Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 18-06-2009, 01:11 PM   #1
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

Default Big HELLO to Simmons and ROH

I cannot contain my rage anymore and I don't care if I am making fool out of myself but I just want to send a BIG HELLO :jab: :jab: :thebirds: :thebirds: out: out: out: to Simmons and ROH wheels and another who I will not name.

Thanks a bunch for making it so EASY to find a set of 17" wheels for my E-Series that don't cost less than $700 each and that I do not have to wait 2 years from time of order for, OR that I cannot get in any size smaller than 19" OR that don't look rubbish or that they belong on a 4WD OR that come in any colour except silver...the most common wheel colour besides chrome...OR to the other supplier whose website advertises wheels they cannot supply "we have 3 of those...but we are waiting for more"..."are you waiting for more to be made?"...."No, just waiting for more"...Wha...?

I am getting too old for blinged up 22" on an E-Series. And I can't afford the tyres. I mean, it's an E-Series FALCON...and they are pretty rare right? Not too many floating around these days...right? So it's understandable that people don't make +6 offset wheels for them at all...right? I mean...smaller than 19" right? Not everyone needs 24" chrome thief magnets.

I would like to say that the last 3 months I have been looking for a reasonably priced 17" wheel and tyre combo to put on my E-Series have not been a fun effort...or that I would like to say I would now strongly discourage EVERYONE I know from buy from particular "manufacturer's" or "suppliers", but I cannot do that as it may just be wrong...right?

Maybe it's a plot by Fraud to make me buy a B or F series so I can put a set of wheels THAT I LIKE on to it...

But I have to say a genuine thanks to a certain tyre chain store manager who put in a pretty good effort in putting up with my whingeing and constant emails.

:

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(for sale now...PM me...)
Old 18-06-2009, 01:19 PM   #2
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

whoa clearly you are having a crap time of it, I know its a stop gap solution but you could do what I did find some factory rims to suit in the wreckers

Good luck

Holden special vehicles - for special people
Old 18-06-2009, 01:33 PM   #3
Magna
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i reckon stick with 16" FTR's/concordes or go 18's i got a set of bolts in black (40th anniversary GT) from wheelmags :

i paid 699 for the set.
Old 18-06-2009, 01:33 PM   #4
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Plenty wheels out there for e-series which are 17"

If your looking at Simmons you after lip

Are you using the internet and using key works "PRE+AU"

STAX of Ford Copy wheels out there - KOYO sell Pre+AU

what exactly are yoy looking for?

Do speedy graphite come in 17's as they come in 18's for e-series

PDW Wheels
BLACK CENTER / MIRROR LIP
17x8
5x114.3
6P
FALCON PRE-AU

BLACK / DIACUT FACE / MIRROR LIP
17x8
5x114.3
6P
FALCON PRE-AU

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 18-06-2009, 01:41 PM   #5
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Someone seems to have slipped and got a stick wedged real good!
Old 18-06-2009, 01:43 PM   #6
Wally
XP Coupe

You haven't tried to get wheels for an XP coupe with a mustang diff/axles have you? That's real frustrating stuff.
Old 18-06-2009, 01:43 PM   #7
LTDHO
The one and only

Have you tried ANZ wheels?
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 18-06-2009, 01:57 PM   #8
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

why worry? 3 piece wheels are too soft for our crap roads anyway. the ROH modenas on my GT are gone because not one of them (i have 6, if anyone is interested) didn't have a ding in them. the tyre dude was struggling just to balance them.
Old 18-06-2009, 02:03 PM   #9
Allen
You win again, gravity!!!

I've never had a problem finding 17" wheels for the E-series...

Do they need to be brand new? There are plenty of good condition 17" wheel sets for sale to suit the e-series, and they are pretty cheap.

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Old 18-06-2009, 02:09 PM   #10
Oxa384
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wow and i thought i had dramas.......
Old 18-06-2009, 02:10 PM   #11
The Monty
Just slidin'

I might send a big HELLO to Ford as well. They didnt make the G6et with 900kw, 10L/100km and only $5000.
I dont think you should be complaining because they dont have a wheel that suits you. If you really cant find a set through these guys, get a set custom made, simple.
Old 18-06-2009, 02:25 PM   #12
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

SPEEDY MALIBU

CSA REACTOR

CSA GLADIATOR

CSA EDGE

CSA AVENGER

ENIX OMEGA (also available in full chrome)

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 18-06-2009, 03:04 PM   #13
platinumXR

Gladiators: NLA
Malibu: on an E...are you serious?
Fuzion: ...um...no
CSA Edge: it's not a 4WD
Reactor: Not a 4WD
Graphite: yikes
Koya XR: NLA
Cheetah: NA
Enix Omega: no
OZ: None
Enkei: None
BBS: None

I want wheels that look good on the car...not what I have to settle for just because that's all that's available...and as I said in the post: not Fuzion style bling crap that look ordinary and that I can't park the car anywhere for more than 5 minutes and have them gone by 6...

Nevermind as I found the last ROH ZS in 16x8 and silver that is not cracked left on the planet...hoorah for the finder...

Toys:
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(for sale now...PM me...)
Old 18-06-2009, 03:08 PM   #14
platinumXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
I might send a big HELLO to Ford as well. They didnt make the G6et with 900kw, 10L/100km and only $5000.
I dont think you should be complaining because they dont have a wheel that suits you. If you really cant find a set through these guys, get a set custom made, simple.
You've obviously not tried to get a decent looking custom wheel lately, and read the post again...I don't want to pay a lot...jeez...I tried Simmons and they only make FR19...lend me some money for the tyres? I wanted to get some 17" ALTA or OM...As for ROH...WELL...I did not want to wait for 6 months to 2 years...my wheel is cracked now (right through the spoke and can't be repaired).

Like I said: I called / emailed everyone I could Google / find on this site and even though they list them on their websites- they are NLA or just NA.

I wanted to express my frustration at these websites that only update every 3 to 10 years or so and give people the wrong ideas and information.

Toys:
2008 BF2 RTV Ute

Last edited by platinumXR; 18-06-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Old 18-06-2009, 03:11 PM   #15
5L
[ 5L ]

i have to say you seem really fussy, i brought these csa edge's second hand from a member on here a few years back for $700 with good tyres i didnt like the shape much but they grew on me. (ive never seen them on a 4wd aswell)

half those wheels look good without going bling.

then there are the aftermarket fpv copies they have, most of them suit e series. and are available in 17's 18's and 19's with tyre package that wont break the bank.

maybe describe the style of rim you are after?
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
Old 18-06-2009, 03:20 PM   #16
platinumXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUXR8220

then there are the aftermarket fpv copies they have, most of them suit e series. and are available in 17's 18's and 19's with tyre package that wont break the bank.

They are the ones that only have 3 of the ones I wanted. And I am real particular about what tyre I put on as I am a tad adverse to aquaplaning.

Why shouldn't I be a fussy princess?? It's my car not yours...If I wanted wheels like that there would be no complaint, would there?

Toys:
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
Old 18-06-2009, 03:27 PM   #17
Bud Bud
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUXR8220
i have to say you seem really fussy, i brought these csa edge's second hand from a member on here a few years back for $700 with good tyres i didnt like the shape much but they grew on me. (ive never seen them on a 4wd aswell)

half those wheels look good without going bling.

They seriously look great and suit you car well! Being at North Haven, they wouldn’t be a mix of G8’s and Lumina’s destined for the Middle East and the States in the back round would they?
Old 18-06-2009, 03:30 PM   #18
EFFalcon
Last warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumXR
I want wheels that look good on the car...not what I have to settle for just because that's all that's available...and as I said in the post: not Fuzion style bling crap that look ordinary and that I can't park the car anywhere for more than 5 minutes and have them gone by 6...

Nevermind as I found the last ROH ZS in 16x8 and silver that is not cracked left on the planet...hoorah for the finder...
sounds like you're just too fussy :P
*most* people don't seem to have too many issues finding wheels they like.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
Old 18-06-2009, 03:33 PM   #19
5L
[ 5L ]

photo was taken about 3 years ago, my car is long gone now. on that side they were all the caprice's going overseas.

haha i understand platinumxr- but there has always been a limited supply of e series wheels. did simmons and roh give you an answer why they werent making wheels?

2nd hand could see you with a style you like, not much for sale on here, you might find more luck on boosted falcon forum, they mainly have eseries.
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
Old 18-06-2009, 03:35 PM   #20
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wanna be cheap without the threat of theives tryin to nick them constantly? Get some interceptors with the chrome lip (16"), get them widened to say 8/8.5" wide and keep the car Loww. It really does look mean and is pretty cheap. and you dont have to worry too much about scratching them
Old 18-06-2009, 03:52 PM   #21
BOTTLEDUP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Simmons Wheels have stopped production, so scratch them off your list.
Old 18-06-2009, 04:02 PM   #22
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOTTLEDUP
Simmons Wheels have stopped production, so scratch them off your list.

Really??? Since when?
Old 18-06-2009, 04:24 PM   #23
BOTTLEDUP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Last week I believe, the owner has retired, all orders are either being completed or cancelled and refunded. I just called the check for myself (as opposed the industry rumours) and they confirmed that production has stopped.

In the future Retrowheels in Sydney might take up the production, but for now Simmons Wheels are no more. :(
Old 18-06-2009, 04:29 PM   #24
GTENVY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate to be honest I'm right with you. I really wanted another set of FR17's for the sprint (my previous sprint also had them) and as you have said you can't get them any more!! The other wheel I would get would be EB GT but try getting them these days, a guy had a set of four on ebay acouple of weeks ago for $4000. WTF :togo:

Live, Love, RACE

SOLD: AU III XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
cars are to be driven, ornaments are to be looked at. the two should never be confused.
Old 18-06-2009, 04:30 PM   #25
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

That'll drive up the price of second hand Simmons then
Old 18-06-2009, 04:35 PM   #26
XYGTHO
FORD FREAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOTTLEDUP
Last week I believe, the owner has retired, all orders are either being completed or cancelled and refunded. I just called the check for myself (as opposed the industry rumours) and they confirmed that production has stopped.

In the future Retrowheels in Sydney might take up the production, but for now Simmons Wheels are no more. :(
Dam, that sucks.
Old 18-06-2009, 04:39 PM   #27
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumXR
Why shouldn't I be a fussy princess?? It's my car not yours...If I wanted wheels like that there would be no complaint, would there?
Seems to me the main requirement is expensive looking wheels for under $700....I assume that is for a set of four.

There are a few of those wheels pictured above that I don't mind, actually, and think it was pretty good of the poster to go to the trouble when he could of just walked away from his PC and written you off.

I went through 12 sets, or more, in the catalogue at the wheel place before I decided on what I bought, and I think that took about 30 minutes.

One other thing, if a place had 3 of the ones you want, couldn't you have paid for them and ordered the fourth? You said you've spent 3 months on this, so that time could have been spent waiting on 1 wheel, not trying to find 4 of them.
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Old 18-06-2009, 05:39 PM   #28
RonH

Try to buy Black Steel in 15" X 7" or 8" for an old 68 Galaxie.
Can't find anyone in Qld who makes them.
Old 18-06-2009, 05:40 PM   #29
RonH

Would love a set of 15 x 8 ROH Wildfires. Anyone got a set in the shed
Old 18-06-2009, 05:50 PM   #30
b2tf
not here much anymore

I understand your frustration however threads like this won't solve the issue. I'd suggest trying site sponsors Wheelking who seem to have quite a range available.