Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 03-04-2005, 11:57 AM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up I Bought A Fiesta

The Festiva was approaching 100,000kms and I could either re-finance the residual or buy a new car. I looked at a Barina, etc. But went back to Metro Ford, as I had bought 4 cars from them before. I got a good deal on the Festiva, considering it is 5 years old and nearly 100,000kms up. When I compare the Festiva to the Fiesta, the Fiesta is a bargain buy. Not much difference in price, 5 years difference. But the equipment level is much better. Plus more power. I compared the Fiesta to my daughters Laser, and it is only 4kw's less and 1 ft lb torque less and 400kgs less in weight. So, it should be lively! Colour is Sublime, Envi on a Falcon
Despite what reputation the Festiva has, it did me well for 5 years. Utterly reliable, no problems. But coming near 100,00km's I can forsee problems, coming. New car, warranty etc, way to go.
Pick it up tomorrow. Cann't wait ! Now have to learn how to use a manual box, in Brisbane traffic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eclipsee_

Last edited by csv8; 03-04-2005 at 11:59 AM. Reason: add colour
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2005, 01:32 AM   #2
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

AWESOME!! welcome to the forums
im sure you will find the cars to be completely different, ive been in a older festiva and i can tell you now, its nothing like the Fiesta.
Good luck with the car and getting used to the gearbox, all in all its very easy to operate, only thing you have to look out for is the odd throttle which is fly by wire (electronic) and your blinkers on the left side of steering wheel.
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2005, 12:40 PM   #3
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Well done!

The Fiesta certainly is a wise purchase, I'd be interested to see what the car looks like in that colour - I can't say I have seen that colour before in the Fiesta.

Congrats and all the best for it!

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2005, 01:45 AM   #4
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Sublime is actually Zest on the Falcon and Territory ;)

Congrats on the purchase, that's fantastic news. I had a Festiva Trio S (the all important S) as my first car, traded it in on the Focus after 130,000km of not a single hiccup what so ever, I bought it at 80,000km. Fantastic little first car, couldn't have been happier. Was about to start modding it (LOL!!!!) and then I bought the Focus. Many happy years of motoring and hopefully you can gain some info and even potential fun from the Eurofordclub when needed!
Old 08-04-2005, 02:39 PM   #5
kim

Smile

Just got the call from the dealer
I take delivery 10 oclock tomorrow morning (Saturday)
I've got a date with my girlfriend straight after and I haven't told her I'm getting a new car at all! If she only new how much it means to me she would definitly be jealous :
It's a diamond white 3 door LX. AND I AM VERY EXCITED!!!! YEE HARR!!!!!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2005, 02:51 PM   #6
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Haha - is the date with her or the car! :

Make sure you get some pictures up soon too! Of the car too! ;)

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2005, 11:15 PM   #7
kim

Timmeh, Funny you should ask that question.
She wasn't so sure about that either I can tell ya.
Had to sit down with her in the middle of it all, and reasure her, that we were going to have the date as well as me buying a new car for my good self.
After all I have been a good boy :king:
Old 10-04-2005, 02:31 PM   #8
Danny
GT4.

LOL. What is the deal with all these new Fiesta's?
I got mine three days ago. I'm loving it and can honestly say its the best car i've had.
Its appointments and technological refinements are years ahaed of the falcon!

Except for the drum brakes... cough..
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2005, 04:42 PM   #9
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
LOL. What is the deal with all these new Fiesta's?
They're good!

Quote:

Except for the drum brakes... cough..
Wouldn't go that far perhaps, but it IS a premium hatch at a premium price so I guess it is definitely the BMW of small front wheel drive hatches, at least we can all pretend! The one disadvantage/advantage depending on how you look at it is that the RWD only limitation BMW has self imposed means they are limitin themselves to not being able to build a mind blowing little hatch or even 1 series sized hatch. Doubt I'd complain about a 1 series if I had the chance, but there's just those extra limitations on the 1 - meaning versatility, price and packaging wise, they'll never be as flexible or affordable as a fwd of similar size. I like to think of the Focus and Fiesta as what BMW would build if they made FWD's!!!!! Sonmething like that or a Golf/Polo.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:32 PM   #10
Resty
Amon of Focus

hi and welcome
Resty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2005, 02:19 PM   #11
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't mean a BA falcon

I meant my old EF falcon, which it IS years ahead of......
Old 16-04-2005, 10:48 PM   #12
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wheels "said new Fiesta could pass for a baby AUDI" not a bad compliment.
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 05:54 PM   #13
Danny
GT4.

Thats a pretty bloody good compliment actually!
Old 20-04-2005, 07:29 PM   #14
james

One question fellas, Do they come with cruise control or can you option it.

i was going to get a good 2nd hand Futura or Fairmont but i have decided to think with the brain and not the ego. how do they go in auto format.
Old 20-04-2005, 08:21 PM   #15
Danny
GT4.

I read in wheels that one of the many good points of the fiesta is that they have a brilliant automatic, and that its performance is quite reasonable in the auto, so no dramas there.

Also i beleive that in europe they come out in a clutchless manual (not auto tiptronic, but a clutchless sequential manual similar to the alfa Selespeed set up) That would be great if they sold it here!
Old 20-04-2005, 08:34 PM   #16
james

I was looking at the C2 Renault and they have the same deal. its a 5spd man with a elec /hydo clutch. so you take your foot off the accel and move the lever to change gears.

I will test drive one this weekend i think.

Any idea if they come with cruise. ??? or optional
Old 20-04-2005, 11:11 PM   #17
kim

I've got a new 3door manual, I test drove both but the demo auto was a zetec 5door
it was ok but the manual is so smooth and the gear box is really swish. 3rd gear has a really broad range, alot of the time even though you do need to change gear the thing just glides along, but don't listen to me i'm a keen small car manual driver at heart so you'll make up your own mind but treat yourself to driving the manual just to compare.
Good luck, you'll be happy either way. Fiesta is a really tight little thing just wants to go : Ask Danny, he knows, used to drive a falcon to I think. Kim.
Old 21-04-2005, 02:40 AM   #18
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Well, its actually a Citroen C2... and also, the "SensoDrive" on the C2 is aparently really poor... hence why they dont sell many. Also, C2 is a 4 seater.... not 5 like the similarly sized Fiesta. But yea, its totally up to your opinion. The C2 can also be quite expensive.... but due to poor selling volumes, you can probably get a good discount. Its really up to personal choice.... but the majority are getting the Fiesta...
And yea, the Auto i heard does go really well

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2005, 03:05 AM   #19
james

lol yes true it is called Citroen my bad, i will be taking one for a drive on saturday to see how it goes.

I like the look of the fiesta ghia thats about on the money a futura was going to cost me.

Maybe the gf will get the wrong idea if i buy a falc, and i dont want to be a dad just yet lol
Old 21-04-2005, 11:09 AM   #20
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by james
Maybe the gf will get the wrong idea if i buy a falc, and i dont want to be a dad just yet lol
Buy a ute? :
Old 21-04-2005, 05:08 PM   #21
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Why a Ghia? like, the C2 is only a 2 door...

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 21-04-2005, 06:16 PM   #22
Danny
GT4.

Mate I reckon go for the Ghia fiesta over the Futura. Yeah, its probably not as fast as the futura, but its much zippier and willing to rev than the falcon.

Its Ivory, black, and brushed aluminium interior (specailly the Ghia) would be much nicer than the stock grey futura interior, and then theres the advantage on fuel....

$50 gets me A tank of optimax on a bad fuel day! compare that to the falcon, with a total amount of around $70-$80 at the bowser when you ask em to "fill er up!"

-Dan
Old 21-04-2005, 07:50 PM   #23
kim

If you drive a 5door on test : give it a run around 100 k/h and see if it gets the wobble that we've been hearing about.
Sounds like it's only the 5doors that do that thang
Old 21-04-2005, 08:15 PM   #24
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

No one on here has the Ghia.... so im not sure if the Ghia does that. Also, as i said above... if your looking at the C2, why not a Zetec instead of the Ghia? Looks much sportier..

Old 23-04-2005, 10:10 AM   #25
zetec
Zoom Zoom

for the money a 3 door on 16's would be a good proposition against the Citroen.

And NO, there's no cruise option from Ford.
Old 23-04-2005, 07:49 PM   #26
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Come on.... we know you want the fiesta....

Old 24-04-2005, 01:16 PM   #27
Danny
GT4.

:hihi: Yeah, come onn..... Are you afraid????