Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 09-01-2007, 12:36 PM   #1
CATFORD
SCALDED CAT

Default 5ltr Power Steering Pump Fitting Leaking!!

Hi guy and gals....just wondering if anyone here has changed the fitting that screws in to the top of the power steering pump ( 5ltr ).....I have got the fitting from ford....and the manual I have doesn't really say how to do it....any info would be great cheers Rory!

Old 09-01-2007, 04:01 PM   #2
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Had to replace mine allso as far as I am aware the pipe & fitting has to be replace as one unit cause the fitting locks on the pipe and carn"t be removed once fitted ( it is the last peice to connect up once you have the pipe in place ) the hole unit cost $140 odd from Ford... my old pipe is still in the shed waiting for a mate from Enzed to look and see if he can make a cheaper alternative ..
P.S you need real long arms to get the pipe back ware it came from or a helper. its a pig of a thing . also don"t clip the fitting on the pipe till it"s back in it original place ..
Cheers Whoosha

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2007, 07:47 PM   #3
CATFORD
SCALDED CAT

Thanks for the info mate....got a price from Ford this morning.....$216...god Ford are a rip off...!!!
Old 09-01-2007, 10:09 PM   #4
gregaust
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Greg always goes out of his way to provide assistance and support to members of AFF. Greg freely shares his knowledge with people who ask for help and often assists them with obtaining parts and repairs.  A great member of the AFF community. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always happy to offer assistance from his own experiences and often posts up photos when someone is having issues finding/locating something they are trying to repair or replace. 

Mate try the old ATP or motospec at 80 webster rd stafford .They supply auto trans and power steer parts .Will be lot less $$than ford 07 38561500 i think is the number
gregaust is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 01:56 AM   #5
56L
a.k.a PAULY

By using a grinder or die grinder ever so carfully grind the old fitting off without hitting the main power steering line ,it takes a while but beats paying $200 odd dollars for a new one
1947 ford thames tipper V8 21 stud flat head
1939 ford beer barrel truck V8 24 stud flat head
HZJ diesel ute
HJ47 diesel ute
56L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 02:30 AM   #6
CATFORD
SCALDED CAT

Thanks for all the info....I will try the die grinder....and if I'm to clumsey I will give the guys at the auto trans place a buzz!!!