Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 14-05-2008, 12:20 PM   #31
bwhinnen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGPIE
Newer models have obviously improved somewhat.
Aftermarket ECU on a very modified rex... The trips are about 3km in distance, lucky to see ECT come up to operating let alone oil temp. Cold start enrichment doesn't stop until about 60degreesC and the normal operating temp of my car is about 86degreesC.

I also run the STi drive train, ask an STi owner ('02 onwards) how they go for fuel usage over the WRX, most of them will say lucky to get 350km out of 52-55L...

Get her out on the highway, or doing longer trips and she is fine.

But in the essence of the thread the V8 does drink more, just that the little 4cyl turbo cars are not the be all and end all, specially when you bring the power levels up to what the V8's are making.

I am shocked that the 6.2 LS3 is slated so badly over the LS2 or even L76/L98 6.0L engines...
Old 14-05-2008, 12:46 PM   #32
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by loltastic
Thank god someone else sees it too. :

I mean you also have to remember that a Golf GTi is making 147kW and 280Nm torque. Compare that to the new EVO engine, which is the same displacement at 2.0L inline turbo 4 banger producing 217kW (US & AU Spec) and 422Nm torque without the aid of direct injection.

I don't wanna turn this into Golf GTi vs EVO, because Steffo will assure us all that the GTi will run 0-100km/h in 3 seconds and return 5L/100km while towing Sydney Harbor bridge to a new location up a hill.

Don't talk crap about fuel economy figures when you don't know them. All V8's are thirsty as soon as you take them OFF the highway, it's a fact of life. 15.3L/100 is about what you'd expect for a big 6.2L V8 with no technology thrown at it.
When I don't know them?

EVO/STi 10-12L/100km normal driving, 15+ thrashing. And the 169kW normal WRX returns similar economy.

As opposed to the 188kW S3, 165kW Megane 225, 147kW GTI etc which return 8-9/100 normal driving and 10-12 thrashing.

The Jap turbo 4-bangers like a drink.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Old 14-05-2008, 12:47 PM   #33
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Your so full of crap it's not funny :
Correction. You're. :thebirds:

:
Old 14-05-2008, 12:52 PM   #34
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
When I don't know them?

EVO/STi 10-12L/100km normal driving, 15+ thrashing. And the 169kW normal WRX returns similar economy.

As opposed to the 188kW S3, 165kW Megane 225, 147kW GTI etc which return 8-9/100 normal driving and 10-12 thrashing.

The Jap turbo 4-bangers like a drink.
Yet more crap, try owning one then you can comment with some form of authority
Old 14-05-2008, 01:03 PM   #35
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Yet more crap, try owning one then you can comment with some form of authority
I used to work at a Subaru Service Centre. :alien2:

And... I've lost count of how many people I know that own them. They are the "it," car for my generation after all.

I'd never own one... I've driven every shape WRX (94-00, Bug Eye, Peanut Face, Aeroplane Face and the all-new shape) and personally I think they all drive like crap (poor seating position, no steering feel, no pedal feel, notchy bad gearshift, average handling) and I have no faith in the build quality of Mitsubishi to put my money towards an EVO.

:
Old 14-05-2008, 01:04 PM   #36
plext
Forum Director

Which may all be true, however, my dog could beat up your cars springs.

Oh hang on, we seem to have wandered off the point a little.
Closed Thread