Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-07-2008, 10:52 PM   #11
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_Phill
250K is ridiculous for any site. Regardless if most people have ADSL or not, thats like site-suicide having a logo that big.

If you were going to go that route, it would be best to keep them all JPG's and use a rotating script that has nothing to do with a gif. The script calls random images no matter what they are, from a specific list.

I would suggest who ever does it, if it gets done, to do it properly, or hire someone who can actually do it, to do it. Images that aren't cropped out properly, and are chopped off, blurry and skewed as they currently are don't look very professional.

Hi Mate

I read this reply and thought, well - what a rude tossa, then had a look at the user name and remembered that I did meet you some time ago and your not really a tossa at all...

Might be the tone, the lack of body language and all in the post, but rather than take on board what your saying I tend to ignore it.

The banner has served its purpose well, regardless of its imperfections, but the chances of us paying someone to redesign it are slim to none.

Hopefully the talent on this site can help when the time calls for it, some of those users that take for granted the effort it takes to run the site can still sit back in their own warmth of ignorant bliss, whilst others can go out on a limb and offer either constructive criticism or actual solutions.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post