Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-08-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
Yuecwy
Starter Motor

Unhappy 2012 Ford Focus 1.6 Auto

Hi Guys, I am new to this forum.
I purchased a 2012 Focus 1.6 Auto 6 months ago, and it has been a sweet car and now done 5900 km.

And there is 2 problems that I hope you guys can give me some opinion about.

Ever since the car had done 5000km, I started hearing some noise when driving up a hill / on flat road.

OK. Not sure if the noise has been there since I have it, but 100% sure the noise is getting VERY noticable now.

I tested a few times and discovered that the noise comes out the most when the car is driving between 55-65 KM and the RPM is below 2000. So as long as I acceralate the car and RMP goes over 2000, the noise goes away.
And the noise problem is sort of MINIMISED when switcth to Sport Mode.

Went to the NewOakFord(where i bought the car) service centre today, and the reception guy assures me that its very normal and because the car is just 1.6.

OK. BUT my question is : Why the noise happens after 5000 km but not at the begining ? That guy insists my car is operating normally and the noise is normal too. I am frastrated and wondering what I can do now.

I have done some research online, and people says it is the "feature" of powershift transmission. BUT this doesn't explain why it happens after 5000 km.....

I also ask if there is any update for the powershift transmission and that guy says NOOOOOOOOOOO.

I found online there is an update related at the end of last year.

A rattle in the centre console, it just sounds like plastic is not stick firmly. Can I ask ford to repair that for me?

Have any of you experienced these problems? What should I do now?

Sorry I am very inexperiened about car, any help would be apprecaited!!
And I don't know how to deal with the ford service people... seems so hard to get them to check my CAR

Yuecwy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post