Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 10-06-2010, 01:21 AM   #1
Coupusmaximus

Default Wearing pads rather than discs?

Hey there, I just picked up my BF GT after its 45,000 km service, apparently I have about 5,000 km's before having to replace pads and rotors (standard Brembo set up) at a cost of $2200.00. I thought I would need to change pads a few times (which I haven't) before having to replace rotors, I was told the pads and rotors wear at the same rate, is there a softer pad I can run, to delay having to replacing my rotors? Thanks for your time, cheers, Lee.

Old 10-06-2010, 03:08 PM   #2
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupusmaximus
Hey there, I just picked up my BF GT after its 45,000 km service, apparently I have about 5,000 km's before having to replace pads and rotors (standard Brembo set up) at a cost of $2200.00. I thought I would need to change pads a few times (which I haven't) before having to replace rotors, I was told the pads and rotors wear at the same rate, is there a softer pad I can run, to delay having to replacing my rotors? Thanks for your time, cheers, Lee.
The sad thing is they are nearly correct in saying that but there are pads now available that do not wear the rotors as much as the genuine ones do.The pads are $215 or $315 a set with genuine rotors from $880 a pair for front only and from $600 a pair in a aftermarket slotted style. Freight is extra but basicaly we can smash those genuine prices for you.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2010, 08:30 PM   #3
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

I have the replacement pads from you on my FG F6, 4 pot brembos, fronts. How do you get rid of the squeal?
Old 26-07-2010, 10:05 AM   #4
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
I have the replacement pads from you on my FG F6, 4 pot brembos, fronts. How do you get rid of the squeal?
Can you tell me what brand of pad you fitted thanks mate and also were rotors machined or were new rotors fitted ? Most common squealing problems are from a harmonic problem between pad and piston or pad and calipers.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 26-07-2010, 10:52 PM   #5
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLOORED
Can you tell me what brand of pad you fitted thanks mate and also were rotors machined or were new rotors fitted ? Most common squealing problems are from a harmonic problem between pad and piston or pad and calipers.
I will shoot a pm to Theo at BPR, he fitted them for me, to find out brand. Front pads only, to replace genuine brembo pads.
Old 27-07-2010, 09:46 AM   #6
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Apparently your own brand, retail $250 for 4 pot brembos front set of pads. Stock rotors etc.
Old 27-07-2010, 01:25 PM   #7
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
Apparently your own brand, retail $250 for 4 pot brembos front set of pads. Stock rotors etc.
I need an invoice number or a pad number sorry as we sell many different pads for these cars and some are in our boxes but there are different letters/numbers to refer to pad material types we do.Were the stock rotors machined at all and if removed were the hubs cleaned at all.All these things can contribute to pad squeal.Was there any copper grease etc fitted to the brake pad at all ? Ford use a similar product on the ends of the pads as well as the rear of the brake pads where the pistons touch to reduce pad squeal.If this wasn't done i would recommend it to be done as well as a disc machine with a quick rub of the pad face before refitting.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 27-07-2010, 04:51 PM   #8
Wolfinsheepsclothing
preying on lions

hi matt i've been running ferrado ds performance pads on my xr8(with dba 4000 rotors),though i find they offer good performance they seem to have a anoying squeal under braking and are quite dusty,a mate recomended ebc pads-my question is what colour for spirited country road driving,also any other recomendations,cheerz
Old 27-07-2010, 06:23 PM   #9
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by taupiriboy
hi matt i've been running ferrado ds performance pads on my xr8(with dba 4000 rotors),though i find they offer good performance they seem to have a anoying squeal under braking and are quite dusty,a mate recomended ebc pads-my question is what colour for spirited country road driving,also any other recomendations,cheerz
We have now had a couple of people experiencing pad squeal with those DS pads in the last 2 days but it is not a high amount compared to the amount we have sold so i will keep my eye on them.The EBC Redstuff would be the choice pad if that is what you want to try but there isn't much else available performance wise apart from the QFM pad.From my experience we have had people also complain about squeal and under performance from these 2 pad brands but again it is a divided argument where as you will get some people saying they are the best pads since sliced bread and on the other corner we have people that would never use them again.Me ! well i am in the middle of the debate (lol)

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 28-07-2010, 04:25 PM   #10
Wolfinsheepsclothing
preying on lions

Quote:
We have now had a couple of people experiencing pad squeal with those DS pads in the last 2 days but it is not a high amount compared to the amount we have sold so i will keep my eye on them.The EBC Redstuff would be the choice pad if that is what you want to try but there isn't much else available performance wise apart from the QFM pad.From my experience we have had people also complain about squeal and under performance from these 2 pad brands but again it is a divided argument where as you will get some people saying they are the best pads since sliced bread and on the other corner we have people that would never use them again.Me ! well i am in the middle of the debate (lol)
thanks for that matt,i think i'll try the redstuff after the ds's are worn
Old 28-07-2010, 11:08 PM   #11
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Sorry to waste your time, just found out that the pads are from a different race brakes mob. Thanks for your advice though.
Old 29-07-2010, 11:42 AM   #12
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

No worries.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 01-08-2010, 02:59 PM   #13
Wolfinsheepsclothing
preying on lions

sorry if i'm being a pain but what's a front and rear set of ebc redstuff pads worth
Old 02-08-2010, 11:29 AM   #14
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
sorry if i'm being a pain but what's a front and rear set of ebc redstuff pads worth
Not a problem at all thats what i am here for.
EBC Redstuff pads for Brembo's and the prices have to be quoted from the forum if anyone buys or my normal pricing may be charged.
4 pot front - $385
6 pot front - $415
4 pot rear - $350
PBR 1 pot rear not done as yet

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 02-08-2010, 04:14 PM   #15
Wolfinsheepsclothing
preying on lions

Quote:
Not a problem at all thats what i am here for.
EBC Redstuff pads for Brembo's and the prices have to be quoted from the forum if anyone buys or my normal pricing may be charged.
4 pot front - $385
6 pot front - $415
4 pot rear - $350
PBR 1 pot rear not done as yet
sorry matt but my brakes are std bf2 xr8 ones-322mm fronts and 298mm rears,cheerz and sorry for the confusion
Old 03-08-2010, 01:09 PM   #16
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
sorry matt but my brakes are std bf2 xr8 ones-322mm fronts and 298mm rears,cheerz and sorry for the confusion
No worries Redstuff front and rear std calipers
Fronts $215.00
Rears $195.00

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 17-09-2010, 09:43 AM   #17
vfast
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No worries Redstuff front and rear std calipers
Fronts $215.00
Rears $195.00
Matt how do these compare to the Ferrodo DS2500s? Less dust I hope? My goal is better than stock pads but not as dust as the Ferrodo's

Is a rotor machine always recommended when fitting a new set of pads?

Have been hearing about QFM pads also - whats your recommendation on their range?

Thanks always for your help.
vfast is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2010, 11:08 AM   #18
bingoTE50
Steve

Hello Matt ,

I bought some replacement pads for my GT at about 15000 k's and they are still going although I am starting to get a bit of vibration .( needs a machine) Now at 86000 k,s on the original brembos discs . My question is , when I am ready to buy new rotors more than likely aftermarkets , will the brembo pads i have which are barely worn,have the same effect on a aftermarket rotor as they do on the brembo rotor ?
( ps , i do a lot of highway work hence the longevity of the brakes)
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2010, 01:34 PM   #19
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfast
Matt how do these compare to the Ferrodo DS2500s? Less dust I hope? My goal is better than stock pads but not as dust as the Ferrodo's

Is a rotor machine always recommended when fitting a new set of pads?

Have been hearing about QFM pads also - whats your recommendation on their range?

Thanks always for your help.
EBC Redstuff is less dusty than the DS2500 pads from what i understand but not as good quality for say track use.The std DB1473 pads for the twin pot ford caliper is not available in the DS2500 pad shape.
The QFM HPX pads for this application for instance has been going really well for us and we have been selling plenty of them.

Quote:
bingoTE50 Hello Matt ,

I bought some replacement pads for my GT at about 15000 k's and they are still going although I am starting to get a bit of vibration .( needs a machine) Now at 86000 k,s on the original brembos discs . My question is , when I am ready to buy new rotors more than likely aftermarkets , will the brembo pads i have which are barely worn,have the same effect on a aftermarket rotor as they do on the brembo rotor ?
( ps , i do a lot of highway work hence the longevity of the brakes)
When you say the same effect do you mean they will cause the rotors to get a vibration ? This may or may not not be a problem caused by the brake pads as there are other reasons why a vibration has happened.The Brembo rotor in my opinion is soft and if you go to the DBA 4000 series rotors they are a harder rotor but if you use the same pads you will have to check them and make sure they are not unevenly worn so they can bed into the new rotors quickly.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 17-09-2010, 01:58 PM   #20
bingoTE50
Steve

Hey Matt,

I meant the wear rate with the Brembo Pad and Rotor . The vibration is just starting and the discs not have a bit of a lip,time for a machine. i wanted to use the brembo pads i have which are like new on a DBA type rotor and was just wondering will the brembo pad chew out a DBA in the same time it would a Brembo disc.
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2010, 03:31 PM   #21
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingoTE50
Hey Matt,

I meant the wear rate with the Brembo Pad and Rotor . The vibration is just starting and the discs not have a bit of a lip,time for a machine. i wanted to use the brembo pads i have which are like new on a DBA type rotor and was just wondering will the brembo pad chew out a DBA in the same time it would a Brembo disc.
If they are genuine Brembo brake pads they will to some degree but shouldn't be as bad from feedback we have received as most of our customers generally run aftermarket pads with a aftermarket rotor combination.

Phone 02 9609 1101