Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-04-2005, 05:00 AM   #1
confused
Starter Motor

Default Problems with a Dealer or Ford Customer Relationship Centre

Has a Dealer fobbed you of and you have hit a brick wall with Fords Customer Relationship Centre telephone no 133 673.

Try giving 1800 33 33 06 a try, they tend to be more on the ball, listen to choices and choose the corect one for your concern. This number is gaurded by both the dealers and Ford HQ.

Regards
confused is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2005, 05:25 AM   #2
confused
Starter Motor

Default Any one insured with NRMA

I have heard around the traps that NMRA (and I guess most of us know by now that NRMA is in fact an IAG Company) has changed the way it goes about quoting the damage to its insured vehciles.

Once upon a time, after you rang and lodged the claim and choice your repairer, everything was fine.

Next came when you were instructed to take your car to an IAG Centre for a quote and then told who would repair it.

What I hear now is that when you take your damaged car to an IAG Centre a series of digital photos will be taken of your car and then up loaded onto their computer and then e-mailed out to all preferred smash repairers (PSR) for them to view, and try to do a quote and then bid for the job. This practice is surposed to take effect in June/July.

Has any one else out there heard of this rubbish, gees I hope it's idle gossip.

Regards
Old 22-04-2005, 07:57 AM   #3
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused
I have heard around the traps that NMRA (and I guess most of us know by now that NRMA is in fact an IAG Company) has changed the way it goes about quoting the damage to its insured vehciles.

Once upon a time, after you rang and lodged the claim and choice your repairer, everything was fine.

Next came when you were instructed to take your car to an IAG Centre for a quote and then told who would repair it.

What I hear now is that when you take your damaged car to an IAG Centre a series of digital photos will be taken of your car and then up loaded onto their computer and then e-mailed out to all preferred smash repairers (PSR) for them to view, and try to do a quote and then bid for the job. This practice is surposed to take effect in June/July.

Regards

I don't work for NRMA, I work for another insurer.
I would dare say it is for regional repairs. That is where there is no preffered repairer within a certain radius. It is an industry standard practice now and it probably already happens with them anyway. Biggest thing you need to worry about is the guarantee on the work. Just for your info though, this practice if as your "rumor" goes will help keep your premium down. Why you ask?
It stops the preferred repairer inflating repair costs knowing they MUST be competitive to get the job by not being the only one to quote on it.

If a mod is looking at this, can you move this to a new thread as its off the subject please.

Last edited by Yaw; 22-04-2005 at 08:23 AM.
Yaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2005, 10:31 AM   #4
Aussie Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

IAG has also placed a tender out for supply of second hand non mechanical parts for use in smash repairs.
Aussie Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2005, 11:23 AM   #5
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:

Regards
The following are facts. Not guesses.

NRMA is one of the companies owned by or apart of IAG.

You still have a choice of repairer, even the littlest of shops, it's up to you where you want your car fixed.
You DO NOT HAVE TO take your car to an IAG Centre!

Yes digital photos are often used. It is cheaper and quicker than sending out an assessor. This means the car is finished earlier and the premiums are kept down.

Why is it in your opinion rubbish? Do you work for a repairshop who isn't accredited with IAG??

Edit: What has this to do with dealers or Ford Cust Relations?
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe

Last edited by LTDHO; 22-04-2005 at 11:25 AM.
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2005, 03:36 PM   #6
loxxr6
XB in parts...

As an IAG employee, after a certain date for renewals and new policies, you will need to pay for the benefit of having your own choice of repairer. On the upside you will get a lifetime warranty on repairs.

The process they will be looking at introducing later on with the car repairs has something to do with vehicles being photographed and panel beater's lodging tender's for jobs. Apparently a similar process is used by insurers in SA and another state, so it's not anything radical. I'll try and find more details on it.

PS - yeah this has gone way off topic hasn't it.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

Last edited by loxxr6; 22-04-2005 at 03:42 PM. Reason: more text
loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2005, 11:42 PM   #7
XRQTOR
Banned

Yep this thread makes sense.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2005, 12:01 AM   #8
gtfpv
GT

if when the work is done you are not happy with the job . the nrma does not want to know about it . even if you use they're preferred repairer. they won't inspect the repair, without charging you $145 for the assessment . what they try to do is ask you to take it back to the repairer and ask them to get it reassessed. and then the repairer have to agree to this . they can tell you to go away as well and then you have to pay an independant assessor to argue it out with the nrma. but in general once the repair has been deemed satisfactory by the repairer the nrma . are not interested in wha the owner thinks . this happened to a relative of mine . i could't believe what they said to him . i was there. cheap and nasty. f,u jack tell someone who cares treatment. translated.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2005, 11:05 PM   #9
xrgran

Quote:
Has a Dealer fobbed you of and you have hit a brick wall
I suppose we have the advantage of being in a country town, so have never had the problems that maybe associated with larger area's.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2005, 04:39 AM   #10
confused
Starter Motor

I always considered a true assessor walked around the vehicle, looked inside, underneath, from front to rear. How can you get the same appraisal from a bloody photograph
I realise these guys are very good at their trade, but he wouldn't want to miss anything, Speaking about refurbished (secondhand parts) panels etc they claim they are enviromentally friendly, now theres a new word in their vocabulary. I noticed that you can pay an extra premiun for the choice of repairer option, have a good at that one, dont get caught out of in the bush, there is still only one tow and it will be to the nearest depot for shore, you pay the freight to your choice of repairer .

regards, lets still hope