Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-03-2008, 10:51 AM   #1
old-jim
Starter Motor

Default Stolen and recovered

My wagon was stolen over the weekend, but was recovered less than 24 hours after it was reported. Well done to the Police at Croydon.

I have not seen the car yet, it is being fingerprinted etc..But the Tow truck driver said the CD player was gone and they hacked the dash fairly badly to get it. The car is fully insured with a $500 excess. The insurance company is yet to assess the damage.

My question is - What things should I look for when I get it back from the Insurance company.

old jim

old-jim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2008, 10:59 AM   #2
fpr_esp
351 xe s pac

dead animals under the seats like stinky fish etc, what kind of car was it.

they obviously took it for a joy ride sounds like kids just be lucky it wasn't burned out.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:02 AM   #3
I FluXx I
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpr_esp
dead animals under the seats like stinky fish etc, what kind of car was it.

they obviously took it for a joy ride sounds like kids just be lucky it wasn't burned out.
I would want my car to be burned out. When people steal cars, they absolutely thrash them. That and smelly thiefs would have been in your car

Performance mods: SL's(front) and leveled at the back, Front 30mm whiteline sway bar, 4" dump, 4" cat, 3.5" exhaust split to Dual 2.5" with quad tips, Plazmaman stage 1 polished intercooler and piping kit, 60lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, upgraded actuator, GFB BOV, K&N panel filter

Mods for show: 19" black Speedy Inferno rims, MTX 5x7's front and rear, 2x Kenwood 4ch amps, 3x Kenwood 10" subs, chrome fuse box cover
I FluXx I is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2008, 11:14 AM   #4
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

Check every where for any syringes. You don't wanna accidently get pricked by one.
A mate of mine had his AU sedan stolen a few eeks ago by a guy with a tomahawk. He threatened his mate and said "Give us ya keys". That'd scare the outta ya. Happened in Geelong.
But yeah, I'd say just give your car a decent check over everywhere with some gloves on I'd say.Be on the safe side. You don't what these low life ba$t@rds get up to.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
WindsorXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2008, 11:42 AM   #5
Jesk
certified nutter

Yeah you gotta watch out for syringes cos my ef monty was stolen recovered and written off, and there was bio-hazard stickers and warnings for syringes all over it when I went to see it, and If your insurance repairs it make 110% sure they go over the brakes cos thats where my insurance let me down (a previous time) even though there was rubber all up the guards and the rear tyres were shredded, I had to replace pads and rotors only about 3000km later
Jesk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2008, 10:35 PM   #6
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If it's under warranty and if you can afford it get it RAC inspected and then get anything fixed under warranty.
If not get a mechanic to go over with special attention to diff and tranny/gear box.
Check your back tyres, if they look like they've had a hard time you'll know it was thrashed.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:07 PM   #7
Tha Jack
Legend!!!

I had My first Car stolen when I was a teenager.
Got it back a few days later no major damage but they fitted a tape deck into the Dash and also smashed the tail lights. Any way a couple of weeks later got a knock on the door the coppers reckoned it was involved in a robbery so they hauled me off to the cop shop for questioning, didnt believe me that it was stolen as the robbery was done before I reported it until they caught the guy who then confessed to everything.
Cant stand Cops ever since.

BACK TO THE BONE YARD
Tha Jack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2008, 11:47 PM   #8
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Jack
Got it back a few days later no major damage but they fitted a tape deck into the Dash and also smashed the tail lights. Any way a couple of weeks later got a knock on the door the coppers reckoned it was involved in a robbery so they hauled me off to the cop shop for questioning, didnt believe me that it was stolen as the robbery was done before I reported it until they caught the guy who then confessed to everything.
Should have reported it when you noticed it gone. As you said, you got it back a couple of days later, reporting it doesnt take that long.

If you did do the robbery, exactly what would you say to the coppers when they came knocking? Probably something like the car was stolen. You cant help people who wont help themselves.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2008, 11:57 PM   #9
Tha Jack
Legend!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
Should have reported it when you noticed it gone. As you said, you got it back a couple of days later, reporting it doesnt take that long.

If you did do the robbery, exactly what would you say to the coppers when they came knocking? Probably something like the car was stolen. You cant help people who wont help themselves.
Hey, Cant report it stolen if I didnt know it was gone till the next day as I was away for the weekend.
You cant help those who post before getting the facts straight. :togo:

BACK TO THE BONE YARD
Old 05-03-2008, 12:05 AM   #10
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Hey, Cant report it stolen if I didnt know it was gone till the next day as I was away for the weekend.
You cant help those who post before getting the facts straight. :togo:
Either way you knew before the cops turned up a few weeks later. Gee who would have thought, a thief may use the car for something illegal and your failure to report it may cause you grief. But hey, of course its the cops fault for not being psychic, its never yours.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:17 AM   #11
Tha Jack
Legend!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
Either way you knew before the cops turned up a few weeks later. Gee who would have thought, a thief may use the car for something illegal and your failure to report it may cause you grief. But hey, of course its the cops fault for not being psychic, its never yours.
Again you are posting without getting the facts. As I said I got it back a few days later but I did report it beforehand. All they had to do was check their records. Dont need to be psychic to do that just their jobs.

BACK TO THE BONE YARD
Old 05-03-2008, 05:33 AM   #12
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Again you are posting without getting the facts. As I said I got it back a few days later but I did report it beforehand. All they had to do was check their records. Dont need to be psychic to do that just their jobs.
Funny thing Police reports, they ask all these questions which are written down. 2 questions asked are when did you last see it and where were you when it was stolen. I doubt the cops didnt bother to check it. If you made no reference to blaming police for your own actions or lack of or at least a failure on your half to understand the situation they faced not simply your own, I would have said nothing. As I said, every two bit criminal stupid enough to use their own car claims it was stolen after the crime is committed and your alibi if you had one needed to be looked into. But they will question you regardless and get to that later.

They did do their job, they investigated a crime that was committed using your vehicle which was 'conveniently' stolen and reported after the fact. If the report was prior to the robbery that would indicate you werent involved, the fact it came in after indicates youre a person of interest. Did you find the other guy or did they? Seems their job is what they were doing, wonder why they were looking for him when according to you, they had you.

Ah yeah, out to stitch you up they were.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:07 AM   #13
red_hotxr6
Banned

Change the locks if they had any keys...oh and if it didnt have an alarm before, fit one...lol
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2008, 09:11 AM   #14
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

FMC351 Do you on purpose make comments to start arguements in threads? I think that you do...and so therefore, I will no longer read anything you post.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:36 AM   #15
fmc351
let it burn

Thats nice dear.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:55 PM   #16
mongoloid
chuck miller ford texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
FMC351 Do you on purpose make comments to start arguements in threads? I think that you do
I concur.

The cops could have done a lot better in your case The jack. Committing a robbery, THEN reporting the car stolen? C'mon even the dumbest crims would have to at least get it around the other way.
1918 Buick, 1930 Studebaker, 1953 Ford Crestline, 1955 Buick Special, 1957 Cadillac, 1962 Cadillac, 1963 Ford Galaxie, 1966 Ford Fairlane, 1971 Chevelle, 1979 Trans Am, 2002 Ford TE50, 2005 CV8 Monaro, 2010 G6e Turbo, 2014 FPV GT-F
mongoloid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2008, 02:01 PM   #17
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
fitted a tape deck? Wtf?! wanted some tuneski's while they robbed the quickie mart?
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2008, 02:16 PM   #18
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
fitted a tape deck? Wtf?! wanted some tuneski's while they robbed the quickie mart?
I saw an XD that had been knocked off years ago, and came back with a new water pump! The owner wasn't sure whether he was happy or not though, as it didn't make up for the rest of the damage the car suffered.
Captain Stubing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2008, 03:13 PM   #19
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i'd make sure the handbrake still works before parking it on a hill. i wouldn't be surprised if it copped a shalacking
Old 05-03-2008, 05:58 PM   #20
fpr_esp
351 xe s pac

lmfao how does a simple thread get so heated tha jack had a good point and it was clearly made. fmc 351 did you have your leetbix when you came online.

im under the impression your a police officer if you are my appoligies in advance as im with tha jack cops are dogs thiers usually one good one to 500 bad ones.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:54 PM   #21
gozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
FMC351 Do you on purpose make comments to start arguements in threads? I think that you do...and so therefore, I will no longer read anything you post.
Watch out FMC - Your being boycotted
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post