Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 24-01-2009, 06:26 PM   #1
mad-ef
formerly mad_one3000

Default what is this worth to sell

i am contemplating selling my ef Fairmont & would like to know what people think i could sell it for specs are as follow

1994 ef Fairmont 4.0l manual done 203000ks serviced regularly
jim mock dev 5 head & cam & vernier gear
pacemaker extractors 2.5in mandrel bend exhaust
modified intake with k&n panel filter
t5 manual with new excedy clutch fitted 3 months ago & billet short shifter
duel fuel fitted 2 years ago
unichip fitted currently putting out 148rwkw on petrol with unichip in need of tune but getting retune soon so power figure should be more
tickford suspension front & rear & xr8 16in wheels with yokahama c drive on front 70% tread & dunlop sport 3000 on rear 60% tread

interior:
eurovox 6.5in dvd,tv, am fm head unit
clarion 4 channel amp
clarion 6in splits in front & rear doors
2x clarion 6in sub woofers in parcel shelf

rego until end of October & selling with rwc
just recently had aircon overhaul including new condenser air dryer compressor & regas with receipts

1994 ef fairmont 6cyl t5 manual & billet short shifter with jimmock dev5 including race series head,cam & vernier gear, mandrel bend high flow exhaust, pacemaker extractors, k&n air filter & bigger intake, unichip,16in xr8 rims, sports suspension & tinted windows, duel fuel & 6.5 dvd,tv clarion amp with front & rear 6in splits in doors & 2 6in subs in parcel shelf 148rwkw @ dynomotive dyno day
mad-ef is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2009, 06:57 PM   #2
Justin@
Banned

just remember mate its only worth what someone is willing to pay, if you are looking to get your money back on it then take it back to standard and sell the mods seperate but as it sits i'd pay 3 to 3.5k
Justin@ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2009, 08:00 PM   #3
95falcon
B E-S

You could always put 4-4.5 on it, but its not a series 2 which is a bummer.
Old 27-01-2009, 01:38 AM   #4
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd pay $3500-$4000.

Well me personally, would pay $2000 since it has a JMM head
Old 27-01-2009, 10:24 PM   #5
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Ahhhhhhhhhh I forgot what it looked like with Altezza's...............noice

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2009, 05:14 PM   #6
finnyman
smoke rubber, not crack

man regardless of everyone keep posting cheap prices of what they think its worth, it depends whos buying it, to the dumb average joe buying a car with rego out of the tradingpost with no picture to drive then yeh around 3.5k, I look at your car because im into cars...read your mods and i would happily pay 6k as i understand how much those mods cost, and for me who would plan on doing those things anyway 6k is still saving me money to get that car with those mods... dont give her away for a stupid price
ive got an EL fairmont with similar mods and i happily payed $5700 and love my car
cheers
finnyman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2009, 08:24 AM   #7
webby_191189
low wagooon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLaViTaR
I'd pay $3500-$4000.

Well me personally, would pay $2000 since it has a JMM head
$2000 because of a JMM head? Are you some kind of idiot?

Id say $4000 is pretty reasonable. Are you looking to sell soon?

webby_191189 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2009, 12:28 AM   #8
mad-ef
formerly mad_one3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by webby_191189

well its good to see that some people have a reasonable response to my query. referring to last two posts currently looking to sell in a few months once i have fixed a couple of roadworthy items just got roadworthy done on monday & all that is needed is to get cruise control working, new rotors on rear & pads, rear gearbox seal & wiper blades so not a great deal wrong with car
1994 ef fairmont 6cyl t5 manual & billet short shifter with jimmock dev5 including race series head,cam & vernier gear, mandrel bend high flow exhaust, pacemaker extractors, k&n air filter & bigger intake, unichip,16in xr8 rims, sports suspension & tinted windows, duel fuel & 6.5 dvd,tv clarion amp with front & rear 6in splits in doors & 2 6in subs in parcel shelf 148rwkw @ dynomotive dyno day
Old 05-02-2009, 09:39 PM   #9
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-ef
well its good to see that some people have a reasonable response to my query. referring to last two posts currently looking to sell in a few months once i have fixed a couple of roadworthy items just got roadworthy done on monday & all that is needed is to get cruise control working, new rotors on rear & pads, rear gearbox seal & wiper blades so not a great deal wrong with car
They're talking crap if they told you that the cruise is a RW item.
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2009, 12:29 AM   #10
V8 Ghia Mike
Blue blooded Ford guy!

I'd also suggest taking her back to standard when selling. You'd probably get more for a clean stocker than a modded car with painted engine bay parts.

Maybe $4000 for a clean stocker and you'll probably make an extra couple selling the mod parts separately. Win-win.

Mike

94 EF Fairmont Ghia 5.0- XR8 in a tuxedo...
Bordeaux purple, Tickford kit, 2.5+ inch drop, EL Ghia chrome, leather, Pioneer sound, C&C, electric everything, 18" BA XR8's, ABS, LSD, GT40P's, Crane cam, ChipTorque ECU, XR8 snorkel, lots of woodgrain, chrome and interior lights.
V8 Ghia Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2009, 03:44 AM   #11
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I'm not fond of JMM parts, and the guy who makes them.

Get over it.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:59 PM   #12
Justin@
Banned

Quote:

Mate you may think its worth more that what is is and try selling it for 4k + but the sad fact is you will not get it. Mate for 4.5k you can get au falcons and e series fairlaines and xr's.... dont let yourself be deluded by people blowing up the price........
Old 07-02-2009, 04:19 PM   #13
webby_191189
low wagooon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLaViTaR
I'm not fond of JMM parts, and the guy who makes them.

Get over it.
Thats still no reason to de value a car just because you dont like the guy or parts. When you actually put something of JMM's on your car then you can whinge if its not what you expected but ya cant just judge it if you have never had it.

webby_191189 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2009, 05:06 PM   #14
mad-ef
formerly mad_one3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by private9
They're talking crap if they told you that the cruise is a RW item.
its not that its a roadworthy item just that its got cruise so I will get it working before selling & as far as price goes 4-5k is resonable i think regardless of what all you people are saying for something that is better than a standard ef as seen on various car selling sites some people are asking crazy prices like 10k for something that has less appeal than my car...
Old 07-02-2009, 05:38 PM   #15
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thats still no reason to de value a car just because you dont like the guy or parts. When you actually put something of JMM's on your car then you can whinge if its not what you expected but ya cant just judge it if you have never had it.
I've heard of too many problems from him, that head is like a ticking time bomb, and the guy I've heard is plain dodgy and doesn't honour his policy's.

To me that is a reason to devalue a car, probably not that much. I mentioned 2k as an exaggeration. Really I'd just look elseware or get an EL XR.

And correct. People need to get over their E series and come to the real world.

They're not worth pittens anymore I'd be luky to get 2k for my ED with RWC and rego and that'd be extremely lucky.

I've been trying to find my mate an E series for a week now and there's so many that are overpriced I haven't even been able to give him a decent example. The dreamers need to wake up.

They also don't sell they sit up there for weeks, with the buyer still in his coma.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:40 PM   #16
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
its not that its a roadworthy item just that its got cruise so I will get it working before selling & as far as price goes 4-5k is resonable i think regardless of what all you people are saying for something that is better than a standard ef as seen on various car selling sites some people are asking crazy prices like 10k for something that has less appeal than my car...
5k is not reasonable.

I've seen BA fairmonts with just over 100 000k's for 8k and XT's for 6. How can you justify buying a car that's 10 years older for a difference of a $1000.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:23 PM   #17
barney42
Fairlane NL

Smile

Mate. If you've seen BA Fairmont's for 8k,please tell me where.I trust you are referring to EC cars and not buckets.MadEF can only see what the market dictates and go from there.Also,are you're "prices" trade or retail.All the above re prices for E Series does not necessary mean you can buy an NF/NL Failane that cheap in EC.
barney42 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2009, 08:28 PM   #18
Justin@
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney42
Mate. If you've seen BA Fairmont's for 8k,please tell me where.I trust you are referring to EC cars and not buckets.MadEF can only see what the market dictates and go from there.Also,are you're "prices" trade or retail.All the above re prices for E Series does not necessary mean you can buy an NF/NL Failane that cheap in EC.
Mate i can get a v8 fairlane in ec for that anywhere in melb. And the BA's go real cheap at the moment too.
But that is realy neithere here nor there, The point is that people that put unrealistic prices on their cars dont sell them.

Last edited by Justin@; 07-02-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:15 PM   #19
Justin@
Banned

doing things the wrong way...ie overvalue the car

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11246610
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11240167

V'S
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11246552
Doing it the right way...ie putting a good and fair price on a car.
see what i mean?
Old 08-02-2009, 01:30 AM   #20
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
If you're patient, there is a possibility you'll find someone naive enough to pay 4-5k, but realistically what it's worth has been spelt out pretty clearly.
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post