Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 05-09-2007, 10:16 PM   #1
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 
Unhappy BEM Function - Power Windows - Low series

howdy all.

Well after a fun two day installing power windows in the ute, i went to hook the final wire up to the BEM so that i can have the delay function working, only to find that it won't work.

I double and tripple checked that i was using the right pin on the BEM as i didn't want to stuff anything up, but to no joy.

The BEM uses a 'pull low' for the function of the windows, so i've currently got the window trigger wire just to earth so that they work all the time.

Now, my question is, since my car didn't come with power windows from the factory, is that function disabled? I know the low series BEM can handle the windows, but are they enabled all the time, or only on the cars that had power windoes from the factory?

Any help????
Cheers

PS. and just out of interest, it cost me about $400 for the conversion - 2 x trims, 2 x regulators, 2 x switches, and all the wiring and connects from autobarn

superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2007, 10:20 PM   #2
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm not 100% sure, but when i got mine installed, the guys at ford just plugged in the P/W relay and conected the wires up to the windows and the output side of the relay and it all worked - 90sec delay after ignition off

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
NC1183 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2007, 10:33 PM   #3
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

Thats what i was going for. Used a relay and soon to be breaker (now a fuse) in the factory fuse box, just to not get it to properly work.

Just noticed that you've got a XLS, so maybe on the high BEM it active and not on the low?
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post