Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 11-06-2007, 12:46 PM   #1
Ronz
Starter Motor

Default New member here

Hi Guys, i thought id say hi before i begin to contribute.

Seems like you have a good site here.

Little about me, im 23 from melbourne/geelong current car is a corolla, but have placed an order for a titanium grey zetec on saturday. Hopefully the dealers dont dick me around and get it in ASAP.

Few questions, apart from the annoying seat belt buzzer, are there any other problems i should watch out for? Its kind of hard to tell with only a 30 minute test drive. Im very happy with my decision but would like to learn more about the car.

Anyhow, hope to get some good advice and maybe even learn enought o give my own.

Thanks.

Ronz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2007, 03:05 PM   #2
Miyagi
fordxr5turbo.com

This site is awesome... you can find discussion on ANYTHING Ford.

Welcome to the site mate. Which dealer did you go through? You a Geelong boy (I was... now in Melbourne)?

Cheers,
Miyagi
Old 11-06-2007, 04:28 PM   #3
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

First of all a big welcome to the forums. Always good to see new people joining, especially when they (are about to) drive a great car in the LS

The only real thing to keep an eye on initially is paint quality. Most Foci are pretty good, but like most cars, its always good to give the car a good going over before the keys are handed over.

The seat belt buzzer thing is a little annoying but you soon learn to put your seat belt on first before you start it.

Enjoy the titanium too (best colour in the range, but I could be a little biased!) and before anyone else says it, after you pick it up - WE WANT PICS!!
Lower airbox removed, K&N Panel filter
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles
JVC KW-XR816 Headunit + more to come...

#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2007, 09:08 AM   #4
Ronz
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyagi
This site is awesome... you can find discussion on ANYTHING Ford.

Welcome to the site mate. Which dealer did you go through? You a Geelong boy (I was... now in Melbourne)?

Cheers,
Miyagi

I went through new oak ford.

I was a melbourne boy up until january this year. Moved to geelong (well lara) for work. I still come back most weekends.

And as for pics, thats a given
Ronz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2007, 09:16 AM   #5
Miyagi
fordxr5turbo.com

hehe i'm Lara born and bred... parents still living there

I went the opposite direction though.. I went from Lara --> Pt Cook ;)

Cheers,
Miyagi
Old 12-06-2007, 10:42 AM   #6
bman

Welcome Ronz!

- 17 x Ford Falcon XT BF - Within my Fleet -
- 4 x Ford Falcon XR6 BF - Within my Fleet -
- 110 x Mitsubishi Express - Within my Fleet -
- 2 x Hyundai iLoad - Within my Fleet -
bman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post