM   #2
b2tf
not here much anymore

How's your battery mate? First thing mine does is send the dash lights weird if it's on the way out. Also check alternator.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:36 PM   #3
Hords
Treasure your balls?

Thanks Aust

Starts alright and headlights appear normal. Suppose it won't hurt to give it a trickle charge overnight. Will check the voltage on the way home tonight.