Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-01-2012, 09:49 PM   #1
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

Default Has AU Falcon scared off Ford from ever doing another BOLD Falcon

Does anyone else think that the very unpopular AU Falcon styling has scared Ford Australia from ever doing a radical styling update of the Falcon. I followed an FG Falcon and a VE2 Commodore today driving side by side and i hate to admit it but the commodore still looks good and its lack of styling changes since 2006 has probably done it more good than harm. I think Holden would have trouble doing an update that didn't look worse than what they have hence why they have left it alone. The FG shape in comparsion is very soft in the styling stakes mainly from the rear view. My question is has unpopular AU Falcon styling still being felt today in the design we see with the FG due to FORD AUS being very aware of what one more unpopular Falcon would do to the future of FORD AUS manufacturering. I know we can all be a bit one eyed on this forum regarding the Falcon but the VE Commodore has proven the test of time and will probably go down as one of the best commodores in there history for numerous reasons. FG while a great car and probably the the Best Falcon to date i dont think it went forward with its design over BF. I would have liked to see Ford AUS have had the guts to do a completely new and BOLD design for FG to truely blow us away. They proved they could do it with the BA in 2002. I have trouble telling a BF2 and FG from the front as they both had the same style front lights. I really believe the AU Falcon still has the guys at Ford too scared to really depart from what they know and put it out there.