Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-12-2006, 01:51 AM   #31
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I'll get a pic soon ... still need to get some more decorations on it though ... still looks kinda bare ... also need to sweep up some of the pine needles that have fallen since i put it up.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2006, 01:55 AM   #32
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

We decorated part of our tree with little ginger bread men. My 6 year old had fun decorating them and hanging them on the tree. Came out the other morning amd noticed the ginger bread men had gone AWOL........ Noticed later on that day that the dog (rotti) was paying an un-natural amout of interest in the chrissy tree.... Bingo.... greedy bloody rotties!!!!
Old 20-12-2006, 01:58 AM   #33
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbackjack
We decorated part of our tree with little ginger bread men. My 6 year old had fun decorating them and hanging them on the tree. Came out the other morning amd noticed the ginger bread men had gone AWOL........ Noticed later on that day that the dog (rotti) was paying an un-natural amout of interest in the chrissy tree.... Bingo.... greedy bloody rotties!!!!
Hahaha thats funny! Well you know what to get him/her for Christmas, dont you? A bag of ginger bread men!!!

My 8 month old just stares at the tree and I can see what he is thinking:

"I have NO idea what that is, but I like it and I would like to just tear into it!!!"

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2006, 02:01 AM   #34
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
Hahaha thats funny! Well you know what to get him/her for Christmas, dont you? A bag of ginger bread men!!!

My 8 month old just stares at the tree and I can see what he is thinking:

"I have NO idea what that is, but I like it and I would like to just tear into it!!!"
The dog has already had her chrissy pressie as far as I am concerned!!! Our cat is not so restrained as your little tacker. He reckons that climbing the tree and playing with the decorations is good fun..... Bloody cats.
Old 20-12-2006, 02:04 AM   #35
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Thank goodness all out pets are outdoor animals only ... none are allowed in the house.
Old 20-12-2006, 02:10 AM   #36
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Thank goodness all out pets are outdoor animals only ... none are allowed in the house.
Our animals spend most of their life in the house. Mainly because when the temp get around 40deg it seems cruel to leave them out side. Now they are just spoilt rotten and take it for granted....
Old 20-12-2006, 02:26 AM   #37
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Only on the extreme hot days (nothing like what you get though) we do let the dog in the back room though (she's still a puppy really) ... it's still cooler than outside.

I couldn't handle having a dog take free reign of the house and trashing it ... LOL
Old 20-12-2006, 02:29 AM   #38
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Only on the extreme hot days (nothing like what you get though) we do let the dog in the back room though (she's still a puppy really) ... it's still cooler than outside.

I couldn't handle having a dog take free reign of the house and trashing it ... LOL
Yes; the old story of treating your dog like a human, they pay you back in kind, by treating you like a dog..... Our pooch is extremly well behaved. She knows that she is on the bottom of the ladder. I think that the ginger bread men was just too much temptation.
Old 20-12-2006, 02:33 AM   #39
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbackjack
Yes; the old story of treating your dog like a human, they pay you back in kind, by treating you like a dog..... Our pooch is extremly well behaved. She knows that she is on the bottom of the ladder. I think that the ginger bread men was just too much temptation.
Ah .... we just acquired a Border Collie 6 month old pup ... not really an inside dog though ... very excitable though. She'd have our house trashed quickly. Although our back-deck is her sleep/feed area ... she seems happy there as it is well sheltered. Rest of the time she chases birds around the paddocks ... LOL
Old 20-12-2006, 02:34 AM   #40
GREGXR8
SHOCKWAVE MK11 BA XR8

heres the tree and tv cabinet, my daughter decorates the whole house at christmas.
GREGXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2006, 02:36 AM   #41
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Ah .... we just acquired a Border Collie 6 month old pup ... not really an inside dog though ... very excitable though. She'd have our house trashed quickly. Although our back-deck is her sleep/feed area ... she seems happy there as it is well sheltered. Rest of the time she chases birds around the paddocks ... LOL
Nice dogs border collies. They are at the opposite end of the energy scale to rotties... :hihi:
Old 20-12-2006, 02:41 AM   #42
GREGXR8
SHOCKWAVE MK11 BA XR8

i just turned around and took this of the dog, hes got it a bit too good.
GREGXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2006, 04:02 AM   #43
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
Well as promised... here is mine... Red and gold as planned. Looks poo with the flash at night though, must get a better pic in daylight!
Your gold ribbons/bows look better than ours :(
Must re-position them.
JADED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2006, 08:20 AM   #44
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADED6
Your gold ribbons/bows look better than ours :(
Must re-position them.
Hey Chris! How are things with you guys?

Dont talk to me about those bows! I went to Spotlight, bought 9875294 metres of gold satin ribbin, cream ribbon with a border and red ribbon. Then I sat there most of last night cutting them and tieing them. I have no idea how to make nice bows and with that stuff it was a struggle. Still, they are done now!

I didnt really position them at all actually, I just stuffed everything on the tree!!! Hahahaha.

And dont talk to me about pampered animals either... that is another story!!!

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2006, 01:41 PM   #45
dazAUSR
...safer in park....

this is ours... : [IMG][/IMG]

MODS so far: Team Poly Smart Bar, Heavy Duty Tow Bar & Electric Antenna.
dazAUSR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2007, 09:54 AM   #46
belz82
two goldfish & a balloon

Ok, here's our tree.. i know it's after Christmas, but Smciner1 asked me to post a piccy. So here it is

(we upgraded this year, from a 3' tall fibre optic, to a 7' tall fibre optic)

One pic is with lights on, the other with lights off
Attached Images
File Type: jpg christmastree.JPG (74.1 KB, 74 views)
belz82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post