Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-08-2010, 09:25 AM   #31
GoldCoastGTP
Luxo rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
yes it did, but my mate came around this arvo and I showed him the thread on AFF....

He isn't a wannabe, or a label shopper but he had some valid points in his mechs defence..

His mechanic is a 'A" class mechanic and has not dropped the ball since:-

He rectified the problem, went above and beyond to keep old mates patronage... not because he needed the customer but because he was genuinely embarrassed.

The problems were not with his skills turning spanners but the phone and admin of his business. The distractions were counterproductive to his business. He was forever running back and forth to the phone; the irony is that his customer service and knowledge ACTUALLY started to have adverse affects on his ability to focus on what he was good at. Fixing cars.....

He now has an office girl and is putting out quality work again apparently.

While mine was an anecdotal story for this thread, it shows there are those that have knowledge and aptitude for automotive repairs and those that just couldn't get a job doing anything else.
We are all human and crap happens and it was good he went out of his way to rectify the problem - One simple error we have all done it
I hope he still gets the business
Old 23-09-2010, 04:29 AM   #32
nkhi2009
Starter Motor

a particular tyr shop i had a wheel alinment done at siad my car drove funny and whaldent garenty his alinment as he thinks something is rong with the front end i had just replaced everthing with new parts even the rack turned out he couldent under stand old cars dont drive like new bombs thay have personality same mechanic said he couldent wheel aline my mates pano cous it was modifide wtf it is stock exept its lowerd
then there is the d@#%@#% head that works at ####### customers car comes in overheating he clamesto have fixed it charged the girl $1500 the car cooks and cracks its head the next day turn out the rad was blocked cant work out what work he did there isnt one then theres the body shop he f^^%#d up the paint job on my mates pano heaps of runs and the paint peeled of the door in one place this is 2pck by the way i do all my own work and even help uthers fix what the local dicks f up around here
nkhi2009 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2010, 08:41 AM   #33
2002au
Define definitive

about 2 and a half months ago i brought my au xr6 from a local dealer/mechanic, anyways about 2 weeks ago i brought one of those gauge brackets from miss aly. then brought 2 speco oil and water temp gauges (mechanical). so i take them and the car to that same place to get fitted, after about 2 and a half days they called and said "awww the gauges wont work there the wrong ones, we'll pull them back out of the car if u want" so i say im coming down to get the car, leave the gauges hooked up, ill do it myself.

get down there and one gauges doesnt light up and they charged me $150. PATHETIC
BF F6 TYPHOON in NEO #718 ~ 356rwkw :
BF XR6 TURBO in SILHOUETTE
2002au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2010, 08:44 AM   #34
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Translation please ??
GT450 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2010, 09:34 AM   #35
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by FgNewbie
Since then I always check my nuts.
I'm gonna tell my sister this one, so she'll take it a little more easy on my 2 year old nephew.

When I left school and was at uni I used to work for my father part time. He had about 5 company vehicles and he used to take them to an old italian bloke named sergio in Greenacre. Long story short, this guy used to go up to Big W to get his parts. Who on earth has ever heard of FirePower brake pads? To top it off, if they didn't fit (wrong model etc) he'd get an angle grinder and modify them. He'd never bleed the brakes, he never flushed radiators, he never did anything positive except change the oil. Suffice to say, I made my father stop going there after his NC fairlane was found to only have the front left brake working; mould and air in all the other 3 lines. Throughout this all, a mate of mine who's an auto electrician and myself would tinker on the weekend, and we eventually sorted out all of the issues including high temperature (75% blocked radiator). This idiot mechanic said hi temp was a design fault and wanted to install a thermo fan. He'd fill it up with water FFS.

Funnily enough, nothing ever broke down after my mate and myself started repairing things.
The funny thing was, this idiot sergio used to come around and ask if we needed anything serviced. I gave him a lecture on how criminal liability works and how his shoddy workmanship would be considered contributory negligence. Shortly after that he stopped working from home. Then again, it could have asbestos related diseases from modifying brake pads with a grinder.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2010, 10:24 AM   #36
TZENU
XY Driv3r

I was driving along in the XY and noticed that my rear end felt a little wavy, so I pulled over and noticed that I hadn't done the wheel nuts properly and there were only two nuts left!
I phone my mate to bring me his jack and some wheel nuts.....30 seconds later I see said mates car (modified RX7) making a U-turn; all I heard was a huge rev and dump, smoke everywhere and he fly's right by me.....WTF that doesn't look like him...
Phoned him up and told him what had happened. He had it in for a check-in (I think it was leaking power steering fluid) and I suppose the mechanic thought he would have a bit of fun.
His response when confronted "These cars are meant to be driven hard"... Needless to say, I had to use all my force to hold my mate back!
Old 23-09-2010, 10:41 AM   #37
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdcol71
Never had a problem with Midas, the one I went to last race BMWs, and there seemed to be all manner of enthusiast cars lined up. One of the few places that I have found that don't do anything not requested without first asking and there is no surprise with the prices,(straight tune/service work ie, always quoted up front.
wasnt the cannon hill one was it? i use either them or capalaba midas.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2010, 11:20 AM   #38
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkhi2009
a particular tyr shop i had a wheel alinment done at siad my car drove funny and whaldent garenty his alinment as he thinks something is rong with the front end i had just replaced everthing with new parts even the rack turned out he couldent under stand old cars dont drive like new bombs thay have personality same mechanic said he couldent wheel aline my mates pano cous it was modifide wtf it is stock exept its lowerd
then there is the d@#%@#% head that works at ####### customers car comes in overheating he clamesto have fixed it charged the girl $1500 the car cooks and cracks its head the next day turn out the rad was blocked cant work out what work he did there isnt one then theres the body shop he f^^%#d up the paint job on my mates pano heaps of runs and the paint peeled of the door in one place this is 2pck by the way i do all my own work and even help uthers fix what the local dicks f up around here

I'll see if I can't translate that for you.

Quote:
A particular tyre shop that I'd had a wheel alignment done at, said my car drove hilariously and would not guarantee the alignment. The technician thought something was incorrect within the front suspension components that I'd just replaced, including the steering rack. It occurred to me that perhaps this individual technician is incapable of understanding that older cars don't perform the same as new explosions. I then thought of informing him of my personality but decided against it. This maligned technician apparently had difficulty aligning the wheels of my friends pen|s as it was modified; "MODIFIED" I exclaimed, even though it had been modified in a vertical way.

Further, there's this phallus end who works at ##########. A customers car came in with the complaint of an overheating engine. The phallus end in question has laid claim to repairs, and charged the female owner $1500.00 accordingly. It seems as though his repairs weren't effective though, as the next day the engine was a chef with skull fracture wound. Unfortunately, the radiator had a blockage which seems to be the culprit of the chef with the skull fracture. I'm perplexed as to what this phallus end did.

Finally, there's a body shop which had intercourse with the paint on my friends pen|s. There's plenty of diarrhea for all, some of it peeling off a door. Somehow I like the rapper 2pac. For those of you interested, I do all of my own work and on occassion, I even help others fix the local genitalia and the damage as a result of intercourse.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2010, 12:01 PM   #39
BOSHOG
avenge me

Quote:
worst first post ever
Old 23-09-2010, 12:51 PM   #40
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

oh ltd that is the funniest post i have ever read on AFF
i am sitting here at work trying not to explode from laughter
Old 23-09-2010, 12:56 PM   #41
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002au
about 2 and a half months ago i brought my au xr6 from a local dealer/mechanic, anyways about 2 weeks ago i brought one of those gauge brackets from miss aly. then brought 2 speco oil and water temp gauges (mechanical). so i take them and the car to that same place to get fitted, after about 2 and a half days they called and said "awww the gauges wont work there the wrong ones, we'll pull them back out of the car if u want" so i say im coming down to get the car, leave the gauges hooked up, ill do it myself.

get down there and one gauges doesnt light up and they charged me $150. PATHETIC
This one is not much better.

ltd
Old 23-09-2010, 01:42 PM   #42
XR6WGN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I want to know who miss aly is

And Mr Hardware, i did burst out laughing - i'm still getting funny looks from my workmate

My Gallery Photos Here
XR6WGN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2010, 01:50 PM   #43
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Hahaha ltd that's gold I kept referencing the other post cos it was not making sense, then saw what he had written, absolute genius you are!
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2010, 02:09 PM   #44
TP351
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd

Mate, that is gold.......
TP351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2010, 02:18 PM   #45
tweeked
N/A all the way

tweeked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2010, 03:06 PM   #46
sarrge2001
SZII in Silhouette

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd

Classic

Strangers have the best candy.......
sarrge2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2010, 03:13 PM   #47
max
LWBforME

Quote:
I take it then that you don't have a great deal of confidence in the motor trades practitioners in your locale?
max is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2010, 03:58 PM   #48
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
For God's sake take some pride in your spelling, grammar & sentence structure. It doesn't have to be 100% perfect - but it shouldn't give you a migraine trying to read & decipher it.
Peter B - CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2010, 05:03 PM   #49
2002au
Define definitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun
This one is not much better.

ltd
my writing and grammar isnt that bad is it lol??
Old 23-09-2010, 05:09 PM   #50
MAV50L
Banned

Quote:

Are you disabled?
MAV50L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2010, 05:15 PM   #51
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Gentle ppl's. I think he's copped enough. Back on topic!

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2010, 05:41 PM   #52
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002au
my writing and grammar isnt that bad is it lol??
It's alright, it's more punctuation that irks some people. No full stops or commas in a massive paragraph of text strains eyes more than just generally annoys.
By the way, your family is ford crazy apparently!
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2010, 06:05 PM   #53
2002au
Define definitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin'
It's alright, it's more punctuation that irks some people. No full stops or commas in a massive paragraph of text strains eyes more than just generally annoys.
By the way, your family is ford crazy apparently!
time for school i think....lol. yeah they sure are, i get that alot
Old 24-09-2010, 12:40 AM   #54
Halfmo Rocks
Bearded Hermit

i bought my turbo ute almost 4 months ago, just out of warranty now (3 months/5000kms, standard short term dealer waranty)
first 4 weeks i had it, i had to take it back 4 times.
bought it on the saturday & took it in on the monday morning for a flickering battery light. mechanic says ''i'll ring you when it's ready''.
picked it up tuesday arvo on the way to work, they never told me it was ready...i rang up & asked getting ''yeah it's ready, no problems now mate...all fixed''. battery light comes back on as i left their driveway, so i call them & book it back in first thing wednesday morning. he had no idea of my booking.
again, no call to tell me it's ready, i had to ask them friday morning, and got the same stupid response ''yeah, you should have come & got it yesterday'' . (it turned out to just be a wiring short of some kind, and is all good now)

i then discover a power steering leak the week after, no big deal i figure, every falcon i've ever had has had the high pressure hose go at some stage.
i take it back in, after booking it in...not just rocking up. he again had no idea i was coming...took 2 hours to arrive to my 9am monday booking. ''yeah, no worries mate, the high pressure hose is common, i fix it real quick'' he says.
few days later, i notice spots on the driveway...power steering is leaking worse than before. i try to be as polite as i can to the girl on the phone as i book it back in again, insisting she double and triple check he know i'm coming, as the last 2 times he claimed no knowledge of my appointment.
i get to my appointment...and have to wait over an hour for him, no idea i'm coming again. i go for a walk before i lose my temper with the guy...3 hours later he says he's replaced the hose again. and i leave biting my tongue (still 2 months warranty at this point...can't say anything to much in case an expensive problem pops up).
after having to fill the power steering fluid up (he couldn't even fill it after replacing hose) i had about 9 weeks of happiness.

now i see the power steering is leaking again. i would not have gone back there if i still had the warranty - rather spend my own cash & get it done right.
the hilarious thing is, every time i went there...he kept telling me about how they do servicing & repairs. like i ever would go back there.

it was Australian fleet sales in Penrith, NSW. i have told everyone i know to avoid the place like the plague...i only went with them because they offered me a much better trade in than anywhere else, i was stunned how high the trade price was, and quickly agreed (it was actually triple what sinclair ford offered me). won't make that mistake again. plus their salesmen (well, all the ones i spoke to) were extremely polite, great attitudes...one in particular that i spoke to was the chief reason i didn't lose my temper there, wish i knew his name..., he deserves the recognition. the good points were few & far between

previously...AUII Futura, BAII XR6T ute, BFII XT, BF XR6...with a holden barina & a renault clio thown in at times of financial crisis
Halfmo Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post