Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 04-02-2009, 06:32 PM   #1
DWag

Unhappy Central locking door fuse keeps blowing - CAN'T LOCK DOORS!

Hi everyone,

My wife's, AU2 falcon wagon had the central locking fuse blow on sunday. i couldn't open the boot from the remote or the button inside the cabin. I also could not lock the doors, it would flash the indicators and then to the beep sound that the car makes when a door is adjar. I could only lock the drivers door by itself with the key to make the car "look" locked.

sunday afternoon i replaced the fuse with another 30A fuse and that seemed to fix the problem. Until monday, the fuse blew again. I replaced it again with a 15A (all i had) and it blew straight away.

I still have no central locking or boot release, and can't lock my doors!

Is this common, and does anyone know what it could be that is blowing the fuse? Any help would be great guys.

DWag is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2009, 09:16 PM   #2
GeoNazi
Banned

Mate I am having the EXACT same problem. Did you find a fix? Mine started this on tuesday, I have done nothing to the car haven't installed or played with anything to warrent a short to appear.
GeoNazi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2009, 02:58 PM   #3
GeoNazi
Banned

:
Old 09-06-2009, 09:46 AM   #4
GeoNazi
Banned

:
Old 09-06-2009, 02:34 PM   #5
AndrewR_AUII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My first guess would be a motor or wiring short.
Possibly try disconnecting the motors and having a really close look at the wiring - particularly where it goes from the body to the doors....

The other things that would be handy here is a 15A circuit breaker on a couple of clip leads.... going to save you a LOT of fuses...
AndrewR_AUII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2009, 04:02 PM   #6
GeoNazi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR_AUII
My first guess would be a motor or wiring short.
Possibly try disconnecting the motors and having a really close look at the wiring - particularly where it goes from the body to the doors....

The other things that would be handy here is a 15A circuit breaker on a couple of clip leads.... going to save you a LOT of fuses...
Today I unplugged the door loom on the passengers side (all looms bar the drivers were unplugged) and fuse blew. And as I did this proir with the drivers door thus all door looms have been unplugged.

I rang a local sparky and he found it wierd, and said to look at it will cost me 50 to 100 dollars hmmm.