Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-11-2007, 03:01 PM   #31
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

They changed it for aesthetic reasons If Im not mistaken.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2007, 03:04 PM   #32
XCSEDAN
i'm baaaack....

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-BOOST
This is exactly how it should have looked!!!!

AGREED!!!!
thats how it SHOULD look!!!

current F6X is a big let down IMO

not agressive enough or "FPV enough" if you look at it that way....

just looks like a slap job at the moment, i hope they do it right...
XCSEDAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2007, 03:52 PM   #33
Xitdxr
1.8 Turbo baby

Lets hope they get some aggression into the styling, and add bigger and better looking wheels then the small lawn mower blades on it now!
Xitdxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2007, 03:56 PM   #34
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

You guys are dreaming if you think they are going to do anything major with it, its too close to release for them to spend mega bucks, and consdering its a low number car im doubtful they will go to much trouble at all.

Wishful thinking!
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2007, 04:48 PM   #35
autolover08

It does need more differentation no doubt. I never understood why the XR headlight scallops were never used, like the FPV GTs and it needs that lower ait intake like the sedans, otherwise it simply looks like a Fords Turbo version of the territory.
autolover08 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2007, 05:43 PM   #36
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fantastic_Ford
The pre-production BA-GT was missing the third 'arm' on the middle of the spoiler, the bonnet bulge was slightly different and it had no stripes.
The pre-production one also had the production GT-P front splitter, only colour coded (also the rear bumper insert was colour coded), while the production GT got a 3-slot front splitter which was painted silver, and had similar paint treatment on the rear.

As for people suggesting that the FPV Territory get the XR lights, remember the standard Territory lights are not standard BA/BF Falcon lights. This means for the headlight scallops, FPV would need to create a new set of lights

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2007, 05:59 PM   #37
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

I think the XR 'signature' scallops would look crapola on the Territory.

I'd much prefer an Raptor R7 sort of look.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2007, 07:31 PM   #38
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbit
has anyone got a pictre of the BA GT at the motor show prior to the revisions?

just curious...as i never knew what was different
Here you go.

outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2007, 11:00 PM   #39
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fantastic_Ford
The pre-production BA-GT was missing the third 'arm' on the middle of the spoiler, the bonnet bulge was slightly different and it had no stripes.
A little bit of trivia for y'all The bonnet was changed due to the original bulge dies not stamping good panels. They all looked shite painted and required extensive metal finishing. Quite a costly mistake at the time for Ford. All new draw die at $150k. Not exactly loose change.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 01:25 PM   #40
tce
BA WAGON

I was looking at the head light in the territory and it almost looks like the xr would bolt in and just mod the bumper. the head lights are the same hight as the xr (top to bottom of the scallops) just not as wide.
tce is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 01:34 PM   #41
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In my opinion it's still flogging a bit of a dead horse - not that the territory is a dead horse, I just think they will sell as many F6X's as tickford sold TL50s.

Leave the performance SUVs to the europeans.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 02:36 PM   #42
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tce
I was looking at the head light in the territory and it almost looks like the xr would bolt in and just mod the bumper. the head lights are the same hight as the xr (top to bottom of the scallops) just not as wide.
It’s not as simple as just swapping things over. I’ve been through Hella and seen their testing procedures and the way lighting has to comply to Australian Standards = $$$

I really get the feeling that FPV are/were trying to do this on the cheap and given it’s off again/on again status it probably wasn’t originally meant to see the light of day until the Territory facelift/redesign.
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 02:41 PM   #43
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev28K
It’s not as simple as just swapping things over. I’ve been through Hella and seen their testing procedures and the way lighting has to comply to Australian Standards = $$$

I really get the feeling that FPV are/were trying to do this on the cheap and given it’s off again/on again status it probably wasn’t originally meant to see the light of day until the Territory facelift/redesign.
reflector and housing is identical between territory and falcon, its just a different front lens, that said, they'd need a different bonnet as well as the front face of the territory lens is more upright

the XR6 lights could go in and be absolutley zero different in lighting to the territory lights though

you're right though, they're doing it on the cheap so dont wish to re-tool to make new bumpers, in teh same way the Force6 and Force8 just has the GT or typhoon front (cant remember which)
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 02:50 PM   #44
351@GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by acosta32
A little bit of trivia for y'all The bonnet was changed due to the original bulge dies not stamping good panels. They all looked shite painted and required extensive metal finishing. Quite a costly mistake at the time for Ford. All new draw die at $150k. Not exactly loose change.
If you have a look... the bonnet bulge was actually changed from whats in that pic, they blended the front edge further forwards.
351@GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 03:14 PM   #45
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351@GT

If you have a look... the bonnet bulge was actually changed from whats in that pic, they blended the front edge further forwards.[/QUOTE]

uhhh........ thats exactly what he just said, because the original dye made panels that needed to be metal finished before paint, ford decided to get a new dye made up which is where the current XR8 bonnet is from, the bulge is only longer at the front thats all.
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 03:19 PM   #46
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by acosta32
i thought it was changed to be more aerodynamic....

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 03:22 PM   #47
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXO_8
reflector and housing is identical between territory and falcon, its just a different front lens, that said, they'd need a different bonnet as well as the front face of the territory lens is more upright
i think you'll find that the housing/body is different between the falcon and territory and it had different brackets because the rad support on the territory is different.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 03:27 PM   #48
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk O'lass
i think you'll find that the housing/body is different between the falcon and territory and it had different brackets because the rad support on the territory is different.
they are identical, i remanufacture headlights for a living and have used falcon housings on territory lights and vice versa
Old 06-01-2008, 04:24 PM   #49
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXO_8

the XR6 lights could go in and be absolutley zero different in lighting to the territory lights though
They still have to comply with things like lighting cut offs and not dazzling oncoming traffic, etc. The Standard is pretty detailed on this one. So it could be one of the reasons they aren't doing it.

Just because it is possible to physically swap the parts over doesn't mean that it will then comply with a standard that all new cars have to meet.
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 04:36 PM   #50
LUXO_8
windsor user

this is true and i understand what you're saying...
all comes down to $$ for result....
Old 06-01-2008, 04:41 PM   #51
BAxtER
ive been 4490'd

i recall seeing a pic of the first few GT's having orange shaded rear indicator lights, rather then the white ones which the rest of the BA series first had.
www.taipanmotorsport.com.au
BAxtER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2008, 09:14 AM   #52
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I thought the F6X looked hot as, like a sleeper but i guess when your buying an FPV you want somthing that sticks out.

those SRT's though, DAMN THEY SOUND SO GOOD!
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2008, 10:15 AM   #53
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

According to AMC magazine, FPVs solution to the F6X

A NEW STRIPE KIT
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2008, 11:24 AM   #54
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77