Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 10-10-2006, 08:03 PM   #1
Uni

Default Rough Idling

sitting on a slight incline at the lights, handbrake on, car in neutral, the roughness started and was barely noticeable, but got progressively worse, so much so that i had to rev the engine to stop it from stalling. it's currenly running 95 octane fuel. on inclines afterwards i could not notice any similar symptoms

im wondering if the focus has a design fault where the pick up in the fuel tank doesnt work properly at certain slight inclines.. it might explain why a few people on here who park on a slight hill have been experiencing some difficulty in starting their focii

Uni/.

Uni is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 08:19 PM   #2
zetec
Zoom Zoom

LR or LS Focus, just to assist those who don't know?
Old 10-10-2006, 09:33 PM   #3
Uni

Ah of course, terribly sorry, it's an LS CL

Uni/.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:57 PM   #4
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uni

im wondering if the focus has a design fault where the pick up in the fuel tank doesnt work properly at certain slight inclines.. it might explain why a few people on here who park on a slight hill have been experiencing some difficulty in starting their focii

Uni/.
Its getting worse as you run lower on fuel?

I actually had the car stall with 10 litres left of Optimax extreme in the tank idleing on a slight incline. I had to roll the car sort of backward and turning the wheel to get the nose pointed downhill. Started fine after that.. Its fuel pickup problem guarenteed.

If my Focus pump dies I'm putting in a higher pressure aftermarket, and bring a small line and its filter from the pump to the middle of the tank.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 10:59 PM   #5
Uni

nah its got about 3/4 of a tank in it.. maybe there's some crap on the pickup mesh which settled after it was parked and dislodged again once i started moving?

Uni/.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:56 PM   #6
karl74

With so many fuel related problems you would think Ford have a solution.
karl74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2006, 09:40 AM   #7
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl74
With so many fuel related problems you would think Ford have a solution.
Keyword =THINK

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2006, 10:58 AM   #8
whippet_zetec
Supes

cant say Ive had any of these issues with my LR FOCUS... :P