Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 20-05-2015, 09:30 PM   #1
Pooj
Starter Motor

Default Hogs breath badge

Hi guys,
I have been trying for some time to track down one of the Hogs Breath grille badges for my Au. I've just found a thread on it but no mention on where to get one. It was an old thread but can anyone point me in the right direction of where to get one, or does anyone have one I can buy please?

Cheers......Pete! 👍🏼😎
Old 20-05-2015, 10:04 PM   #2
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Default Re: Hogs breath badge

What are these? Seen ford badges replaced by the angry pink hog. A promotional badge or company car badge ?
Old 20-05-2015, 10:11 PM   #3
Ruination

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
What are these? Seen ford badges replaced by the angry pink hog. A promotional badge or company car badge ?
It replaced the Ford badge on the 888 racing Falcons a few years back.
2 users like this post:
Old 20-05-2015, 10:13 PM   #4
XR8putts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooj View Post
Hi guys,
I have been trying for some time to track down one of the Hogs Breath grille badges for my Au. I've just found a thread on it but no mention on where to get one. It was an old thread but can anyone point me in the right direction of where to get one, or does anyone have one I can buy please?

Cheers......Pete! 👍🏼😎
No.

Just no.
Old 20-05-2015, 10:25 PM   #5
Pooj
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8putts View Post
No.

Just no.
Lol ok, I guess you're trying to say that's a "NO" then. 😎
This user likes this post:
Old 21-05-2015, 10:15 AM   #6
XR8putts

Quote:
Lol ok, I guess you're trying to say that's a "NO" then. 😎
Didn't mean to be rude, it's just that Ford built your car. Not Hog's Breath Cafe. And unless Hog's Breath are paying you (like they paid the tossers at 888), I can't see why you would want to advertise their crappy restaurant by covering up the Ford badge that some Aussie stuck to that car with pride when he built it.

Won't somebody think of the children??
4 users like this post:
Old 21-05-2015, 05:18 PM   #7
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Didn't mean to be rude, it's just that Ford built your car. Not Hog's Breath Cafe. And unless Hog's Breath are paying you (like they paid the tossers at 888), I can't see why you would want to advertise their crappy restaurant by covering up the Ford badge that some Aussie stuck to that car with pride when he built it.

Won't somebody think of the children??
He did. The children are hungry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINKY NINJA View Post
Ford wouldnt fund the cars so they removed the badges for their preferred sponsor,makes perfect sense!
Why would you parade around advertising a company who refuses to sponsor you...
Absolutely especially when you hand that sponsor 3 consecutive Bathurst titles, and 2 (Well on their way to the first) Championship wins in how long? Then keep funding 2 race teams that did didly squat with their backing pretty much up until they pulled funding completely.

Anyway, I digress. I dont think they will be available now, T8 did sell them in 09 to replace your ford badge, but as said above, only for B & F Series. You would have to get them made up for AU. You need to find a good clear picture of one, and take it to a sign writer to get printed up and affixed to a standard ford badge.

Although, there was an ebay member that sold black Ford badges awhile ago (3+ years) so maybe it can be made from scratch.

This bloke does XR badges to replace the original ford ones, maybe he can do something for you.

http://www.ebay.com.au/cln/steve6274...%3D2%26pid%3D1
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.

Last edited by Revolver; 21-05-2015 at 05:30 PM.
Old 21-05-2015, 09:35 AM   #8
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i tried to buy some for my AU back when the 888/ford issues were happening. but i could only ever find the in B series or F series sizes from memory. The AU badges were a different size and the ones available wouldn't fit
Old 21-05-2015, 10:34 AM   #9
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

4 posts and looking for Hogs badges for his Ford ?? Must have Chev badges on his VN...

Never saw one on a road car until yesterday. How many years ago did they make them??
Old 21-05-2015, 12:20 PM   #10
Pooj
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpursuit05 View Post
4 posts and looking for Hogs badges for his Ford ?? Must have Chev badges on his VN...

Never saw one on a road car until yesterday. How many years ago did they make them??
I don't see how 4 posts has anything to do with my question. The reason I asked for one had nothing to do with hogs breath or racing. I have been a mad keen pig hunter all my life & I still do it. I am 59yrs old and still fit. I want the badge simply because of what it is, a pig badge. I also don't own a VN or any other commodore/Holden. I don't understand why you had to be so sarcastic towards another member or just another Aussie for that case? I asked in a polite & civil way for this item & that is just how I am. I am sorry if I offended anyone by asking for this. Cheers.........Pete!
4 users like this post:
Old 21-05-2015, 12:31 PM   #11
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Quote:
I don't see how 4 posts has anything to do with my question. The reason I asked for one had nothing to do with hogs breath or racing. I have been a mad keen pig hunter all my life & I still do it. I am 59yrs old and still fit. I want the badge simply because of what it is, a pig badge. I also don't own a VN or any other commodore/Holden. I don't understand why you had to be so sarcastic towards another member or just another Aussie for that case? I asked in a polite & civil way for this item & that is just how I am. I am sorry if I offended anyone by asking for this. Cheers.........Pete!
Pooj,

The difficulty with your post and question is the absence of images.

You will be much better served by showing (rather than telling us) what you want.

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
Old 21-05-2015, 12:40 PM   #12
Pooj
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuthin' fancy View Post
Pooj,

The difficulty with your post and question is the absence of images.

You will be much better served by showing (rather than telling us) what you want.
I'm sorry, I have tried twice to upload the pic but it just won't let me. It is within the size limit so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. As a computer nerd I make a good pig hunter. 😎
Old 21-05-2015, 12:39 PM   #13
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Quote:
Mate, there was nothing wrong with what you said at all,its a very reasonable request,some people on here will have a dig just for the hell of it because they are rude people who force their ideas onto others.
Its just how it is on this forum.
Have you tried ebay?
Old 21-05-2015, 12:46 PM   #14
Pooj
Starter Motor

Quote:
Mate, there was nothing wrong with what you said at all,its a very reasonable request,some people on here will have a dig just for the hell of it because they are rude people who force their ideas onto others.
Its just how it is on this forum.
Have you tried ebay?
Thanks for that, I don't like upsetting anyone. I have tried eBay & every other method to find one but I guess I'll keep looking and asking around. You never know, one might pop up one day. I've only ever seen one for real & it was on an AU ute, that's the pic I have. At least a can say I touched one, lol. 😄
Old 21-05-2015, 12:41 PM   #15
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Quote:

Is there a certain post limit on asking certain questions or are you just being rude to this poor bloke!
Old 21-05-2015, 01:29 PM   #16
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Is there a certain post limit on asking certain questions or are you just being rude to this poor bloke!
I'm trying ascertain if he was yet another **** stirring hit run merchant with a hidden agenda. If your to slow to notice they usually have a low post count and disappear soon after. They also usually start with a post related to something negative towards Ford. IIRC, Hogster badges and 888 weren't exactly embraced here at the time...or now, hence the negativity.

Apologies if your offended Pooj. You can **** yourself Ninja.
Old 21-05-2015, 05:36 PM   #17
Pooj
Starter Motor

Quote:
I'm trying ascertain if he was yet another **** stirring hit run merchant with a hidden agenda. If your to slow to notice they usually have a low post count and disappear soon after. They also usually start with a post related to something negative towards Ford. IIRC, Hogster badges and 888 weren't exactly embraced here at the time...or now, hence the negativity.

No I'm not a troll, ****** stirrer or any other kind of numb nut, just an old fella looking for a badge. I don't get on here much because I work two jobs & rarely have much time to myself. I've been fixing this AU up for a town car & also to run my grandkids around in, as I only have a ute.
Cheers.........Pete! 👍🏼😎
3 users like this post:
Old 23-05-2015, 01:43 AM   #18
TRRTRY

Quote:

You're the knob mate
Old 23-05-2015, 09:35 AM   #19
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRRTRY View Post
You're the knob mate

Your a knob too......now what?
Old 21-05-2015, 11:25 AM   #20
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was in 2009 I believe.

They were a limited run, 500 from memory, and were snapped up super fast.

Will be hard to track one down and it wont be a new one.
Love or hate the reason they exist, they are somewhat of a collectors piece.

wikipedia :
Quote:
In 2009 following Ford's decision to withdraw support from all teams other than Ford Performance Racing and Stone Brothers Racing, the Ford logos on the front of the cars were replaced by a stylised pink pigs head, referring to the Hog's Breath Cafe, one of the team sponsors. The team ran new FG Falcons.

Last edited by ford71V8; 21-05-2015 at 11:29 AM. Reason: wrong info
Old 21-05-2015, 12:03 PM   #21
XR8putts

888 also refused to acknowledge the cars they were driving were Fords or even Falcons, instead referring to them as Hogsters.

They went on to win the Championship in the Ford and then took the no #1 sticker and slapped it on a Holden the following year.
3 users like this post:
Old 21-05-2015, 12:57 PM   #22
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Quote:
888 also refused to acknowledge the cars they were driving were Fords or even Falcons, instead referring to them as Hogsters.

They went on to win the Championship in the Ford and then took the no #1 sticker and slapped it on a Holden the following year.
Ford wouldnt fund the cars so they removed the badges for their preferred sponsor,makes perfect sense!
2 users like this post:
Old 21-05-2015, 01:49 PM   #23
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Based on that argument I take it you've never worn any clothing advertising products or companies who aren't paying you??
Old 21-05-2015, 04:07 PM   #24
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:

There are enough letters in the badges 'GHIA' 'FALCON' 'FUTURA' 'TERRITORY' 'TS' to put together a convincing HOGSTER badge
Old 21-05-2015, 12:45 PM   #25
STINKY NINJA
Banned

It really ****** me off,you ask a legit question and stirrers are jumping on the chance just to be a smart ****,typical of this forum,something needs to be done about it...
3 users like this post:
Old 21-05-2015, 01:08 PM   #26
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

Any Ford fan would easily remember the badge in the grille, why should he have to post a picture up? And what's with the negativity? Mummy didn't give you the boob after 6 months?
Old 22-05-2015, 08:21 PM   #27
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX335 View Post
Any Ford fan would easily remember the badge in the grille, why should he have to post a picture up? And what's with the negativity? Mummy didn't give you the boob after 6 months?
This Ford Fan has no idea what the badge looks like.

Don't take a personal line in your responses.

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
Old 22-05-2015, 08:24 PM   #28
Pooj
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuthin' fancy View Post
This Ford Fan has no idea what the badge looks like.

Don't take a personal line in your responses.
Superfly's avatar is the badge. 👍🏼😃
Old 21-05-2015, 01:08 PM   #29
mtbkym01
"Final 8"

I've got one on my fridge, bought it at the Townsville round from the merchandise tent the year they were on the cars, atleast I think it's still there, there's a lot of stuff stuck on the fridge

PXIII XLT - Meteor Grey
3.2 6spd Auto
Old 21-05-2015, 04:02 PM   #30
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

I have seen one on an FG falcon around Mackay.
Closed Thread