Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 21-04-2008, 11:29 PM   #1
24 coldies
Starter Motor

Default boss bonnet for au

i have fitted an awc boss bonnet to my seris 2 ute it looks good but after 500 kms its got some fitting issues
the left hand side sits seriously high
it dosent unlatch and pop up properly
lines and sink backs are appearing in the finish
i have spent hours trying to rectify the fitting , its all alittle heart breaking having spent a long time on this build up

if these are common issuse or a one off i would like to hear feedback
cheers
24 coldies is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2008, 11:40 PM   #2
HLC
Audi S3

contact Fibresports as they are AWC. they should be able to help.
Old 21-04-2008, 11:57 PM   #3
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

With no disrespect to AWC (fibresports) I have had a full bodykit, bonnets etc from them and they have ALL warped, cracked and fitted like crap.
Basically there isn't much you can do to rectify the problem, you cant really beat it into shape. You will find it is very common with these fibre glass products.

Post some pictures.
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2008, 12:02 AM   #4
El Sucio

Would you experience the same with a carbon fibre bonnet?

Previous Rides:
KH Laser TX3
EF Futura (RIP)
EL XR6
AU2 XR6
BA XR8
BF XR8
BF Wagon (XR6 Lookalike)
2014 Ford Ranger
2000 AU XR8 with all the options boxes ticked (RIP)

G.M.H. - Get a Mechanic...Hurry!!
El Sucio is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2008, 12:03 AM   #5
24 coldies
Starter Motor

it was bought over six months ago , other to tell me its not fitted properly what would they say?
Old 22-04-2008, 12:15 AM   #6
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24 coldies
i have fitted an awc boss bonnet to my seris 2 ute it looks good but after 500 kms its got some fitting issues
Can't you go back to where you bought it from and explain the issues? Maybe they'll be able to help you out with the fitting.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2008, 12:47 AM   #7
24 coldies
Starter Motor

bought over net i live in perth
Old 23-04-2008, 12:55 AM   #8
24 coldies
Starter Motor

i dont know how i ended up with 2 posts the same
but you guys seem to be more intrested in this one so SFR ROB if ican get the time i will take some picktures and post them
Old 23-04-2008, 02:35 AM   #9
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Rob had issues with the fitter that did his.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 08:24 AM   #10
HLC
Audi S3

threads merged/
Old 23-04-2008, 09:05 AM   #11
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have the fibresports XR50 front bar and i have to say it's the best money I ever spent. fits well looks great but I used a top class pannel shop to fit and paint it I think thats the key with this stuff it's only as good as the tradesman fitting it. on the bonnet though even my pannel shop advised me to stay away from a glass bonnet I an looking at having a steel bulge fitted to my steel bonnet they recon it will cost about $600 if i supply a damaged bonnet providing there is no dammage to the actual bulge. my pannel shop fits a lot of fibre sports products and have told me they are the only glass pannels they will fit as they are the only onese they have had no serious dramas with ( no they didn't sell them to me i bought direct and got forum discount )

my experience with fibersports have been great they were helpful when i was choosing and advised me they gaurentee fit of all pannels supplied.

something we need to be careful of here is pubicly critisising a site sponsor before we have tried to resolve the issue direct with the supplier . sponsors help keep this site going and I know fibresports will work with you to resolve this issue too many people start critisinsing as a first course of action and this is hardly fair .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob
With no disrespect to AWC (fibresports) I have had a full bodykit, bonnets etc from them and they have ALL warped, cracked and fitted like crap.
Basically there isn't much you can do to rectify the problem, you cant really beat it into shape. You will find it is very common with these fibre glass products.

Post some pictures.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 10:32 AM   #12
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob

Post some pictures.

If you had the fittings painted without getting prepared properly then yes.

I got the AWC Ts50 Front Bar for my TS, spent a further 400 having it prepared and patched properly before having it painted.

Now well over 24 months and not a problem

Dont expect an after market product to behave
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 01:28 PM   #13
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

rob rob rob how long has it been this cross to bear ?!!

You did the job versa visa instead of visa versa and even Falkeen went out of his way to try and fix your F%CK up....then you lost interest in the whole car which left a bitter taste in your mouth much like the colour of your recent ride.

I was one of the first to get the XR50 bar and like Laminge posts above one it's aftermarket and if you went to a good panel beater that would fill in and took his time to adjust/fit they are no worries !
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 02:36 PM   #14
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

I have an AWC/fibersports boss bonnet fitted to my ute and there are/were some isses.
The bonnet was fitted mid febuary, so it hasn't been on 6 months, but it has travelled about 5000km.

The bonnet sat to high at the front (above the guards). Mick (BLUPRNT XR8) also has this problem with his CF bonnet. But my painter/panel beater raised the front guards so that they sit level with the bonnet. Also i believe that the gaps either side inbetween the bonnet and guards are bigger than the stock bonnet, but as minge says, "Dont expect an after market product to behave". I do have to adjust them though.

I have no problems with lines or sink backs, as that is not so much to do with the bonnet, but with the painter.

But i will say, I don't regret buying the bonnet. Best money i have spent. I would contact AWC/fibersprots and see what they have to say.

Cheers
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 04:35 PM   #15
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedriver
I was one of the first to get the XR50 bar and like Laminge posts above one it's aftermarket and if you went to a good panel beater that would fill in and took his time to adjust/fit they are no worries !
Sorry to go OT here but I still see your old car getting round up here. Still looks hot as too.
Old 23-04-2008, 05:58 PM   #16
KOUPE76
OLD SKOOL BABY

Quote:
Originally Posted by superroo
Mick (BLUPRNT XR8) also has this problem with his CF bonnet.
Not anymore, was an easy fix after having a chat to Whoosha and Gary (AU1XLS) just made the bonnet catch sit a little lower and presto.
I can't believe sfrob is still whingeing,I agree with Laminges and Bluedrivers comments 100%.
Plus we forgot to mention that we were dealing with Adam (Falkeen) who was more than your normal salesman/installer.
Mick

1976 XB GS COUPE (waiting to start the rebuild)
KOUPE76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 06:54 PM   #17
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedriver
rob rob rob how long has it been this cross to bear ?!!

You did the job versa visa instead of visa versa and even Falkeen went out of his way to try and fix your F%CK up....then you lost interest in the whole car which left a bitter taste in your mouth much like the colour of your recent ride.
Not to mention all the "project cars" that end up on e-bay.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2008, 11:16 PM   #18
24 coldies
Starter Motor

the front bar sweet
the rear bar sweet
the skirts close to sweet
the bonnet (a hinged panel) not so sweet
Old 27-04-2008, 10:11 AM   #19
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe
Sorry to go OT here but I still see your old car getting round up here. Still looks hot as too.
Thanks Rapid, believe it or not I regret selling her, she was perfect having her since new and I should have stroked her to get the herbs I craved hence the T3. Hope he's looking after her.

Where's sfr rob ?
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2008, 09:54 PM   #20
24 coldies
Starter Motor

cut and shortened the latch
all good now
sorry bout the pics have been to bussy even to finish the car its on the road now to many things to do