Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 08-12-2005, 10:23 AM   #31
MADDER
FF.com.au SAAB Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by focuslxsilver
Looks like l am in the market now for a new car.. maybe get a vw golf tdi
It's a real pity that you've had to go through all this crap. I would suggest both Ford and the dealer are accountable for the state of the car, despite any finger pointing. There is no doubt that the transporters do treat the cars poorly as well as the dealers. In this case the car may well have left the factory sub-standard and been further damaged during shipping, holding, trucking and display.

I inspected my ute soon after it got off the truck. One alloy had already been badly scraped. Another XR6 sedan had massive front panel and bumper damage. Do you think the dealer would send it back? And if they did do you think Ford would assume responsibility? It would be buck passing to the point that nobody was guilty.

I have unfortunatley read of similar experiences in relation to the Golf though. In one case the car would seem to have arrived damaged and it got patched up locally as there is no way to send it back. Got delivered to a customer that didn't find out til sometime later when they noticed some crook alignment. A VW forum has a thread of Aust delivered cars that have surface rust already in ridiculous places. This is something that can't be blamed on the dealer.

Anyway well done for taking the time to inspect the car, standing your ground and not accepting delivery!

Good luck with whatever you finally decide upon.

Now = 2006 SAAB 9-3 SportCombi with Heated Seats
MADDER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2005, 02:56 PM   #32
guym

I wonder what happens to the car now, do they use it as a demo then sell it as such, return it or off load it to someone else who doesn't take the time to inspect it properly.

Zetec as you work for Ford you might have an insite on this one.

Focuslxsilver I congratulate you on taking the time to inspec the vehicle before delivery and sticking to your guns over it. Must admit I have never done this myself. Hope you get you refund back ok.

Maybe I am biased because I know a few people from South Africa but I have had concerns about the the standard of workmanship from there and unfortunatley some of these stories are not helping. Then again it is a new vehicle.

Got to say sorry to Ford and any other car maker I will take any South African built car of my buying list until I here better news.
guym is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2005, 08:51 AM   #33
christos75
Starter Motor

Well, I just bought a new LX focus sedan in pure silver yesterday. My first preference was titanium grey but they said that would take months to get and that they had a pure silver in stock. I will probably be taking delivery of it next week but now I am wondering if it is the car that has been discussed about here that they are trying to offload to me. Wouldn't that be funny? I'll be taking a printout of all your problems along with me and do a thorough inspection.
christos75 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 10:49 AM   #34
focuslxsilver

Good luck with your focus.. hope it was not mine ..

Well i did get my refund.. ended up also getting a full refund out of my insurance company.

Well christos.. check the car throughout. The most noticable would be the front bumber strips and you could also tell the crows feet was repaired by the rear bumber having a lot more orange peel than the other panels.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2006, 11:34 PM   #35
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by guym
I wonder what happens to the car now, do they use it as a demo then sell it as such, return it or off load it to someone else who doesn't take the time to inspect it properly.

Zetec as you work for Ford you might have an insite on this one.
No idea, this is a Dealer issue so I'd have no more idea than you on what happens to it honestly.
Old 27-01-2006, 07:21 PM   #36
FocusLX06

I just got my focus 2 days ago and there are some minor problems with it. The glove box doesn't stay shut (just falls open now and then), the dealership screwed the number plate on crooked, and the internals aren't all put on properly after the rust proofing. Some are the dealers fault and some is not, but it's all getting fixed for free soon.
Old 30-01-2006, 12:46 AM   #37
buickman
buickman

I've read nothing but good reports on the LS Focus. The Mazda 3 & Focus are the best in their class. I've looked at a couple in dealers & they appeared in excellent condition. Maybe that was a dud & you should look at another dealer.
In saying that I got flogged of by a arrogant Ford Salesman when I was looking at buying a LR Zetec model Focus. Would not negotiate the price & informed me they are the biggest sellers overseas & would be here? His attitude sent me to Mazda to purchase a SP20 for my wife as the Mazda 3 were about to arrive in show rooms & Mazda gave some great deals. I looked at the Golfs nice car but overpriced.
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 04:46 PM   #38
NGN 351
FoMoCo Fan

Default hassles with dealers

you guys and girls that are having hassles with dealers, can i ask are they city dealers ??? my guess is they would be. from my experience country dealers cant afford to shaft anyone as they rely on repeat business where as city dealers just rely on floor traffic and if they shaft a person here or there they dont car as there are plenty more punters out there. in the "bush" if you shaft one person the whole district hears about it which isnt to good for future dealing but in the city there are lots of people.
i am not saying that there arent good dealers and sales staff in some metro dealerships but in the bush at least you will get old fashioned service,courtesy and no game playing !!!
NGN 351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 12:22 AM   #39
newfocusman
Starter Motor

Angry Holy ****

i hope someone can help, but i have an feb06 build Pure Silver LS LX hatch, this last friday, i was cruising along the freeway in the fastlane with cruise on (as you do) but when i came to disengage cruise (b/c of a new speed limit) the little red light came on accompanied with beeping and the imformaton centre readout displayed -engine management fault. WOW i here you say BUT, the car immediatley lost power and i thought it would be in 'limp home mode' allowing me to accelerate, but no- it died. all with a semi just a couple of car lengths behind with no right hand shoulder- so forced and immediate left accross 3 lanes to get to shoulder where it coughed and spluttered and stopped.

Ford cannot find a fault and have 'sent request to HO' is the response. i feel it is unsafe and put me into a clear danger zone.

AS well i am told it is quiet common for this model to be hard to start on occassion, which mine has 4 times. apparently it is on the fix list within FORD. Apparently it already appears in updated manual for the car (pg 114)- so it is a known fault.
i find this unacceptable for a 6 month old car with 10,000klm on the clock.

it has now just started to exibit the creaks as it goes over he driveway, speedhumps. it just the suspension or something else
newfocusman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 09:50 AM   #40
Conquest_Tsi

Default Starting Probs

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfocusman
i hope someone can help, but i have an feb06 build Pure Silver LS LX hatch, this last friday, i was cruising along the freeway in the fastlane with cruise on (as you do) but when i came to disengage cruise (b/c of a new speed limit) the little red light came on accompanied with beeping and the imformaton centre readout displayed -engine management fault. WOW i here you say BUT, the car immediatley lost power and i thought it would be in 'limp home mode' allowing me to accelerate, but no- it died. all with a semi just a couple of car lengths behind with no right hand shoulder- so forced and immediate left accross 3 lanes to get to shoulder where it coughed and spluttered and stopped.

Ford cannot find a fault and have 'sent request to HO' is the response. i feel it is unsafe and put me into a clear danger zone.

AS well i am told it is quiet common for this model to be hard to start on occassion, which mine has 4 times. apparently it is on the fix list within FORD. Apparently it already appears in updated manual for the car (pg 114)- so it is a known fault.
i find this unacceptable for a 6 month old car with 10,000klm on the clock.

it has now just started to exibit the creaks as it goes over he driveway, speedhumps. it just the suspension or something else
Mine is a july build with 2800kms on the clock and already theres been 2 times where ive had starting issues (flat surfaces with 1/4 tank).
Its not like ford havnt had time to address this issue, for a new car to have this issue i think is totally unacceptable .
Conquest_Tsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 10:16 AM   #41
Marshy79

When i had the XR5 in getting the underneath of the doors resprayed... i took the car to the paint guys myself.
Those guys said that the normal SA Focus, the paint is normally very bad and its quite common to find dirt and grit painted into the panels.

Thats one thing to look out for when picking up your normal focus people.

Ford will respray the effected areas of course, as Australian excpected quality is much higher than SA's.
Marshy79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post