Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 31-03-2008, 06:45 PM   #1
ENVI XR6

Default AU XR Prices

I've recently been looking at quite a few AU XR's on the net, XR8 utes in particular and I was just wondering what i should expect to pay. They all seem way overpriced to me and there seems to be quite a few BA XR utes which are creeping below the 20g mark and from what I have seen you could pay anywhere from 14 to 22 for an AU XR8 ute

Old 31-03-2008, 08:01 PM   #2
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

The AU S11 S3 XR8 utes have held there price well the old saying "you only get what you pay for" is very true for a good clean low Klm unit you will pay top dollar for it, ware the high Klm. 5 owners are going cheap as .(Puts on flame suit) :SaiyanSmi A stock BA XR8 is a barge in comparison they are heavy on the steer and poorly balanced ( yes I have had both in the Family to compare before any one starts) so Before you give up on the AU test drive them both.. hard as leagal to ware you are don"t be frighten of the sales people and you will see what I mean ..Having said that a grand spent on the suspension does them wonders . ware as the AU XR is on the Sweet spot as it is .. I put this down to the fact that the AUXRs are Tickford enhanced motor, suspension, ext. ware as the BA is a prodution line vechical with no real FPV enhancements .. so thats My 2Cents worth and I can back it up with 3 BA XR 8 ute owners that say the same thing ..if I get burnt at the stake remember me kindly :

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2008, 08:14 PM   #3
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute
Hmm Project XW VAN !!!!

I have had both... AU XR8 Ute and BA XR8 ute.
BA XR8 is a heavy POS compared to the AU.
My AU was a Series 2 update with the 200 motor.
Put my own 2 1/2 system on it and a home made CAI and lowered it. Was a beautiful car.
The BA.....Where do I start.
Slow heavy slug in need of mods.
Lowering it helped the steering.
Then its almost compulsary to do CAI, exhaust , diff gears and a tune just to make it a nice car to drive.

I will leave it there....

Cheers...kev

Yella Terra Supercharged

Power Output?
ENOUGH TO BREAK EVERY THING MORE TIMES THAN I CARE TO COUNT