Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-07-2005, 12:43 AM   #31
M&Ms
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeperau
I did some research & asked a few knowledable individuals & found Iprimus to be Great value with the land line & broadband package although I have heard their land line service is Sh#t. In saying that they were ultra competative.
I'm with I Primus, pay $49.95 per month for 256/64 ADSL, and the service (especially between 6pm and 10pm) is hopeless. My connection regularly drops out and if it does manage to reconnect, it goes slower than dial up!!! Yep, i thought they were good when I used them for Dial up, but so far their ADSL services suck. Whats worse, you gotta wait forever to get to tech support on the phone, and they offer you crummy advice like "make sure the phone lines are plugged in properly" WTF!!! I wish I went with TPG for the same money but faster speeds, shame that there's still over one year left on the contract. Might give Consumer Affairs a call if they can't fix my problem though.
M&Ms is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 08:02 AM   #32
rodderz

I just got my bipond adsl kit in the mail yesterday, only took 10 mins to swap over from dialup

Excellent, no waiting and no dropouts, and pages only take a few seconds to load!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 08:08 AM   #33
eb_5litre
It'll Buff Out.

I'm with Exetel and pay $40 for 512/128 with 12G d/l and unlimited upload. Also downloads are free from 2am-9am.
Old 19-07-2005, 08:08 AM   #34
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
I just got my bipond adsl kit in the mail yesterday, only took 10 mins to swap over from dialup

Excellent, no waiting and no dropouts, and pages only take a few seconds to load!
that's the good bit;)
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Quasi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 08:56 AM   #35
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

iprimus package, adsl 12gig, unlimited local calls, phone line rental the lot $85 a month.
I hear TPG have a very quick ADSL for $49.95 a month, service is slow and poor but once its running very good.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 09:10 AM   #36
oldracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz

That's what started this thread Rodderz, I was on a 500mb plan, unawares that my bills were getting higher and higher so just check that you have sufficient download as my last bill was over $300, my fault I know!!!!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 10:50 AM   #37
Perana
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsidfan
My experience is that the re-sellers like Ozemail suffer with poor service from Telstra.
Unless the provider has their own DSLAM in the exhange they will have to rely on telstra to connect your line anyway no matter what company it is and even then it will still have to rely on telstras lines etc...
Old 19-07-2005, 09:17 PM   #38
Falchoon

I'm with TPG, only pay $20 month but limited to 200mb (15c for every extra mb I go over but I think capped at $35). Plan suits me as I don't download videos but possibly won't suit others. Very reliable.
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 09:28 PM   #39
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

I got TPG 1500K ADSL we pay $50 a month with a 20 GB download limit, but you don't get charged extra for extra downloads, they throttle your speed to something like 28.8K I think. It's a pretty good deal and it's FAST!
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post