Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 08-12-2008, 11:08 PM   #1
GTP 200
Traction Control Films

Default Pink Brembos

Any ideas how I can bring back my brembos to NEW? They are pink and peeling badly.

I was going to repaint them, but I;d loose the brembo brand logo.

Thanks
Cam

GTP 200 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2008, 12:13 AM   #2
XR Lita
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Get them repainted, and get a decent signwriter (or airbrusher) to do the BREMBO logo on there for you again

: T1 TE50 #094 :
XR Lita is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2008, 10:37 AM   #3
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

We have had customers get stickers made for there calipers and put a clear coat over them.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2008, 10:42 AM   #4
Scott

Have you cut & polished them?
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2008, 03:41 PM   #5
GTP 200
Traction Control Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP006
Have you cut & polished them?
No not tried that yet, does that improve them? They look like they are peeling too.
Old 15-12-2008, 03:41 PM   #6
GTP 200
Traction Control Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLOORED
We have had customers get stickers made for there calipers and put a clear coat over them.
Thanks

Know anyone who does the full service?

Cam
Old 15-12-2008, 06:38 PM   #7
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP 200
No not tried that yet, does that improve them? They look like they are peeling too.
No idea, worth a try before spending lots of moulah on them though.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2008, 07:46 PM   #8
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Pull them off and powder coat them?
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2009, 09:43 PM   #9
RegSpec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How do you protect the bores and internal passages during the powdercoating process?
New ride....07' RSpec manual Typhoon in Winter White....factory sunroof, Premium sound, Process West intercooler, upsized tubing, valve springs, 1000cc injectors, Delphi intank pump,*modified turbo, 4" dump, 5" cat, dual 2 1/2" Xforce exhaust, Mal Wood Opt 5 clutch, Herrod shifter, Ozrace coilovers with adj. Whiteline bars, 6 spot Brembos,
Edit by Crescent Motorsport.....382rwkws @ 1150nms on E85....
RegSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2009, 10:07 PM   #10
GTPete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Stickers are available from firststripe he does all sorts of automotive stripes and stickers. He has an ebay store,.

The pink is usually a result of brake fluid residue not washed off after a bleed.

If anyone can come up with a paint code for these calipers it would be a great help.
GTPete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2009, 12:03 AM   #11
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've trawled the 'net and found nothing for the paint code. I'm really amazed no-one sells touch up paint for these, who hasn't got a couple of chips on their Brembros they'd like to touch up? The trick I guess is finding something that matches and is also up to the heat that is produced. The hunt continues...
mattp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2009, 07:38 AM   #12
GTPete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just had the calipers repainted. The clear coat was peeling off, exposing the pink paint colour. When the calipers were off the car the painter removed most of the remaining clear coat using compressed air to blow it off.
It was explained to me that the calipers get stone chiped and then driving in rain causes the clear coat to start peeling off eventually spreading over most of the caliper. You could see how easy the clear coat came off with air pressure.
In the end all it took was a light sand and a coat of clear and the calipers are now the same colour as new. Didnt have to match the paint.

I had brembo stickers made up but didnt need to replace them. If anyone needs stickers PM me. Ive got a few sets for the front calipers only.
GTPete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2009, 12:58 AM   #13
Craney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicXR6T
How do you protect the bores and internal passages during the powdercoating process?
I'm no expert but I reckon they could just mask them up with a decent heat resistant product before they put the powder on. And the heat of a powder coat oven is probably nowhere near the temp of the brakes after a bit of fun through your favourite set of twisties.

What I want to know is why the primo Brembo calipers are faded and peeling in the first place? Its not like they're cheap aftermarket knock offs.

Last edited by Craney; 14-04-2009 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Thought better about rude comments about italians :)
Craney is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2009, 05:25 PM   #14
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattp
I've trawled the 'net and found nothing for the paint code. I'm really amazed no-one sells touch up paint for these, who hasn't got a couple of chips on their Brembros they'd like to touch up? The trick I guess is finding something that matches and is also up to the heat that is produced. The hunt continues...
Too right.

I've got a couple of chips that need touching up as well.

I've just sent an email direct to BREMBO HQ asking for some BREMBO RED TOUCH UP PAINT...........LOL

http://www.brembo.com/Brembo/Templat...=NoModifyGuest

We'll see what happens.
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2009, 05:32 PM   #15
ovl351
Boost Happy

Would this issue be covered by waranty? One of my calipers is starting to do this and I still have 6 months left of factory warranty.
ovl351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2009, 08:14 PM   #16
Craney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovl351
Would this issue be covered by waranty? One of my calipers is starting to do this and I still have 6 months left of factory warranty.
Make it covered by warranty! They're Brembos for crying out loud! I've had black painted PBR two pot calipers on my UPC 330mm drilled rotors for a year and they are just as shiney as the day I got them. Just remember,
"The squeaky wheel gets the grease"
so to speak
Seriously though, you have the best damn brakes in the world and they are red for a reason. Go get em!
Craney is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2009, 10:48 PM   #17
F6T
Has V8 envy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovl351
guys, this same thing happened to my drivers side front 4 potter. phoon was still under warranty. took it to my dealer - they took a photo and sent it to FPV and the next day i got a call to book the car in for a no questions asked replacement caliper.

they are brembos for crying out loud. it shouldn't happen. i didn't even have to make much of a fuss about it. i didn't buy the car off the dealer I went to and i was the second owner of the vehicle.

GTX35/82r + 82lb injectors
Nizpro 4" exhaust
Plazmaman 1000hp IC/piping/BOV/plenum
Process West surge tank
Crow springs
TEIN super streets
6/4 brembos

TUNED BY BLUEPOWER RACING
F6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post