Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-03-2008, 11:12 PM   #1
Chamelion
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Power steering concerns

Hello all,

Some may remember my issues with the car dealers pathetic choice of mechanics.

I have a concern that when they replaced the power steering lines they used the wrong fluid in the system. It does look and smell like Dextron 2/3.
Only since they did the work the system is fine when cold, but as soon as it warms up there is a reasonable ammount more resistance when turning the wheel and I get a nasty vibration accompanied by an also nasty sound when turning the wheel at low speeds, especially in the wet, or so it seems.

Is it highly likely that they're MORE useless than a set of sizely tits on a rather well hung bull?

Cheers all,

Matt.

Chamelion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2008, 11:17 PM   #2
Chamelion
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I might add that when I picked up the vehicle they had far too much fluid in there to start with, so I have sucked some out.

I should also note that when I undo the cap when it's all nice and toasty there is always a noticeable pressure release.

Matt.
Old 30-03-2008, 02:33 PM   #3
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

specified fluid is ESN-M2C 134D (FORD R1 -424) 0.95 litres brown stuff from memory, i could be wrong but i`m with you i dont think dextron is the right stuff.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2008, 02:59 PM   #4
Chamelion
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep, it was brown last time, I have brown stuff here in a bottle.. but the stuff in there now is most certainly the telltale red dextron.
Old 30-03-2008, 09:41 PM   #5
gregaust
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Greg always goes out of his way to provide assistance and support to members of AFF. Greg freely shares his knowledge with people who ask for help and often assists them with obtaining parts and repairs.  A great member of the AFF community. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always happy to offer assistance from his own experiences and often posts up photos when someone is having issues finding/locating something they are trying to repair or replace. 

EL on used the different oil , a gear oil from memory
gregaust is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2008, 07:40 AM   #6
BOON250

Mine had DEX3 in it when I bought it. I flushed it and filled it up with R1-424 from Ford. 10 bucks a litre. Steering more weighted and precise and pump whines less than before.

BOON250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post