Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-05-2011, 07:46 PM   #1
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Default Cake creation

I am no cake boss, but I took today off from work and made my fiance her Birthday cake.

I was lazy and had the local bakery make me the sponge. But I filled and decorated it, with help from my 5yr old when she got home.

The filling which you can't see is is in rings. I made a chocolate and white chocolate mousse (from scratch, have my mums all time best recipe and for white choc I just didn't add the extra sugar I would normally use for the dark chocolate)

So I cut the sponge in half and piped a ring of chocolate mousse. Then I made a ring of fresh sliced strawberries (god they are expensive atm, but it is my fiance birthday after all), then piped a ring of white choc, then strawberries, then a final piping of chocolate mousse.

I then put the top on and put it back in the fridge for 2hrs. Whilst it was in the fridge I made a Chocolate ganache using lindt swiss chocolate.

So 2 hours passed and I took out the cake and cut the top off, I then put the chocolate ganache around the outside of the cake, then dusted that with white chocolate I grated. The chocolate became statically charged in when I used my grating container and it was flying everywhere when I took the lid off.

I then put chocolate mousse on the top and my daughter (with assistance) piped the white choc mousse into those rosette things. Then half strawberries between each rosette and then my awesome piping skills did the writing lol.

All up it took me 4hrs of messing around making things, refrigerating etc. Now I get to do the dishes. So happy birthday to my fiance. I hope she likes it when she returns tomorrow. Wish I had left the writing off. If this is wrong section mods please move.

Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post