Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-11-2006, 07:42 PM   #1
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default 4 speed auto strength?

Some of you may know, some of you wont but i am currently in the early (very early) stage of turbo-ing the fairmont.

Ok i have sorted all the prices out with the engine side of things but i am curious as to how far i will need to go at strengthening the 4spd auto.

I have been told that the gearbox in the AU's is rather strong and can handle a lot of power, but im not too sure how much. We have worked out that with the setup we are aiming for it will get around 350rwkw on 12ish psi. I know that with this sort of power i will last maybe one launch and then have to pick up peices of the box for the past quatre mile..

I have seen a few AU's with a lot of power with the stock box and have no problems, just not sure how long they will last..

Just curious as to how nuts i will have to go from other people experiences to handle this much power?

Future fun: 1968 Ford Galaxie 500

ten[A]cio[U]s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post