Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2006, 08:01 PM   #1
Mangi
Mangi

Default From Factory AU Fuel surge problem

Hi this is my first Thread so firstly hi to all.
I have a AU Xr6 series III
Basically ok at anything below 1/2 a tank if i push hard around a corner or i plant my foot and accelerate hard the engine just cuts out for about 1 second then it kicks in again. The engine is still runing but no go as if there is not enough fuel reaching it. It happens when the fuel in the tank is moving around too much.
I spoke to Brendan mock and he said that this is a out of the factory problem and there was a handfull that this happened to and it was worst in the series III. He has been unable to solve the problem but he believes he might but wants to be paid for the labour time he spends trying to figure it out... around 2 days and the $1000 mark just to figure it out then prob materials as well on top.
If any one has had this problem and fixed it or knows how or who can fix it and also prehaps how much this would cost it will a great great help!!!!!!!
Also if anyone else has this problem and wants to get it fixed then maybe we could get people together and all pull together to get this problem fixed!!!!

Any help will be very much appreciated as it is annoying the hell outta me!!!!!

Mangi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post