Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-05-2010, 08:31 PM   #1
Kryton

Default Another Ebay Rant............

This feedback system is a complete joke these days, especially for the sellers.
Over the last couple of weeks i have sold a few items that i have no use for and probably never will need again so i chucked them on ebay.
One item in particular was a central locking unit for a GQ patrol.
I bought this off another forum from a trusted member as my LHR door wasnt locking.
So, after recieving the item, i pulled my door trim only to find that my central locking is an after market one so what i had just bought was useless to me.

Never bothered trying to send it back or get a refund, forgot about it really till i did a clean up.
So, on ebay it goes, LHR GQ central locking mechanism was what i listed it as.
Had a Buy It Now of $40 but didnt sell the first time so i dropped it to $30 the second time.
Had an Offer (as i had Make an Offer as well) of $10 and in my dreariness from staying up all night for work, i accepted the offer.
I was actually trying to not accept it, but some how i did.
So, The money comes through and i leave feedback straight away - they have done their bit so i left Positive Feedback for them.
Sent the item off and havent heard a thing back
All good.

But it isnt.
Check my Feedback today, to see if any of th eother slow ones have left feedback yet, only to find I've gone down 1 point.
WTF?
Have a look and i got Negative feedback with the comment saying:
"Was for front doors not LHR".

No contact at all, no request for a refund - nothing at all.
Instant negative feedback because it was for the wrong door.
Accepting the low offer, sending the item and leaving feedback first counts for nothing.

I have requested the feedback be changed to at least a Neutral as i dont see this as fair.
I have also explained that when i bought the unit, i asked for a LHR, was told it was a LHR, so i had not reason to doubt it wasnt a LHR.
I dont even have the same system to compare it to.

So, all you buyers out there that feel it isnt fair that the seller doesnt leave feedback till you do first - this is why.
Ive always gone out of my way (when i sell) to leave feedback as soon as the item is paid for - that is their half of the transaction, that is what they are being judged on.
Not any more.

Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2010, 08:39 PM   #2
nipper575
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's a bit average, could of at least contacted you before leaving the negative feedback.
Old 20-05-2010, 08:42 PM   #3
Mz Revvv Head

That's harsh !
$10 was very cheap :|
I find postage is the biggest issue with ebay ?
most seller you can get along with, ty for the advice ...
I have heaps of items to sell, I will keep it all in mind ...
Mz Revvv Head is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2010, 08:45 PM   #4
Dodge
i like to be stroked

i gave up on ebay long time ago, bought a xb gt grill for 620 3 yrs ago it was photo and description as , as good as new, original gt grill bla bla bla , i bought it and had it sent to a mate in sydney as i am brisbane, i was planing a trip down in 7 weeks so i would bring it back with me., well when i saw it for real it was a bodged up copy that was painted in black and had chrome bits missing and 4 cracks in the main areas, contacted ebay nothing, contacted seller , was told to f off as i had taken it from him weeks ago so why complain now.... ebay sux for buyer protection
Old 20-05-2010, 08:49 PM   #5
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anyone leaving a negative feedback is encouraged to resolve the issue. (Im pretty sure that when you click on "Leave Negative Feedback" it prompts you to do so, at least it did a while ago).

I have had up to 8 people not leave me feedback despite the fact i left feedback for them (all positive).

It again boils down to people who dont abide by the rules...

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2010, 08:51 PM   #6
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge
i gave up on ebay long time ago, bought a xb gt grill for 620 3 yrs ago it was photo and description as , as good as new, original gt grill bla bla bla , i bought it and had it sent to a mate in sydney as i am brisbane, i was planing a trip down in 7 weeks so i would bring it back with me., well when i saw it for real it was a bodged up copy that was painted in black and had chrome bits missing and 4 cracks in the main areas, contacted ebay nothing, contacted seller , was told to f off as i had taken it from him weeks ago so why complain now.... ebay sux for buyer protection

You would be hard pressed to get anyone to give you a refund after 7 weeks I think...

Old 20-05-2010, 09:08 PM   #7
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Whenever I sell stuff on Ebay I never leave feedback until the buyer does. As a buyer I expect to give feedback before the seller.

Jim, I too have had many people not bother giving me feedback. Even when you contact them and they reply to your message they still don't give feedback.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2010, 10:34 AM   #8
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01
Whenever I sell stuff on Ebay I never leave feedback until the buyer does. As a buyer I expect to give feedback before the seller.

Jim, I too have had many people not bother giving me feedback. Even when you contact them and they reply to your message they still don't give feedback.

Yep after a while I learned to wait for other people!
Sometimes I would get a reminder from them too to leave feedback, which I didnt mind to be honest, as it at least showed they wanted their "reputation" to remain 100%

I have sent messages as well waiting for some, some replied, some obviously didn't. I have only once been ripped off on eBay and that for some XB door handles. The seller disappeared after I sent him the money (he had a few other minor items for sale as well, so its hardly the crime of the centuary, but still I did want me handles! lol)

eBay sent me an generated email saying DO NOT PAY this guy money... 2 weeks after i told them i sent the money and he hasnt replied. DUH, well done eBay!

A few days after that his user ID was deleted.

Old 21-05-2010, 10:41 AM   #9
my67xr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This contribution: 04 SX TX AWD, drama's replacing upper outer joints w/Nolathane replacements 

return feedback has been getting worse over the last 6 months or more, im owed over 100, oh well.

get onto ebay resolution centre they may help u out.
with the bad feedback u received u can post a comment next to it too, tell them u sold the item as per what u were told it was. buyer didnt notice in the pics that it was different to what he wanted. buyer didnt contact u to resolve the issue etc etc. it shows up on your feedback when someone checks it out

click below to view my build threads
67 XR Fairmont
04 SX TX Territory AWD

my67xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2010, 10:46 AM   #10
my67xr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This contribution: 04 SX TX AWD, drama's replacing upper outer joints w/Nolathane replacements 

also if u are buying from ebay, use paypal, safest way of not getting ripped off
report them and paypal will put a hold on their paypal account and related bank accounts , they cant touch any of their money until it's all sorted.

click below to view my build threads
67 XR Fairmont
04 SX TX Territory AWD

my67xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2010, 12:15 PM   #11
Kryton

Have been in contact with the buyer, as i mentioned in the first post and she has responded with:

"Thanks for the explanation. I can't see how to retract only add additional comment. Am happy to do so. I fitted the unit and all looked right but when i locked it for the first time it broke due to the fact that rear doors actually turn a different way - bugger."

Seems she has probably hooked it up the wrong way and killed it, so that would be my fault i guess.
AFAIK, these units will fit any door but you cant plead with the stupid can you.
So, I sent the Retraction Form which she has completed and i ended up with a Neutral Feedback.
That will have to do, at least it isnt negative i guess.

I have always offered Paypal too, and i think Paypal is the most dangerous way of accepting money if you are a seller.
The system is set up so the buyer has control and IMO that is wrong.
For example:
As a seller, i sell an item, i accept the payment through Paypal and send the item.
The buyer receives the item but there is nothing at all stopping him for lodging a "Did Not Receive" and demanding a refund through Paypal.
Paypal AUTOMATICALLY takes the buyers side, deducts my account of the money and gives it back to the buyer.
The buyer now has his item and MY money.
There is nothing at all to stop anyone doing this.
Old 21-05-2010, 12:24 PM   #12
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
Have been in contact with the buyer, as i mentioned in the first post and she has responded with:

"Thanks for the explanation. I can't see how to retract only add additional comment. Am happy to do so. I fitted the unit and all looked right but when i locked it for the first time it broke due to the fact that rear doors actually turn a different way - bugger."

Seems she has probably hooked it up the wrong way and killed it, so that would be my fault i guess.
AFAIK, these units will fit any door but you cant plead with the stupid can you.
So, I sent the Retraction Form which she has completed and i ended up with a Neutral Feedback.
That will have to do, at least it isnt negative i guess.

I have always offered Paypal too, and i think Paypal is the most dangerous way of accepting money if you are a seller.
The system is set up so the buyer has control and IMO that is wrong.
For example:
As a seller, i sell an item, i accept the payment through Paypal and send the item.
The buyer receives the item but there is nothing at all stopping him for lodging a "Did Not Receive" and demanding a refund through Paypal.
Paypal AUTOMATICALLY takes the buyers side, deducts my account of the money and gives it back to the buyer.
The buyer now has his item and MY money.
There is nothing at all to stop anyone doing this.

send ALL items thru registered post with a signature required on pick up!

that way you (or australia post) now has proof that the item was received.

thats what i do.
Old 21-05-2010, 12:25 PM   #13
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by my67xr
also if u are buying from ebay, use paypal, safest way of not getting ripped off
report them and paypal will put a hold on their paypal account and related bank accounts , they cant touch any of their money until it's all sorted.
NEVER EVER ACCEPT PAYPAL FOR PAYMENT OF A VEHICLE.

I'm sure paypal works for small transactions, but never ever accept it for payment if you are selling a vehicle.

Buyer can retract payment up to 30 days after transaction takes place... and by that time you've sent them the car - or they have collected it.

Then they get the car and their cash... not good...
Old 21-05-2010, 01:14 PM   #14
cheek
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've had the same thing mate, sold a EA heater/air con module for $0.99c and got negative because the guy couldn't get it to fit his car..

Also when I was selling missile switches I was selling them for $3 each, somehow the bloke thought is was $3 for 5 and (prev. listed 5 for $15) then left me neg. feedback..

The best thing you can do is leave a reply to the feedback and leave "positive" feedback with negative wording...
cheek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2010, 01:22 PM   #15
Kryton

Some may not be aware about Paypal's anti terrorism and money laundering scheme they have now either.
If your not you better check it out.
If you request to withdraw over a certain amount (might be just $1000) from your Paypal account, you will find that you cant.
You need to contact a number (which apparently is ASIO) and prove with photographic evidence that you are you.

There is a thing on either Ebay or Paypal about it if anyone is interested.
Old 22-05-2010, 02:18 PM   #16
FG XR
Custom FG XR6!

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always keen to get on board and help others along the way 

i never leave feedback straight away (as a seller) until the other person has had time to receive the item, leave feedback themselves for me or incase they have a problem they dont go running for the negative button.
Old 22-05-2010, 02:22 PM   #17
FG XR
Custom FG XR6!

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always keen to get on board and help others along the way 

apparently from july 1 2010 you no longer HAVE to use paypal as a means of a buyer paying for your item, you can only offer bank account if you must to avoid the above.