Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 29-11-2008, 08:03 PM   #31
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Yeah the spike in fuel economy would most likely be due to the ECU changing and adapting to the increased air intake.
Looks good though. Nice, cheap and easy mod. Will be interesting to see any long term improvements/declines in fuel economy.

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2008, 08:17 PM   #32
AnthonyTDCi
Focus TDCi

day 1:

35km trip to work, pretty much a straight drive with not much traffic. got stopped at a couple sets of lights. taking it easy while driving with no hard launches.

35km trip home, pretty much the same. fuel average has dropped to 5.6lt/100. so far cant see any fuel increases but its still early.
AnthonyTDCi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2008, 06:38 PM   #33
xrsix40

Default intercooler

Instead of changing the intercooler why not have a look at a DP Chip

KW BEFORE 100
KW AFTER 117
NM BEFORE 320
NM AFTER 370

www.efidiesel.com

I put one on my Ford Ranger and it made a big difference there easy to fit and if you take the car back to your dealer you just disconect it.

Cheers
Stephen
xrsix40 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2008, 05:10 PM   #34
McDethWivFries
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyTDCi
day 1:

35km trip to work, pretty much a straight drive with not much traffic. got stopped at a couple sets of lights. taking it easy while driving with no hard launches.

35km trip home, pretty much the same. fuel average has dropped to 5.6lt/100. so far cant see any fuel increases but its still early.
what speeds are you averaging in your trip? So far the best i've gotten out of my TDCi (jus over 10k on the clock tho) is 6.7lt/100 but with it being the wifes daily drive and not doing very long trips etc it seems to always be over 7.3lt/100 (she doesn't thrash it either).
Old 02-12-2008, 08:38 PM   #35
AnthonyTDCi
Focus TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDethWivFries
what speeds are you averaging in your trip? So far the best i've gotten out of my TDCi (jus over 10k on the clock tho) is 6.7lt/100 but with it being the wifes daily drive and not doing very long trips etc it seems to always be over 7.3lt/100 (she doesn't thrash it either).
last time i checked im averaging about 45kmh.

i drive with a very light foot. you dont need to thrash a car to get bad economy. if you are putting your foot to the floor and still shifting at 2000rpm, you will still get rubbish economy.

i shift at 2000rpm 99% of the time, and ill hit 60kmh at the end of 3rd gear from memory.

plus your motor might still be a bit tight....but after 10k of travelling i dont think it would be the case.

anthony
Old 09-12-2008, 01:03 AM   #36
AnthonyTDCi
Focus TDCi

just an update on this "shortened intake pipe" mod:

last tank i averaged 5.4lt/100kms.....just a tad over 850kms out of that tank.

i filled up this morning....drove to work (anyone who is familiar with melbourne, i drive from cranbourne to moorabbin which is 35km's of crap traffic) and the average was sitting on 4.7lts/100. it has jumped up during the trip home, and a few short trips today to 5.3lts/100.

so far, all in all i think that my car has actually benifited from this hacksaw massacre
*sigh of relief*

anthony