Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2007, 01:37 PM   #1
redrkt
Starter Motor

Default My Tune up Experience

I have a black BA Mk II XR8 ute as you can see in my Avtar. Before i took this down to Blue Power i had already done a few modifacations to the ute.

These were:

Installed a full Herrod Exhaust System and had the rear resonator removed (Makes more noise this way)
Installed the Helix Throttle Body Spacer
Installed a wide mouthed Cold Air Induction System
Had 19" Rims fitted to the ute
Had the ute lowered (3" at the rear and 2" at the front) to make it sit nice and level.

I drove down to Melbourne on the Friday and dropped the ute off to Chris. When he initially put the ute on the Dyno it was making 212 kW at the rear wheels. After Chris did his initial tune on the ute he got this power up to 226 kW at the wheels. I spoke to Chris at length about this and he advised me that he thought that the cold air induction system that i had installed on the ute was still causing restrictions.
He told me that he would try one of his airboxes on the ute and that if it did not show significant increases in power that he would remove this. After the airbox was installed and the tune re-done on the ute the power jumped from 226 kW at the wheels to 235 kW!! When Chris rang me and told me of this i told him to leave the airbox on. It showed an increase of 8 kW at the wheels going from a cold air induction system to one of his airboxes.
When i picked the ute up and took it for a drive i could not belive how much better the ute felt to drive and how much you could notice the increase in power!!
Fuel economy in the ute has degraded marginally but i suspect that is down to the way that i am driving it, not for any other reason!!
Next thing for the ute will be a change in diff for the ute to see if i can find better down power or at least make it feel like it does...

I just wanted to say a big THANKS Chris for the work that you did on the ute and for all the advice that you gave me (understanding the dyno sheets and stuff). Truly was a great experience and will be back to see you soon... (Might even have to look at a blower!!)

Cheers,

Phill..
:

redrkt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post