Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-09-2005, 09:24 PM   #1
get_bonked
XG UTE

Default Chip For Jim Mock Motorsport

What chip are you guys running with a DEV 5 motor. Mines still running a standard ECU. Does anyone have any idea what is the best way to go...

94 XG Falcon ute. Phantom mica, bonnet scoop, lowered peddars suspension, 17" chrome quake mags, JMM DEV 5 kit, 2.5" exhaust and JMM extractors, minispool, XR6 ECU, autometer gauges, full pioneer stereo, 2x 10" subs, 2x 6x9 speakers. HAULS **** for a six and beats most eights. What more could you want?
get_bonked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2005, 09:27 PM   #2
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

JMM do there own piggyback computer now called the JMM Interceptor.. meant to be very good.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2005, 09:30 PM   #3
get_bonked
XG UTE

yeah but they also suggested to just run a EB or ED XR6 ECU too - which are near impossible to find and not only that everytime we've tried to deal with them lately they have been far from helpful
94 XG Falcon ute. Phantom mica, bonnet scoop, lowered peddars suspension, 17" chrome quake mags, JMM DEV 5 kit, 2.5" exhaust and JMM extractors, minispool, XR6 ECU, autometer gauges, full pioneer stereo, 2x 10" subs, 2x 6x9 speakers. HAULS **** for a six and beats most eights. What more could you want?
Old 23-09-2005, 09:48 PM   #4
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Strange

The have always been helpfull and taken the time out to explain how things work and are priced

Vary rare these days to find that from anyone
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2005, 11:33 PM   #5
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Even when I was in strife when doing things myself,I have always found Brendan and his dad Jim absolutely marvellous..
Its a tough market and they are constantly working to make things happen.

I say give them the benefit of the doubt.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2005, 02:52 AM   #6
hamo
since the beginning

JMM still do unichip and tuning?

Always Autotech
hamo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2005, 09:33 AM   #7
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

My old DEV5 XH ran good with the standard ECU, and ran very good with a XR ECU.
It didn't have any kind of aftermarket ECU and produced 175rwkw.

Rick.
Old 27-09-2005, 11:59 AM   #8
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
My old DEV5 XH ran good with the standard ECU, and ran very good with a XR ECU.
It didn't have any kind of aftermarket ECU and produced 175rwkw.
If I remember correctly didn't JMM advise you to stick with the standard ecu as an aftermarket chip wouldn't make much difference more.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2005, 01:06 AM   #9
TheJackal
Banned

yeah stick with the xr ecu(if u can), i was at jmm last week when i went to melb and brendan said the xr computer is the way to go.
and im def goin to be gettin my stuff through them, i went there and brendan was more then willing to talk to me bout stuff and whats the best to go for and what needs to be done to make it all happen properly..
TheJackal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2005, 02:21 PM   #10
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6
If I remember correctly didn't JMM advise you to stick with the standard ecu as an aftermarket chip wouldn't make much difference more.
That's right, I showed them my A/F ratios and they knew it idled good, so they talked me out of fitting a Unichip, which BTW, I would have bought from them.

Rick.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:37 PM   #11
STOKEB
NOS Induction pssssshhhhh

i might be getting a ecu for my car a after market Microtech or sutmhing i have a ed xr6 computer in my car for a manual i might be selling
STOKEB - 3:7 diff gears, 3inch zorst, JMM Race Series Extractors, Custom Bottom end to suit N20, AU DEV 6 Head and Cam, Cold Air Intake, ED XR6 Manual Computer with Flash Tunner, ED XR6 Fuel reg, C10 Auto, 2800stall .
---------------------------------------------------
I LiVe My LiFe A bOtTlE aT a TiMe, FoR tHoSe 200 sQuIrTs I fEeL fReE.........pssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh
STOKEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2005, 09:11 AM   #12
get_bonked
XG UTE

Thanks mate. PM sent.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:59 PM   #13
5_speed

I got a EF XR6 ECU put on my EF manual that already had the DEV5, Race Headers and Intake. JMM put it in, bit extra in the mid range now and made 178rwKw, up from 170rwKw (although Brendan said he got it up to 182rwKw - but I didn't get a graph of that run).
5_speed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post