Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2011, 12:00 PM   #1
whiskers
gone fishing

Exclamation why does this keep coming on?

hey everyone It's been a long time since I posted here sorry about that but life gets in the way sometimes.

Anyway I hope someone here can shed some light on this for me, latley when I first start the car a 99 forte sedan (cold start) this light is flashing at me it has been doing it since new, I have taken it in to ford (under warrenty) sometime ago but was told that it isn't hooked up to anything, also I had a look in the service book that came with the car and looked up to see what the symbol meant, it's for the low level water for the water cooling tank or so I was told I know that this model hasn't got the connections for the tank, I have fitted a new tank a few years back and there is defineatly no wires to connect a sensor to.

The car is getting hard to start since this light/symbol has been falshing at me, the car seems to hesitate and then catch like a flat battery or battery going flat but I know the battery is ok. the attached pic is with the car running I had just started it.

Any and all help will be very appreciated.

Cheers and thanks
whiskers

Attached Images
File Type: jpg car_1 shrunk.jpg (60.7 KB, 72 views)