The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 29-02-2008, 01:00 AM   #91
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Trev
And while you are there, please tell us all why many mining companies would rather employ women to drive the big 150 tonne dump trucks instead of men?
Aren't a lot of the big mining trucks now autos?

And Trev why did they do that? Wear & tear? Easier to drive?
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Old 29-02-2008, 01:07 AM   #92
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

yer they are all auto ,no clutch can handle 600 ton and a couple thousand horses , would hate to miss a gear ,they are easier than a car to drive just like a go cart i kid you not,
Old 29-02-2008, 08:30 AM   #93
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev28K
Aren't a lot of the big mining trucks now autos?

And Trev why did they do that? Wear & tear? Easier to drive?
I was talking to a person from a recruiting agency and they were saying that women maintain concerntration longer, are less likely to have 'sickies', they are far less likely to take risks, and they tend to look after the gear better.

And yes they are auto, they are diesel electric, the diesel engine drives the electric motors on the wheels.
Old 29-02-2008, 11:12 AM   #94
fmc351
let it burn

So Buddy 1 isnt a girl?

*deletes PM's.

Quote:
On the subject of reverse, in some cars and EA - EL's spring to mind, reverse is actually taller than 1st. I will have a look around for the ratio's, but if someone can beat me to it, go for it.

EDIT: Falcon EL gear ratio's:
1st 3.23
Reverse 3.15 Reverse is slightly taller than 1st on the EL (I will keep looking to support my case more) Which actually means they will go faster in reverse than in 1st
At 1200 rpm, it wont make much difference. Im sure you arent, but it sounds like youre referring to flat to the floor in reverse.
Old 29-02-2008, 11:23 AM   #95
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I now for a fact that they will do over 100km/h in reverse, I have seen it done on a race track many years ago.

And I was just proving a point to someone who knows everything, that it is possible.

I also know for a fact that Falcons do stall easy in reverse because the gear is so tall. I have taught people to drive in them.
Old 29-02-2008, 01:14 PM   #96
Buddy 1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I now for a fact that they will do over 100km/h in reverse, I have seen it done on a race track many years ago.

And I was just proving a point to someone who knows everything, that it is possible.

I also know for a fact that Falcons do stall easy in reverse because the gear is so tall. I have taught people to drive in them.

Ha Ha Ha just because you are a Driver Trainer you think you know it all LMAO I am sure many people here have had friends or Family members who have spent many hours & many $$$ with Driver Trainers only for them either to fail the Driving test which is not the most important thing as it is easy to train someone to pass that only but to end up still being Bad Drivers after all that Money spent :

And a Falcon doing over 100 k's in reverse with that low Ratio you have already pointed out would be doing something like 8000 or more Revs lol

Or put it another way do they do over 100 k's in first gear as the Ratio is not that different & the answer is NOOOOOO!

As for the rest of the answers since my last post they show me to reason with a few of you or even discuss a topic with a small degree of intellect is impossible as not only do you only see what you wish to see there is a total lack of smarts : is like I think is a light on but am sure nobody is Home :P

And as for the men out there enjoying this as they know what I have said about Women but are too scared to speak up, Enjoy it at my Expense lol

Someone was correct at some stage saying this is a Fun Thread :
Old 29-02-2008, 05:28 PM   #97
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was sitting in the passenger seat, it was on Calder Park raceway and we did it to see if the speedo worked in reverse - go figure.

BTW, the speedo does work in reverse, in fact it read 104km/h at max revs.

Last edited by Trevor 57; 29-02-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Old 29-02-2008, 06:05 PM   #98
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

Quote:
I was talking to a person from a recruiting agency and they were saying that women maintain concerntration longer, are less likely to have 'sickies', they are far less likely to take risks, and they tend to look after the gear better.

And yes they are auto, they are diesel electric, the diesel engine drives the electric motors on the wheels.
no their not komatsu and terex are but they are the minority in aus caterpillar are diesel auto and diffs just like a car . and why are we still on the women thing they are on par with sickies /dodging work breaking machines its a individual thing some people are just not mechanical an d i threw in a picture of my new baby

Last edited by vanman_75; 29-02-2008 at 06:21 PM.
Old 29-02-2008, 09:12 PM   #99
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Quote:
I was sitting in the passenger seat, it was on Calder Park raceway and we did it to see if the speedo worked in reverse - go figure.

BTW, the speedo does work in reverse, in fact it read 104km/h at max revs.
Didn't work like that in Ferris Bueller's Day Off!
Old 29-02-2008, 10:17 PM   #100
two
Starter Motor

Gee some of you on this threads really dumb. Big Trev has given you the facts, but just like typical males you don't listen. This is why with the same training females learn faster, drive better, crash less, and can get cheaper insurance.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:58 PM   #101
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy 1
Ha Ha Ha just because you are a Driver Trainer you think you know it all LMAO I am sure many people here have had friends or Family members who have spent many hours & many $$$ with Driver Trainers only for them either to fail the Driving test which is not the most important thing as it is easy to train someone to pass that only but to end up still being Bad Drivers after all that Money spent
But what you probably dont know is that Big Trev is not just a car driver trainer but works with people like you. ie:those who think because they have driven a bit now know the lot.

Look where Trev lives then think what training centres are around there :
Old 01-03-2008, 04:09 PM   #102
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

This was over two pages ago.
Closed Thread