Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-02-2009, 02:11 PM   #1
FordFan86
meow

Default Job Wanted: Adelaide

Greetings all, just thought I'd throw this out here, worth a shot I figure, career one and other job advertising sites don't seem very helpful right now.

I've just graduated with a degree in Forensic & Analytical Chemistry however I've decided to take a year off mainly because I plan to go overseas for 4-6 weeks & go back to Uni next year to get a degree in teaching (rather teach yr 12 chemistry than be stuck in a lab all day).

I'm currently working back dock/night fill at Big W, pays is pretty good as a casual (~$20 an hour, was making +200% loading during Christmas.... at like 5am in the morning) however being casual and with some workers returning from holidays and such I知 not sure I値l be working as much as I can or want to.
When/if I go PPT it will only be 4-5 hours a night with me waiting by the phone hoping to be called early....
I've had 5 years in a service station, could basically manage the place, been at Big W for about 4 months now.

I'm after any sort of unskilled/semi skilled labour, I obtained a forklift certificate through Big W.
Console operator, storeman, customer service, helping tradies lift stuff (I'm 6'4")... I can do a bit of 2nd fix (eaves) from some experience with a neighbour and uncle throughout the past few years, cleaning etc etc.
I'm basically after anything that pays and requires little or no skill but I'm a really fast learner and I work extremely hard no matter what I'm doing (my references will attest to that) so throw your ideas at me.

If anyone knows of anyone or anything in Adelaide (I'm located by Moana, the CBD is as far as I知 willing to travel, work down this way would be a great) that may help please give us a buzz...
I'm sick of rocking up at interviews and having them say like well you may be tired from your night job, or you're not flexible enough.... I wouldn稚 be looking for a 2nd job if I couldn't handle it or flex my hours a touch... doesn't me searching for a 2nd job show any sort of motivation to begin with anyway??!!?
I'm mainly after weekend work (both days) and late morning/early arvo work but anything that can fit around my current hours would be a plus.
I can send a resume to anyone who PM's me asking...

Thanks,
James.

Last edited by FordFan86; 22-02-2009 at 02:22 PM.
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post