Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2011, 07:22 AM   #1
happy1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default WA Barbagello Raceway - noise issues

Hi,
I live 4 km from Barbagello Raceway in Perth, and this weekend the noise from the ongoing 'Powercruise Promotions' event has really been disturbing.

Fast cars does not have to be noisy! And if it continues like this without the WASCC trying to do something with the noise, then the racetrack will probably soon be 'politically incorrect' in Wanneroo.

I'm not sure how the WASCC is policing their noise regulations? Probably just some random measurements, and some 'buddy' favours to let someone start even if their car is above the allowed motorsports noise limit.

This weekend has been worse than when the V8 supercup visited Barbagello, this indicates to me that the private cars participating in 'Powercruise' are trying to be as noisy as possible.. not trying to install a few mufflers on their cars.

I'm also interested in motorsports, and not trying to make trouble for WASCC, however when the number of houses even closer to the track than my house is increasing rapidly, then the racetrack management should really try to do something about it, as it will clearly turn in to a more serious problem very soon.

I am proposing a racetrack starting fee based on noise measurement. The more quiet a car is, the less starting fee they should pay. The noisy ones should pay for example $50 'noise tax' per day, (even if they are within the motorsports maximum noise limit) This would soon be an incentive to install a few mufflers on their cars, which in the long run would help WASCC to be able to keep the track open into the future.

I haven't looked at how many decibel would be a sensible level, however today's noise level is clearly unacceptable, and I believe it will soon lead to political problems and an uncertain future for the racetrack.

There are probably somewhere above 500 houses that have the same or more noise as I have, and probably another 1000 houses outside this 4km circle that can hear the noise pollution in the background when they are outdoors at their houses.

Interesting to hear others thoughts on this
Cheers

Last edited by happy1; 15-04-2018 at 02:23 AM.