Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2007, 10:25 AM   #14
phildee

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndArdAU
I put in the Alpine 5x7's, bit silly though as they are very deep and so trying to space them so they don't hit the window sliders meant they now touch the door trim slightly when turned up loud. it's annoying as you can really hear it sometimes. i should've checked before taking them home. Excellent sounding though i would steer clear next time. 5x7 splits
I had the same issue at first with type R splits, was annoying so I ended up cutting some of the support ribs beind the speaker grill and trimming a bit off at the edge all behind the actual grill so you cant see it from the outside. So they no longer touch anything now.

Didn't even think about the depth at first thought they would just drop in, if I knew it was going to be so much work I would have just bought the 6.5" type R's. But now its all sorted i'm happy anyway.
phildee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post