Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-05-2007, 02:37 PM   #61
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZZLER351
This is the most useless thread i've seen in a while !!!
Well then don't reply, just ignore it, you don't need to go round bagging people if you don't like there thread.

-Mathematicians have found that due to the excessive amount of women Chuck Norris has slept with, it is guaranteed that he appears in your family tree a minimum of three times

-Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He waits.

-Chuck Norris once worked as a weatherman for the San Diego evening news. Every night he would make the same forecast: Partly Cloudy with a 75% chance of Pain.
sprjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 03:06 PM   #62
JBomb3000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My farther is the workshop foreman at our local ford dealers and as such road tests alot of new cars when doing the pre delivery. He said you used to come across the odd "freak" car that would go significantly harder than the typical example but not very often any more. He said EA's seemed to have the highest percentage of freak cars for some reason (probably due to the high amount of the opposite of the freak car, the dud with this particular model). Now days if they do come across something that is over or under performing on the road test a quick flash of the PCM usually fixes it.
JBomb3000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 03:15 PM   #63
NA XR6
!!

Everyone i know seems to have a freak of a car
So they must all be freaks
yeeeeeeeah !!!
NA XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 03:33 PM   #64
ThoR_
Holdens Fall Apart!

There not all freaks. Some people just think they have the fastest cars under the sun. And they dont.
Old 16-05-2007, 04:16 PM   #65
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

My old AU XR8 was a bit of a freak I think. It ran mid 14s with just a K&N filter, shift kit and straight through centre mufflers. 14.59@94mph and 152rwkw (APS dyno) for a series 1 XR8? Unheard of, as a lot of people doubted my credibility at the time!
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 04:18 PM   #66
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

There was apparently meant to be a batch of XR6 Turbo's that came with significantly higher standard Boost levels...from what I remember reading, you could tell them appart as the Turbo was marked with Blue Paint Pen.
Old 16-05-2007, 05:29 PM   #67
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
A AU XR6 Beating BA XR8's....
I wont name nicknames, but there are 2 people on this very forum who can vouch (they were my victims)
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 05:36 PM   #68
JAYBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by clontarf_x
I wont name nicknames, but there are 2 people on this very forum who can vouch (they were my victims)
mmaybe to 50km/h?
JAYBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 06:35 PM   #69
XR6TickfordBoy
Now XR8TickfordBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSM54
ORSMEB's car is a freak, it does pull mighty hard for a stockish EB, however it was used for most of its life on hwy km. so maybee that myth is true. its might also have somthing to do with how well maintained it is.
My point is even for stockish, well maintained, whatever, no stockish EB XR6 should be putting out anything over 120rwkw or lower, so that argument is void Tristan, the fact of the matter is no stock factory model EB XR6 should even be anywhere near 140rwkw! Pure FREAK!!!!!!!!
EF XR8- Respray in Monza Red with Clear Coat, Custom Rear Bar, AU V8, EL GT MAF, Rebuilt and Strengthened Auto with Stage 2 Shift Kit, 2,500RPM Stallie and tranny cooler, Rebuilt Diff with 4.11 Gears, Custom Radiator, King Ultra Lows, Pedders Shocks, NL Concorde Rims.
XR6TickfordBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2007, 06:00 PM   #70
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3
I read somewhere that there was significant variation in BA XR6 Turbo power output. Some can put out as little as 160rwkw and others around 200rwkw.
It all comes down to boost pressure. The quicker ones have the full 6 psi while the slower ones may only have 3, there is a bit of variance between them standard. Might also come down to how tight the hose clamps are as well, cause some cars clamps might be a little loose which will lose boost pressure.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2007, 06:16 PM   #71
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

I think they are out there, a guy i worked with once had an xd wagon with a 302 in it would blow anything it came across away, it had just extractors and was lowered a bit, but the thing was an animal, you could plant it at 80 and it would break into wheel spin (it was a 3 speed auto) it scared the shite out of me! Also used less fuel and ran smoother than his xd sedan, so i say this thing was a freak!
Old 18-05-2007, 06:39 PM   #72
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There will always be some power variation, but too much just indicates poor tolerance issues.
XR8-260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2007, 07:08 PM   #73
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3
There will always be some power variation, but too much just indicates poor tolerance issues.
Chevrolet/Holden LS1. Massive build tolerences between them. Some were fast others were total slugs.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2007, 07:36 PM   #74
bf tubs

at the end of the day unless you owned the car from new or bort it of a reliable mate you have no idea what the previous owner has done in regard to mods or running in proceedure unless u pull it to pieces .the notion of freak cars that are essentially controlled by the ecu seems a bit of a strech to me and is more likely to occur in the days before the ecu was implemented into cars .its nice to think that your car is some how a little bit better than the average one but with more stringent quallity control in industry these days you would expect it not too happen.having said that recalls still exist dont they
 bf tubs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post