Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2008, 03:45 PM   #1
Centurion
Fiesta LX

Angry New Fiesta...one key with remote = WTF?!

Subject says it all. Bought a new Fiesta last week and surprise, surprise, the tight wads at Ford HQ decided to only sell it with one key that has the remote features! WTF?! Anyway, spoke with the dealer, explained my disappointment, they said, "No worries, new key $209 but with cutting and encoding comes to $290-ish".

<RANT>
Erm. What the f%#king f%#k are they talking about?! I had to replace a key for a Camry (similar embedded remote+key), $80. My old man bought a similar key for his Verada, $90. Friend in Sydeny had to replace a key for his Citroen, $90. So what on God's green earth are Ford trying to do?! A friend of mine in England bought a Fiesta outside London only 3 weeks ago and got 2 keys with remotes, plus the servicing key! Geez.
</RANT>

Ok, rant over, the dealer suggested importing a key myself from Europe/UK. Sounds like a recipe for ye olde "sorry mate, didn't buy it in Oz, we can't cut or encode it" kinda deal. Anyone gone this route? Would I be better off just copping it to the tune of $300 and getting a key from the dealer?

Cheers,

James

PS - The XR6T is no more... :( Long and sad story.