Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 06:55 PM   #1
MaD_KiWi
Happy as Larry

Default Unhappy XR6 owner

gee this guy aint happy

Old 01-03-2005, 07:04 PM   #2
Thornie
Off smelting

even if he had brought an ss it would have the same sticker on it because he would be going back for engine rebuilds
Old 02-03-2005, 01:58 PM   #3
MaD_KiWi
Happy as Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaTTuS
even if he had brought an ss it would have the same sticker on it because he would be going back for engine rebuilds
ohhhhhhh a well thought of mature car enthusiast comment

NOT!!!!
Old 02-03-2005, 02:01 PM   #4
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD_KiWi
ohhhhhhh a well thought of mature car enthusiast comment

NOT!!!!
Dont hold your breath waiting for mature comment, you'll go blue waiting! :sm_headba

Last edited by RED_EL_XR8; 02-03-2005 at 02:02 PM.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:16 PM   #5
MaD_KiWi
Happy as Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
Dont hold your breath waiting for mature comment, you'll go blue waiting! :sm_headba
well since im not a one eyer, i will probably go red and blue waiting. _2: seriously though, no need to be all one eyed, im sure mingey jeffery etc didnt want this site turning into that now do we.

Simon
Old 02-03-2005, 02:32 PM   #6
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD_KiWi
well since im not a one eyer, i will probably go red and blue waiting. _2: seriously though, no need to be all one eyed, im sure mingey jeffery etc didnt want this site turning into that now do we.

Simon
Red & Blue - Good call! SOH is a wonderful thing. Cheers :
Old 01-03-2005, 07:06 PM   #7
Spaniard

Personally, I just think he/she is just a stupid idiot for doing that. If they're not happy, then why have the car still? Sell the bloody thing and get a different car I say!
Old 01-03-2005, 08:30 PM   #8
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaniard
Personally, I just think he/she is just a stupid idiot for doing that. If they're not happy, then why have the car still? Sell the bloody thing and get a different car I say!
Depends on how it's financed. I had a bit of a lemon car that I had on CHP and when I did get rid of it (2 years after I wanted to) it still cost me $6000 out of my own pocket to do so.

I'm wondering if it made anyone at Ford take notice and deal with them as a priority.
Old 01-03-2005, 08:41 PM   #9
b2tf
not here much anymore

Highly doubt it.

Now dont get me wrong, im not taking sides here, but the issue (and 95% of issues like this where you get dodgy cars) is more than likely due to the dealership who sold/services the car.
The vast majority of problems known with the BA series are fixable, and they do have 'fixes' in place which are developed by Ford. These should, if followed to the letter, fix the problem - thats what they're developed to do.

The trouble is, every now and then you will get a dodgy dealer who wants to skimp on warranty jobs, labour etc - and this is where things dont get done and problems are not fixed the way they should be. Every dealershpi can contact a Hotline to Ford specifically to find out what a fix for a problem is, and whether it should be done or not - and there really is no excuse for doing this - its a 10 mins phonecall. The idea behind that is to avoid dealers skimping out on fixes, but unfortunately it still happens.

If that were my car, thats the last thing id do to it - mainly because if i went to sell it to get rid of it, and someone recognised the plates, they'd know it was a dodgy car because it was written all over the back window.
Old 01-03-2005, 08:41 PM   #10
buickman
buickman

He might 1 of those people that complain over silly problems all the time and not just his car,

buickman
Old 03-03-2005, 11:29 PM   #11
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaniard
I totally disagree. This person has paid all this money for the car, he shouldn't have to buy a new one. Is it that much to ask that a $50,000 car should work properly? The car has probably depreciated $20k since he bought it, why should he have to incur the cost of ford building him a shit car.

Last edited by GlennBA; 03-03-2005 at 11:34 PM.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:34 PM   #12
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennXRT
I totally disagree. This person has paid all this money for the car, he shouldn't have to buy a new one. Is it that much to ask that a $50,000 car should work properly?
No, its not. But, say you were the dealer who sold this car. Would you be interested in helping someone out who has pretty much just gone and dragged your name, reputation and product through the mud?
Old 03-03-2005, 11:36 PM   #13
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
No, its not. But, say you were the dealer who sold this car. Would you be interested in helping someone out who has pretty much just gone and dragged your name, reputation and product through the mud?
I'll bet he's put the sticker on after a few unsucessful trips at the dealer though. They are obligated to help him get that car fixed. If the car worked fine and the dealer fixed it properly the sticker wouldn't be on there.

Last edited by GlennBA; 03-03-2005 at 11:37 PM.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:51 PM   #14
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
I'll bet he's put the sticker on after a few unsucessful trips at the dealer though. They are obligated to help him get that car fixed. If the car worked fine and the dealer fixed it properly the sticker wouldn't be on there.
Not entirely 'obligated'. If the stuffups are a result of mistreatment/modification/aleration/damage to the car (and 9 times out of 10 it is easy to tell), they're not obligated to do anything at all.

I do agree with you, obviously he's a bit frustrated, but doing what he has is certainly not going to help his cause, if anything it will hinder it.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:08 PM   #15
EFFalcon
Last warning

shoulda ordered it in Rapid..
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
Old 01-03-2005, 07:16 PM   #16
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

Probably a whinging whining twat, good and bad with every mass produced cars.

I personaly know a few dissatisfied Gen 3 owners, one who has ordered a new BA GT.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:28 PM   #17
Psycho Chicken
Banned

I doubt the car is a lemon, more so the dealership he's going to.
Old 01-03-2005, 08:48 PM   #18
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

Mainly engine problems don't sound like silly problems to me. I thought it was funny myself

I know this is gonna sound strange, so brace yourself guys.

It - is - possible - that - a - ford - is - a - lemon.

There. I said it. :P
Old 01-03-2005, 09:00 PM   #19
Envious
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRaven
Mainly engine problems don't sound like silly problems to me. I thought it was funny myself

/me runs away with fingers in ears screaming "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA, not listening, not listening..." :
Old 03-03-2005, 11:31 PM   #20
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRaven

Its very possible. My dads got a BA XR6T and its had 24 warranty issues in 30,000km. I saw this guy tell his story on another forum and he's had like 30+ issues with the car. Its not on really. :

Last edited by GlennBA; 03-03-2005 at 11:33 PM.
Old 04-03-2005, 06:43 AM   #21
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Its very possible. My dads got a BA XR6T and its had 24 warranty issues in 30,000km. I saw this guy tell his story on another forum and he's had like 30+ issues with the car. Its not on really. :
How many of those are individual issues and how many are repeat issues? Might be a case of taking it to another dealer?
Old 01-03-2005, 09:03 PM   #22
Thornie
Off smelting

blueravan gets banished to ford hell

which is piles and piles of commodore magazines and videos that you are forced to watch
Old 02-03-2005, 02:00 PM   #23
MaD_KiWi
Happy as Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaTTuS
blueravan gets banished to ford hell

which is piles and piles of commodore magazines and videos that you are forced to watch

Ohhhhhhhhh and another one, i love one eyeds, they make me laugh and makes me try and guess there age or the car they drive.

:MrT_anim:
Old 01-03-2005, 09:18 PM   #24
Psycho Chicken
Banned

There are lemons with all brands, it's just a matter of how the dealership/company treat the owners.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:24 PM   #25
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i have to say as sick as that guy/girl must be its a bloody good idea!

james
Old 01-03-2005, 09:32 PM   #26
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cArSiK
i have to say as sick as that guy/girl must be its a bloody good idea!

james
Umm? Why is having the dealer and anyone else who takes notice branding you as just another, whining ranting loonie a good idea?
If the vehicle is a lemon, there are sane and resoned ways to have the situation rectified.

And the sweet satisfaction of having the national sales manager saying what colour would you like on the replacement, after you've told her that no amount of repair will make you confident in that vehicle.

The whole world is looking at this guy and saying "You ********"! :monkes:
Old 01-03-2005, 09:56 PM   #27
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Umm? Why is having the dealer and anyone else who takes notice branding you as just another, whining ranting loonie a good idea?
If the vehicle is a lemon, there are sane and resoned ways to have the situation rectified. :monkes:
After 15 times back to the dealership for an engine problem wouldnt you have the shits with someone? With out knowing the storey behind this we really cant comment on Whether or not this is justified. This guy may well have been seriously dicked around....

Last edited by cArSiK; 01-03-2005 at 10:00 PM.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:27 PM   #28
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cArSiK
After 15 times back to the dealership for an engine problem wouldnt you have the shits with someone? With out knowing the storey behind this we really cant comment on Whether or not this is justified. This guy may well have been seriously dicked around....
Well it took about 18 times and probaly 40 or 50 reasoned and factual e-mails, lots of google research, a letter to the US VP, but we got a new vehicle.
And the service manager that created much of the problem was demoted sideways. Added bonus but not the aim.
I'm not saying its a lot of fun, but I'll bet this guy doesn't have a zot of real evidence, or a log of the lost time, or the phone calls, or the relevant TSBs etc, sticker isn't going to get you anywhere but $80 poorer.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:00 AM   #29
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Well it took about 18 times and probaly 40 or 50 reasoned and factual e-mails, lots of google research, a letter to the US VP, but we got a new vehicle.
And the service manager that created much of the problem was demoted sideways. Added bonus but not the aim.
I'm not saying its a lot of fun, but I'll bet this guy doesn't have a zot of real evidence, or a log of the lost time, or the phone calls, or the relevant TSBs etc, sticker isn't going to get you anywhere but $80 poorer.

wow , i sold new fords untill recently and to get a car repalced is a massive thing , so it was obviously justifyed in your case. The number of people that would come back and demand a replacement vehicle for small things was amazing , however its not a decision on the dealership level , but ford australia as they are the ones responsible for the warranty.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:28 PM   #30
LUXO_8
windsor user

i reckon the guy is a ****er towards the dealership.
i have heard it all before... it has such and suckh a problem and i expect it to be fixed in 5 minutes! get of your **** and fix the car whinge whinge whinge whine whine whine.

so the dealership - who actually pulls the strings, is like well we'll stuff you bob, we'll dodge the problem over and over till you actually grow a bit of a brain and give us the right amount of time to repair it.

there is a way to aproach the dealership to fix your cars faults and it doesnt involve ordering them around......
Closed Thread