Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-08-2005, 10:14 PM   #1
RegSpec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs down Famous people you have had run-ins with.

Previous thread reminded me of a couple of altercations I had with so called primadonnas while working on security at the Sydney Entertainment Centre back in the late 80s-early 90s.
One night during a Joe er concert an usher asks if I can help her with a few guys she had seen drinking beer out of schooner glasses down towards the front of the stage. She had asked them to bring the glasses outside and was just told to F@#$ off.
So we make our way out into the middle of the row and hears these 3 dudes chugging away glasses in hand.
So I yell out to the guy in the middle, “Sorry mate, but you’ll have to bring the glasses outside cause you can’t drink in here ok
Response- **** off, Im watching the show.
Me- Sorry pal but the sign above the door said “NO ALCOHOL and especially NO GLASS!! You’ll have to bring them outside .
Him-But wer’e foreigner(s) now f@#% off and leave us alone!!!
Me- Mate , I don’t give a stuff where you come from. Now we can do this the easy way or would you prefer I got some more security guys and we can “assist” you. Whats it going to be?
He rolls his eyes and swears at me some more, but at least I got them out the door.
As I take them out the girl on the door says to me “ Wow, do you know who that is ?
No, who? Oh, that’s Lou Grant from Foreigner.
Im thinking this may not have been a good career move, but what the hell, thems the rules and its not fair on the rest of the crowd if these guys can sit and drink **** and everyone else can’t.
They spewed!!! Called their management, called our management, jumped up and down and generally carried on like spoilt little brats then went backstage and stayed there.
My boss called me aside after the show and said
Did you take some guys out for bringing glass in tonight?
Yes.
Did you know who they were?
Well, I do now.
It doesn’t matter who they were, you did the RIGHT THING, see you tomorrow. :hihi:

Last edited by RegSpec; 11-08-2005 at 10:34 PM.
RegSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 11:40 PM   #2
MickyB
Get in the ring!!!

I was at a pub in Mornington one night when Peter Everitt from Hawthorn went crazy, it was a pretty good fight, and while I wasn't involved it was crazy to watch. As for pleasant celebrities, I have chatted with Damien Fleming about cricket, and my little brother served Hugh Jackman when he used to work at Safeway in Mt Eliza. He said Jackman was really nice and polite, which is kind of how I would have expected him to be.
Good on you for enforcing the rules too.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:21 AM   #3
Danny
GT4.

I met Peter Brock last week (theres a thread on it) and tonight, The Warrandyte Hotel had the pleasure of having the Cloke family (Cameron and Travis, the Collingwood players were there) in for dinner.

I'm loving my work, I meet so many famous faces it aint funny!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2005, 12:26 AM   #4
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Great story redebxr8
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2005, 08:16 AM   #5
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Well, last year at Indy (although it's sorta expected, really), I ran into Wendell Sailor and Elton Flatley (QLD Reds players) down near the CAPA display. Asked how they were gonna do this year, basically said they're ready to go, and didn't they screw up royally...
Old 12-08-2005, 09:34 AM   #6
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

Ian Thorpe and Daniel McPherson didn't think highly of my enquiring as to how their relationship was going and what they thought of the gay marriage situation.

Feel like a bit of a s**t about it now but at the time it got a laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUII_SE_Ute
Well, last year at Indy (although it's sorta expected, really), I ran into Wendell Sailor and Elton Flatley (QLD Reds players) down near the CAPA display. Asked how they were gonna do this year, basically said they're ready to go, and didn't they screw up royally...
Maybe you miss-heard them. I'm pretty sure they said "Ready to go to another team."
Just sometimes, in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that four hundredth glass of cornershop p**s at 3am, you do sometimes look at yourself and think... this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.

Last edited by Sagerian; 12-08-2005 at 09:43 AM.
Sagerian is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2005, 09:51 AM   #7
5LMonty
FORD = First On Race Day

At Indy last year in the line up for the dunny, i noticed Justin Hodges. When i told my mate, he decided it would be a good idea to yell out "Go the BULLDOGS!" Hodges thought it was me so he walked up and stood in my face and told me to let it go.

Bloody sore loser hahaha..
5LMonty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post