Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 12:03 PM   #31
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozza
I don't understand how action can be implemented on hearsay.
if i call 000 to report a serious crime, the emergency services would be acting on hearsay

i suppose the question is, where is the line drawn. i personally cannot stand people who squeal, simply because in my view "no one is innocent - it is just some are more guilty than others". however, i do not have a problem with the police doing their job. if they knock on my door to ask a question, it wastes around 5-30 minutes of my day - so what. i would rather them doing their job, trying to help people than doing nothing at all. so far, they have never knocked on my door. if they were knocking every day/month/year etc. then i would probably be doing something to deserve it. then it should be me who i blame, not others
Old 02-12-2008, 12:07 PM   #32
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

All i can say is- Chill!

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
Old 02-12-2008, 12:25 PM   #33
gozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
if i call 000 to report a serious crime, the emergency services would be acting on hearsay
That is true. I agree. I guess i find it frustrating to know that anyone of us can be dobbed in by a misguided opinion. I guess the Hoon and Anti Social Driving beat up words are working. Thats probably what angers me more now that i think about it
Old 02-12-2008, 12:49 PM   #34
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Oh goodie

Another police thread, another member to be banned.

Original poster, I dont know whats funnier, the way you describe going out of the car park or thinking that we would believe your story!
Old 02-12-2008, 01:20 PM   #35
scoupedy

Admit nothing deny everything and the cops can't do anything as what the public say is hearsay they were just doing there job and hoping that you would put your foot in it - "but officer it was just a small burnout" bang done you just admitted to reckless driving
Old 02-12-2008, 01:21 PM   #36
SPK-250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just rang the police and dobbed you's all in for hooning!!

At the end of the day it is the silliest thing that someone felt they had to dob you in for something so little, but i reckon it would happen every day. In my view it is not you that is ignorant, but the people who made the initial claim resulting in wasted police resources.

But hey, the police came, the police went, end of story.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:30 PM   #37
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Serious crime.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:36 PM   #38
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't get mad - get even.
Visit the RSL club on the night of their meat raffle draw & buy up big on tickets. Then sit back & watch the complaints from the old farts when you win all of "their meat". You might also casually mention that you never would have gone to the club - except for your recent run in with a couple of their members.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:49 PM   #39
fpbabe
miss torque

about 3 years ago i was driving at night with a girlfriend and a car in front of us was swerving all over the road. on 2 seperate occassions they nearly hit us and another car. they also carelessly through something large out their window which nearly hit my car. we then made sure we stayed way behind them, but they ended up pulling into the same place we were going, so once they left their car, we went and got their rego. we actually saw a cop about 10 minutes later and told him what had happened. he said he couldnt do anything about it, even though both my friend and i had seen it.
i guess that shows how things have changed recently when the "H" word is thrown around
Old 02-12-2008, 03:26 PM   #40
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozza
I don't understand how action can be implemented on hearsay. By the logic shown by the more righteous members in this thread, i could pick a random car, make a complaint they were hooning, and have them subsequently harassed by police officers.
It is not hearsay if the complainant is willing to make a statement and give evidence. If what you are saying is correct people could get away with any offence if the police themselves did not actually see the offence committed. Of course making false reports to police is also an offence.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:51 PM   #41
Hemicuda
IH8TOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo81
About the same chance of a deformation case against them as they have against you. After all, you are alluding that they are hearing/vision impared along with drinking... :

but anyway - as has already been said, the cops were just doing their job. End of story. :
. How am i alluding impairment? I was just saying that if my car was impounded then i'd do anything to get it back and that includes getting the best solicitor i can afford. I don't think you can really sue a solicitor whilst putting the question out there in the defense of his client, so how can they sue me? Have a think about what your trying to say next time.

Last edited by Hemicuda; 02-12-2008 at 05:55 PM. Reason: edit word
Old 02-12-2008, 07:20 PM   #42
Unco
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

a cop friend of mine told me a few months ago that reporting hooning by phoning is not very effective here in QLD. as has been mentioned, there would have to be several calls about the same vehicle for the police to start making visits to those that have been dobbed in.

she did mention however, that if you make a complaint in person at your local police station, it is far more likely to be taken seriously as they can see that you've made the effort to go out of your way to get an idiot off the road. so they'll try to do the same.

i think the oldie that reported OP to the cops probably did so in person with a witness or two.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:47 PM   #43
Bobman
Regulator

Quote:
i do not understand what the problem is. the coppers paid a visit to follow up on a complaint. what is the problem - did they take the car before the address of the offence was known

if they don't do their job, we complain - they do their job and we complain. they cannot win
Yes, but the problem is that for a real crime (such as car theft, theft from car, property damage, etc), police will usually not attend and ask you to fill a report at the station or even over the phone (where there is a new trial in some regions of Victoria).

If you ask them to attend they will tell you that they have no available resources or are too busy.

Hoon hotline is not very effective, but the hoon laws certainly are. Bendigo is still the hoon capital of Victoria.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Old 02-12-2008, 08:10 PM   #44
bonspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobman
Yes, but the problem is that for a real crime (such as car theft, theft from car, property damage, etc), police will usually not attend and ask you to fill a report at the station or even over the phone (where there is a new trial in some regions of Victoria).

If you ask them to attend they will tell you that they have no available resources or are too busy.

Hoon hotline is not very effective, but the hoon laws certainly are. Bendigo is still the hoon capital of Victoria.

Townsville is according to the Townsville Bulletin.
and this thread sucks, I think the op is guilty. couple of chirps.............
Old 02-12-2008, 08:15 PM   #45
MickyG
76 Fal Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti

GOLD!!!!!!!!!!

Will be asking alot of questions as Lego is beyond me!
Old 02-12-2008, 08:19 PM   #46
falconboy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TadKa
I said mate your in a getz
LOL. I gotta laugh at the number of people driving the smallest half plastic/half metal cars on the road that can't drive in a straight line, let alone park in a spot designed for a semi!
Old 02-12-2008, 08:22 PM   #47
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my point is like some have touched upon someone screams hoon to them and they follow it up, someone says rape,murder, break and enter etc they are too busy - chasing motorists for revenue I am sure people have noticed as soon as it hits the fan, the cost to motorists increase to cover it - pyramid anybody? and shouldn't that be stopped now? anyway I am meandering I would prefer police officers be doing things to combat crime fighting drugs and guns and stuff..... not jamming up motorists, and also if it was my intention to do a burnout why would I have had traction control on? you all should know how easy it is with TC off in these cars I just had to vent, sorry if it was misconstrued

ALSO I don't care if you believe me or not, if the police in the station thought there was a problem they would have at the very least looked out the window to see what all the noise was, and how silly would one be to deliberately light em up right outside a police station?? kinda like stabbing a sleeping bear in the nose with a fork......

Holden special vehicles - for special people

Last edited by mrbaxr6t; 02-12-2008 at 08:34 PM.
Closed Thread