Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 19-10-2007, 06:50 PM   #1
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking New PB for Jabba and Elite Automotive

Well I finaly cracked into the 11's witha 11.919 @ 117.28... It was a lot off hard work, but paul from Elite and I did it... We removed 150kg and installed a shift light.. Tyres were MT ET street and they were a problem.. At 17psi I could launch very well, but change into second and it would wheel spin alot... It was not untill my last 2 runs I sorted out the traction issues (huge burnouts sorted that).. We only managed to get in 6 runs, and it wasn't untill the 5th and 6th I started to get some rythm and find the sweet spot so to speak... had I got a few more runs in I have no doubt I would nocked off another tenth, maybe 2....

I learnt alot what I have been doing wrong with my gear shifts last night... on my last run I tried some thing differant... Usualy I will hold 3rd and cross the line at 7500rpm... This time I shifted into 4th 100mtr from the finish and I picked up 3mph...

I'm stoked.. And there will be Footage up as soon as I get it...

If I am correct, For it class ( 5.4 Boss NA), This ute is now the fastest and quickest 5sp manual..... I think it is now the fastest manual. We are the only 5.4 to be using 3.7 diff gears..... We are also the only 5.4 NA Boss to be using MT ET Street.. The rest are on full slicks and front runners....
Please if I am incorrect, then please tell me....

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2007, 07:03 PM   #2
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Well done and congrats on the times.

My unopened 11.7 was on slicks, but didn't car what tyres it was on as we were just chasing an 11 even if it was 11.99 we would have been happy

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2007, 08:30 PM   #3
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba

If I am correct, For it class ( 5.4 Boss NA), This ute is now the fastest and quickest 5sp manual..... I think it is now the fastest manual. We are the only 5.4 to be using 3.7 diff gears..... We are also the only 5.4 NA Boss to be using MT ET Street.. The rest are on full slicks and front runners....
Please if I am incorrect, then please tell me....

Well done jabba and Elite exelecent driving in a manual, nah mate another 4 hundreths and the manual boss record is yours (11.87).
But on a serious note who give a F%#k what gears you use and what what tyres you use what setup you run, the end of the day you do your numbers in what ever configeration and no body could care less unless your some clown that thinks there's some record for quickest boss with biggest stereo or something, I dont know its like everyone wants to claim some record but really do you get anything out of it NO, I would be glad you have sold your car as the wear and tear on it with those 60's takes its toll big time in a manual not to mention that poor old 5sp of yours. Sorry but Im getting sick of people claiming some stupid quickest street tyred,full weight,unopemed (yeh right),sedan etc record as far as Im conserned there's a manual, auto boss record and same in the T6's anything else is a toss in my eyes. If you want the manual record do whats gotta be done and get it and stop having a pull about I did it in this or that, lay down the numbers its as simple as that WHO GIVES A F%#K HOW YOU DID IT, work it out.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2007, 09:18 PM   #4
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcams
Well done jabba and Elite exelecent driving in a manual, nah mate another 4 hundreths and the manual boss record is yours (11.87).
But on a serious note who give a F%#k what gears you use and what what tyres you use what setup you run, the end of the day you do your numbers in what ever configeration and no body could care less unless your some clown that thinks there's some record for quickest boss with biggest stereo or something, I dont know its like everyone wants to claim some record but really do you get anything out of it NO, I would be glad you have sold your car as the wear and tear on it with those 60's takes its toll big time in a manual not to mention that poor old 5sp of yours. Sorry but Im getting sick of people claiming some stupid quickest street tyred,full weight,unopemed (yeh right),sedan etc record as far as Im conserned there's a manual, auto boss record and same in the T6's anything else is a toss in my eyes. If you want the manual record do whats gotta be done and get it and stop having a pull about I did it in this or that, lay down the numbers its as simple as that WHO GIVES A F%#K HOW YOU DID IT, work it out.
Settle down. All I am trying to do is get a accurate idea were the yard stick is..... You wont ever see an ET, or fastest this or quickest that in my Sig... I thought it might also make for an intersting discussion....

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 19-10-2007, 09:23 PM   #5
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Settle down. All I am trying to do is get a accurate idea were the yard stick is..... You wont ever see an ET, or fastest this or quickest that in my Sig... I thought it might also make for an intersting discussion....
Yeh but why you have to mention all that other crap, maybe you should tell everone what you pulled out not that I give a, but that would make some good talking lol.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2007, 10:27 PM   #6
FLUB378

For a radial in a manual 17psi seems low to me. The spin you are talking about in 2nd gear. Could it be the tyres rotating on the rim? Are you running bead screws? If not a good experiment would be to paint a single straight line on both your rear wheels and tyres. Do a run and see if the line has moved. A good way to check for tyre slippage. I know heavier cars, autos, running 8's on radials and aren't that low in pressure. Just my thoughts about it.
FLUB378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2007, 11:22 PM   #7
Paul@eliteauto
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here is the run.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWDVq36GsLA

Well driven Matt.
BF Typhoon 359.5rwkw 11.10@125.8 MPH Sold
FG F6 400rwkw 10.86@131MPH Sold
FG GT MK 11 Streetfighter 430 rwkw
Fords are a lifestyle _2:
Paul@eliteauto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2007, 07:54 AM   #8
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yeh but why you have to mention all that other crap, maybe you should tell everone what you pulled out not that I give a, but that would make some good talking lol.
Why mention it?...
Apparently, according to certain member on this forum. I have all the wrong bits on my ute, the motor is built all wrong and would it never run quicker then a 12.7....

I removed the Tow bar, Tail gate, Tray liner, Spare wheel, Drivers seat, Center console, Glove box and the Fire extinguisher....

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 20-10-2007, 09:19 AM   #9
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Quote:
Why mention it?...
I removed the Tow bar, Tail gate, Tray liner, Spare wheel, Drivers seat, Center console, Glove box and the Fire extinguisher....
Drivers seat????? Personally i would of found it easier to remove the passengers seat and drive it from the drivers seat......LOL...

Well Done Jabba great result, good fun to drive them when they are set up for racing (your on a race track set it up and run it), leaving it in full street trim is boring. And hows the conditions they looked killer on your timeslip, good track that willowbank only ever raced Top Fuel and Funny Car up there and the track has always been great.

Looks like you combo of MT's and 3.73 would be about right if it had 4.10's you would of been spinning the wheels in the early part. Slicks and 4.10's you would probably drop 2 tenths maybe more.

Again well done love to see BOSS cars kicking a r s e.

Cheers Craig
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2007, 05:04 PM   #10
sutty
Mushroom

Quote:

The way I read it, Jabba was just letting eveyone know what he'd done. He wasn't claiming quickest with 3.73's and no tailgate or anything like that.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you one of the guys who crucified the bloke who ran NOS and didn't tell everyone straight away - yet now you're saying it doesn't matter???
sutty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2007, 08:33 PM   #11
rodderz

Good stuff Matt, another Boss in the 11's

Can't say that many people still get to punt the bejesus out of their car after they have sold it!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2007, 06:37 PM   #12
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

2nd for the night http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bfupTKyPb4

My favorite, the disappearing car
3rd for the night http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESqqQhAPWAg

My PB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWDVq36GsLA

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 20-10-2007, 06:53 PM   #13
Bren260

well done man,
just watched the vid too nice burn.
Bren260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2007, 07:23 PM   #14
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Awesome work Jabba, that ute continues to impress.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2007, 09:30 PM   #15
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Well done Jabba and Elite, I am another who is happy to hear how its run.
Nothing wrong with race trim but its always a bit harder run do it in Street trim, as not everyone has the same money or resources when they race.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2007, 06:38 PM   #16
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

Awesome Jabba, and a bloody great 60' time, with 3.7's too !
Old 22-10-2007, 09:19 PM   #17
ADSXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats great to watch mate. Well done. There is hope for the old stick shift yet!!!!
Old 22-10-2007, 10:07 PM   #18
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Jabba yours is a 260 or a 290 Boss?

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2007, 10:42 PM   #19
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
Jabba yours is a 260 or a 290 Boss?
It was a 260 untill Herrod rebuilt it..

Mark, remember what my ute was like to drive when you tooking for a run???
The exhaust I had then sounded OK, but was restrictive..... I later bought a set off headers off Rob and made a custom system and we pick up 25rwkw after a revised tune... Later we found a bit more to a total off 310rwkw...

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 22-10-2007, 10:56 PM   #20
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It was a 260 untill Herrod rebuilt it..

Mark, remember what my ute was like to drive when you tooking for a run???
The exhaust I had then sounded OK, but was restrictive..... I later bought a set off headers off Rob and made a custom system and we pick up 25rwkw after a revised tune... Later we found a bit more to a total off 310rwkw...
I forgot..Paul also tidyed up the ports.. Nothing to radical, just removed the cast marking.. But every bit help to make horsepower...

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 22-10-2007, 10:56 PM   #21
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Cool mate, be very very careful launching around 6000 RPM these diffs DO NOT like it.
Old 22-10-2007, 10:57 PM   #22
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig@ACE
Cool mate, be very very careful launching around 6000 RPM these diffs DO NOT like it.
I would off thought the drive shaft would let go befor the Diff.... That little CV at the diff end???

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 22-10-2007, 11:04 PM   #23
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Quote:
I would off thought the drive shaft would let go befor the Diff.... That little CV at the diff end???
I haven't done one of those yet ( i think Chris might of a year or so ago but that's a girlie auto) never had any tailshaft issues only a massive diff explosion with a 6000 + launch and i was breaking the bolt that goes through the centre of the leaf springs, make sure you check those after every run as they will break being a manual.
Old 23-10-2007, 06:40 AM   #24
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig@ACE
I haven't done one of those yet ( i think Chris might of a year or so ago but that's a girlie auto) never had any tailshaft issues only a massive diff explosion with a 6000 + launch and i was breaking the bolt that goes through the centre of the leaf springs, make sure you check those after every run as they will break being a manual.
Snapping that bolt is a surprise.. I will get Paul to check to see if there are any signs off fatigue this week.... I trying to be kind to the drive line by 2 staging the clutch (slipping it a bit)...

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 23-10-2007, 03:26 AM   #25
TruBlu351
3 Pedals R Better Than 2

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has given endless help in the cleveland section over the years. Knows his stuff and happily tests on the track and gives no fuss results. 

Nice work! Go the manuals ;) Yeah, those 4.11's would work a treat.

You flat shifting that 2nd gear change........sounds ultra quick & snappy!!

What gear are you popping in your burnouts?

TruBlu351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2007, 06:47 AM   #26
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu351
Nice work! Go the manuals ;) Yeah, those 4.11's would work a treat.

You flat shifting that 2nd gear change........sounds ultra quick & snappy!!

What gear are you popping in your burnouts?
The first 5 runs I didi not flat shift into second as I was getting to much wheel spin when popping second... So I just kepted doing bigger burn out to try and gain more traction for the 1st - 2nd shift... It payed off and yeah that last run I did I flat shifted 2nd 3rd and 4th...

2nd gear in the burn out... Thought about 3rd, but I don't want to over load/heat the clutch, as I using an single organic clutch plate...

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 23-10-2007, 12:09 PM   #27
DBL15
love being blown

well what ever your doing its still awesome to watch and i am just glad i was there to see it bring on the next attempt : : :
DBL15 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2007, 02:30 PM   #28
TruBlu351
3 Pedals R Better Than 2

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has given endless help in the cleveland section over the years. Knows his stuff and happily tests on the track and gives no fuss results. 

Quote:
So I just kepted doing bigger burn out to try and gain more traction
lol........I didn't notice that!! :

TruBlu351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2007, 03:16 PM   #29
WASP
Whipple Induced

Well done Jabba, that's one tough XR8 Ute you have (had). Great to see everyone supporting each other to get the results.
Old 23-10-2007, 03:43 PM   #30
Chris
AFF.com.au

Well done buddy!!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post