Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 11-07-2009, 09:03 AM   #1
Damozxr6
FORD4LIFE

Default au tonneau

hey all does a new fg tonneau fit on an au?
just wondering size wise. found an awesome fpv one for my au.
and since im a motor trimmer i think i can doctor it up to fit my ute.
i know the fg tonneau have no elastic staps but if if the same size i figure i can put the clips on.

cheers Damo

Old 11-07-2009, 11:31 AM   #2
b2tf
not here much anymore

As you've pointed out the setup of how the tonneau attaches to the tub of the FG is a bit different to the AU, IMHO it looks a lot better but it can be a real bugger of a thing to put on if you take it right off the car. I miss my AU one in that respect - just line it up and away you go, with the FG you almost have to wait for the moon to be in the right stage to fit the bloody thing!

I dont know how you would modify an AU to make it work like an FG setup as the FG one is actually built into the tub, it would require modification to the metalwork to fit the rails where it clips into.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
Damozxr6
FORD4LIFE

was planning on modifying the tonneau cover not the tub. just wondering if the tonneau covers were the same size? just love the fpv tonneau design. it would look awesome on my ute!