Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-2012, 09:25 PM   #1
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 
Default au1 i6 ecu stuffed after being wet?

G'day guys, happy easter to all! as the title says, once the ecu gets wet are they gone or once theyve dried out back to normal? My ecu got wet a couple times and it runs ok with a little miss at idle which i diagnosed as faulty no 1/6 cylinder post on the coil- primary reading at 1.2 ohms, my workshop manual says to ditch coil pack with any readings above 1.0 ohms (spec is 0.6 ohms) bad spark on no 1#, good spark on no 6#. After taping up the connector plug on the coil & loom ive found water getting into the passenger side dripping on top of the ecu causing the motor to run rough until it dries it self out. I will be goin mad this weekend with the silastic up under there, especially were the antenna wire comes in through the guard and the big seam next to it. i dont wont to replace the coil pack only to find out the ecu is damaged due to it being wet in the past then stuffing a new coilpack. Imho its true to say if your ecu gets wet (when driving or motor running) it will stuff your coil pack eventually. If you've been through all of the above and got a opinion i'd be happy to hear it.

cheers,Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post