Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-04-2006, 02:37 AM   #1
K_Man
Whoa, this is heavy!

Default Hidden Speed Cameras to go under Libs in VIC

(I'm sorry if this is a repost, search didn't come up with anything)

I dont want to start a political debate, but this is an interesting article: HERE

Could it be there's a politician out there with some sense? Wonder how true he'd stay to his word _

Old 13-04-2006, 02:41 AM   #2
EFFalcon
Last warning

lies lies lies!
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 03:47 AM   #3
2kool4u

Location: I live in my own little world, but it's alright, the people know me here

do they have hidden speed cameras in Victoria??

that'd suck living there, especially having to have 120 hours in your log book as a learner before you can get your p's.
Old 13-04-2006, 04:01 AM   #4
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

at least there is a government member admiting that speed cameras are a revenue raiser.

I like the sounds of this guy...

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 12:48 PM   #5
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I like the sounds of the 10% tolerance being re-intoduced. Atleast if you get a fine you know you probly deserve it unlike the current Bracks revenue raiser. I know people that never had a fine in 30 years before he changed the 10% to 2 or 3 lowsy Ks. Very easy to go over accidently and you are on to fine a line between doing the limit and creeping over. Under this system you cannot have a relaxing drive and I know plenty of people in their 50's that say the same. I think thats saying something.
ED Classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 12:53 PM   #6
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Especially having to have 120 hours in your log book as a learner before you can get your p's.
Since when?
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 01:02 PM   #7
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bah...i can't stand doyle, won't change my vote!!
ClevlndStemer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 01:10 PM   #8
niko
likes falcon's

that clowns been wanting to be voted in for ages, i give him one thing though, his pr is HOT AS!
Old 13-04-2006, 01:19 PM   #9
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Trouble is when they get in by as much as Bracks is and like Kennet was, They do what they want when they want.
Old 13-04-2006, 01:55 PM   #10
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Regardless of what you think of Doyle, if you vote for Bracks he will just get worse.
If Doyles is a goose (and I wouldn't know him fram a bar a soap) then get rid of him in 3 years but you will be stuck with Bracks' lunacy until he is gone.

The other point is that if Bracks loses because of speed cameras then there will be no more anywhere whereas if he wins then ALL states will go the Bracks way.

Politicians are like little children, if you do not dicipline them they will run amok.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 06:58 PM   #11
RavenLS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Regardless of what you think of Doyle, if you vote for Bracks he will just get worse.
If Doyles is a goose (and I wouldn't know him fram a bar a soap) then get rid of him in 3 years but you will be stuck with Bracks' lunacy until he is gone.

The other point is that if Bracks loses because of speed cameras then there will be no more anywhere whereas if he wins then ALL states will go the Bracks way.

Politicians are like little children, if you do not dicipline them they will run amok.
agreed!
Old 13-04-2006, 02:06 PM   #12
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I agree with Flappist. These are some of the exact same ideas that many members of this forum advocate. Less emphasis on speed, more driver training.
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2006, 01:33 PM   #13
BTTB
Free XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont99
I agree with Flappist. These are some of the exact same ideas that many members of this forum advocate. Less emphasis on speed, more driver training.
I also agree... more emphasis on Driver Training and less on Revenue Raising

Politicians should be permanently renamed to Backflip-Artists ...
Labour or Liberal... anyone with too much power goes Crazy

Whether its Bracksy or Howard None of them are really in touch
with the little man, drop a polly's pay packet down too what the average Australian
earns ($1029.50 ~ see here)... then see how many of them stay in their jobs... selfish crunts
BTTB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 02:16 PM   #14
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Anyone who votes for Mr Greed (Bracks) has no right to complain about recieiving a $130.00 fine for doing 63kph in a 60 zone.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 02:40 PM   #15
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Have never, will never, could never and shall never vote for the Bracks greed machine. Peter Batchelor is by far the most incompetent, moronic and totally evil POS potitician that ever made it past an abortion.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 05:32 PM   #16
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Have never, will never, could never and shall never vote for the Bracks greed machine. Peter Batchelor is by far the most incompetent, moronic and totally evil POS potitician that ever made it past an abortion.
Steve Bracks comes across as half alright if you havent got your thinking cap on. He is smart enough to never be seen at anything negative against him and only pops up as the hero who will promise to do something about it untill it all goes away quietly. I am afraid that all his off siders dont cover up so well. For eg Batchelor, Nixon, Hairdryer, Holding. They must laugh at how gullable Victorians are and what they can get away with due to so many votes.
I agree Doyle is a gufus but, Hes no arrogant bloke like Jeff, hes not wearing a mask like Steve and, He is dying to prove himself while he has a chance. This is why he is there, its what his jobs about and if he has to use up a bit of Bracksys surplass that we will never see anyway to bring back a democracy rather than a communist state then good thing. Being treated like a criminal for accidently creeping 3kmh over 50 or 100kmh is an insult to experienced drivers.
Old 13-04-2006, 02:42 PM   #17
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I want to move to VIC just so I can vote for this guy :
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 04:04 PM   #18
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

yeah I saw this aswell...he wa stalking about how the 10% rule used to work fine, and it wll be re-introduced if the Libs get in.

Not that I voted for Labur anyway, hopefully the silly people have leant there lesson. Doyle is a twat, but his better than Bracksy.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 05:06 PM   #19
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Your Messiah has arrived!
Old 13-04-2006, 06:51 PM   #20
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Is there an election coming up in Victoria? (I have no idea, I am in NSW : )

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 06:53 PM   #21
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

should be soon...bracksy is going down!
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 07:18 PM   #22
rodderz

I'm not much a fan of Doyle either, but I would vote for him just to get rid of Bracks. I cant trust those fixed camera's, I would rather see more police or some sort of governing body out on the roads that can distinguish between the borderline and the stupid stuff- with actual people manning the points rather than untrustworthy electronic devices.

The other thing is Bracks has never listened nor done anything about the root of the problem- driver education
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 09:32 PM   #23
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The other thing is Bracks has never listened nor done anything about the root of the problem- driver education,...... yeah but none of the other dumb ИИИИs have done anything either , and doyle is just as full off it as all the other pollys(and me mum reckons HE`S GOT SHIFTY EYES).
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 10:11 PM   #24
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

I wonder if they do get in & they they will keep their word...........no they loose to much money.
Old 13-04-2006, 11:11 PM   #25
EBII Fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One is just as dumb as the other. Since it is that way, I have a feeling that bracks will once again stay in. Since bracks is currently running the show, and there is no good opposition, i think people will tend to vote for him. Just like howard who has been voted in the last three times, since there is no good opposition.

If doyle could come up with some good ideas, not just for camera's his chances on getting in over bracks would increase. one policy is just not good enough.
EBII Fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 11:29 PM   #26
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

I'm with you Fairmont - Doyle must continue on this and develop more open,'smart' allowances, the dead serious bull-ИИИИ that comes out of Victoria is appalling, neigh - a national embarrassment, and I get to fend much of it off here in NSW.

The problem is, people will vote for Bracks in big numbers, women think he is cute for some sick reason, and roads and safety are just not 'the big' issues.

Doyle is at least honest and upfront, I have over time forwarded NSW fixed camera signage and technical detail for them to peruse, his campaign WILL NOT result in any increase in road deaths despite hysteria from the extreme academic left that have successfully infiltrated the workings of most all parties via each Ministers respective portfolio.

Utterly devoid of any reality some of these arrogant pricks. I hate being so held back in an increasingly dumbed-down nation.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 07:13 AM   #27
jmc-007

Quote:
I'm with you Fairmont - Doyle must continue on this and develop more open,'smart' allowances, the dead serious bull-ИИИИ that comes out of Victoria is appalling, neigh - a national embarrassment, and I get to fend much of it off here in NSW.
that is the best post that has come out of your mouth keepleft
jmc-007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 11:23 AM   #28
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc-007
that is the best post that has come out of your mouth keepleft
THEN you really don't know me well, at all.
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 06:13 PM   #29
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Usually try and stay apolitical, but I am so hoping Boy BRACKS gets voted out........
Old 14-04-2006, 12:27 AM   #30
robjg33
broady grown

Doyle honest! absolute crap
the guys got nothing to lose so he will say or do anything to get a vote
anyone who has met him will agree he's full of s@#t even his party WANT to get rid of him but what for even they know he will lead them to another loss
llok at what he said on "hoon legislation"
robjg33 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post