Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 03-11-2007, 08:37 PM   #31
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

hmmm interesting bout the felt on the passenger side footwell.

I added the bulbs around 2 years ago to the footwells, but on the passenger side i kinda mounted the globe on a wire so u couldnt see it dangling. I didnt have the extra felt in my passenger footwell... something tells me its time to go to ford after 3 years (and an expired warranty) and demand my extra felt. I reckon the extra felt with the lamp holder looks much nicer.

Tom
Old 04-11-2007, 03:06 AM   #32
nlfbt8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevaps

I added the bulbs around 2 years ago to the footwells, but on the passenger side i kinda mounted the globe on a wire so u couldnt see it dangling. I didnt have the extra felt in my passenger footwell... something tells me its time to go to ford after 3 years (and an expired warranty) and demand my extra felt. I reckon the extra felt with the lamp holder looks much nicer.

Tom
Hmm ... I'm seeing a repetative pattern here. ANOTHER person without felt ... I suspect someone was pocketing them on the production line, but WHY?!!! :

I ordered my felt from Ford today ... I think it came to just over $20.
nlfbt8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2007, 11:55 AM   #33
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Great photos...probably the best on the web for this mod.

I didn't have to remove the felt on the passenger side, but rather popped the glovebox down (you push on the sides and get the two rubber stoppers to clear the trim, then the whole glove box swings down....also allows you to access fuses) and was able to do it all from the top.

Those driver side shots makes it much clearer for me. Thanks

I got my lens from Hillis Ford in Wagga. $10

Luckily they only had one....since it is clear you don't need the second one!

I got 5w globes...but are perhaps a bit subtle. Might try for stronger although Ricerbarn looked at me oddly when I asked for 12W.... they did have 16W.

Well done to everyone and thanks.....Ford Forums strikes again!

ps Could be worthwhile someone using these photos to make a sticky "How to"
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2007, 07:28 PM   #34
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah even on the euroford club website if he allows it there.

Steve if you took a camera to wagga. I think you need a big post of all the pics you guys took

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2007, 11:07 PM   #35
melbzetec

uuuuuummmmmm. In my rush, I forgot to take the camera to Wagga!!! But Eddie took some and is going to send them to me to post
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.

Old 05-11-2007, 03:42 PM   #36
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Sorry but this is off the topic but as Steve says, I've done the photo c.d. today and am sending them Steve's way a.s.a.p. but don't expect absolutely great photos. Just enough to get the gist of the Show.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2007, 06:04 PM   #37
Tj-zetec
Knows nothing. Apparently

i've taken this further and made it completley rice... i'm ashamed of myself, but i think it looks cool. It made me wonder tho when my own mother was teasing me about it.

Firstly I spliced a wire into the earth of the drivers side light, ran it through a switch and to an earth point (i used the one just next to the radio, probly what the radio is earthed to) so i can switch em on with the doors closed. It makes the dome light come on, but the footwell lights remain on when the dome light is switched off.

After riping a couple more bulb holers out of a few cars at pick n paythruthenose I also piggy-backed the wires and added some under the seats to light up the rear footwells.

Mildly interesting side note tho, the ford Taurus has bulb holders tucked up in the wiring loom as well.

thanks on the compliments for the photos too. if i'd known people were that interested on pics i woulda taken more comprehensive ones.
Tj-zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2007, 06:38 PM   #38
melbzetec

OK TJ, all you have to do now is hook them up so they pulse on and off in time with the music!!!!! :

mmm......It's a worry TJ....... not thinking of putting a dragon motif on the bonnet are you?LOL

Old 05-11-2007, 06:48 PM   #39
Tj-zetec

alright you lot, get it out of your system.

My GF did recommend a fog machine though.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:48 PM   #40
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj-zetec
alright you lot, get it out of your system.

My GF did recommend a fog machine though.

I would recommend a disco ball as well. Stobe light as well! :

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
Old 06-11-2007, 03:59 PM   #41
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Sorry Tj but this is still off the topic but you should see the MASSIVE Sub Steve had installed at the Sthn. N.S.W.A.F.D. Show. I hope that the photos will show you what I mean. Something to do with an optical illusion.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2007, 05:54 PM   #42
Tj-zetec

The pot calling the kettle black in other words :
Old 06-11-2007, 09:12 PM   #43
melbzetec

OK....I'm outed. You promised not to tell Eddie

Old 09-11-2007, 03:26 PM   #44
nlfbt8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevaps

Tom
For those people who are also missing the passenger side felt, the correct part number for it is "2M51 A044C99 BC". Got mine in today ... and it looks a whole lot nicer than the big gap! List price is $18.15 on this felt. You'll also need three of "96FG 16K262 AA" (a.k.a. little xmas tree clips) to attach the felt under the glovebox, list price of these is $2.90.
nlfbt8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2007, 04:38 PM   #45
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate your on the ball....good for your information for people who are missing it.

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3