Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 14-01-2011, 11:15 AM   #1
Talldude

Default LR Zetec exhaust options

Hell All!

I have a 2003 LR Zetec focus.

Well I have bought some St170 headers the next step is to buy a flex pipe and a hi-flow cat.

Question is can I fit these things onto my stock exhaust system?

Why I would be doing this is, well a lack of funds atm.

I will put a ST170 cat back after when funds are more readily available.

Just don't like the idea of things sitting in my garage when it has the potential of being put onto my car.

Any help would be great!

With ST170 Suspension all round, ST170 Snorkel, K&N air filter, 2.0 Auto Air deflector, MSD Ignition coils and high amp leads. (In red adds at least 5bhp!) Also Under pulley kit. Refreshed ST170 wheels now!
Talldude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2011, 01:27 PM   #2
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Talldude, here's a post I've copied from www.ffoc.co.uk (Ford Focus Owners Club UK) that may be of help.

(For all Focus owners, I recommend paying the annual subscription fee for FFOC, as it will pay for itself may times over)

The link is
http://www.ffoc.co.uk/modules.php?na...topic&t=177504
but you'd need to be a paid up member to access it I think

I've attached it as a pdf as the pics won't copy straight to the post for some reason
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2.0 litre-ST170 exhaust adaption.pdf (341.5 KB, 68 views)
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

Last edited by melbzetec; 14-01-2011 at 01:34 PM.
melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2011, 03:53 PM   #3
Talldude

Very very very nice man!

did you have to get that done btw?
With ST170 Suspension all round, ST170 Snorkel, K&N air filter, 2.0 Auto Air deflector, MSD Ignition coils and high amp leads. (In red adds at least 5bhp!) Also Under pulley kit. Refreshed ST170 wheels now!
Old 14-01-2011, 07:34 PM   #4
melbzetec

No I didn't as a 2.25" catback was the first mod I did.

Hope the info is what you need
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.

Old 14-01-2011, 08:56 PM   #5
Talldude

Yeah it is exactly.

All i need to do is fabricate an adaptor.......

any suggestion?
Old 15-01-2011, 12:54 AM   #6
melbzetec

If it was me, I'd make one from aluminium sheet. (Easy to work with)

Trace the shape from the flange of the exhaust, cut out with a hacksaw and file smooth, then drill the required holes

Old 15-01-2011, 10:44 AM   #7
Talldude

Yeah good idea.

You have been a great help!
Old 15-01-2011, 01:48 PM   #8
melbzetec

You can always give rep points!!! LOL